2021/07/29 05:40:20
zippytek
Gotspeed_2000I just ordered mines tonight as soon as I saw the post here about it being available to order.  I don't know how many people got in before me

got an order in for 2 of these monsters at 11:24 EST, couple friends around this time also. not looking like the 2x Kingpins will be going in a case with these blocks, so praxis it is. backplate looks insane, v excited

also kind of sad lol at the hydrocopper blocks now, i never even installed the kit on my hybrid. was planning on it in the next week or two. now i think it isn't even worth. tick tock
2021/08/04 21:56:03
tps34433
zippytek
Gotspeed_2000I just ordered mines tonight as soon as I saw the post here about it being available to order.  I don't know how many people got in before me

got an order in for 2 of these monsters at 11:24 EST, couple friends around this time also. not looking like the 2x Kingpins will be going in a case with these blocks, so praxis it is. backplate looks insane, v excited

also kind of sad lol at the hydrocopper blocks now, i never even installed the kit on my hybrid. was planning on it in the next week or two. now i think it isn't even worth. tick tock

Oh nice!

My 3090KP is feeling a little sad at 50-52C+ temps while gaming with 27.9C water. I don’t understand it.
2021/08/05 00:13:51
elbramso
Full cover front + rear pcb will just be insane!
I guess this block will weigh 7-8lb with the active backplate.

If heat is the only thing that holds back the KPE, this block will cut this leash^^
2021/08/05 05:03:42
Zvedza
Dayum, kinda regret getting the KP Hydro copper for mine with this out finally.
But sheesh $600? My 3090 kp with this would equal the cost of my first watercooled pc build alone. Eager to see the temps on this monster, and probably would need make a vertical support for this thing as my HC right now sags a bit when vertically mounted. Not eager to tear down my loop again for this though.
2021/08/05 14:18:38
tps34433
Zvedza
Dayum, kinda regret getting the KP Hydro copper for mine with this out finally.
But sheesh $600? My 3090 kp with this would equal the cost of my first watercooled pc build alone. Eager to see the temps on this monster, and probably would need make a vertical support for this thing as my HC right now sags a bit when vertically mounted. Not eager to tear down my loop again for this though.

I know! It’s pretty upsetting. 

$598 is expensive, but apparently Optimus is selling the block only without backplate for $299.99. Although, these units are not available yet. So for $598.00 your really getting (2) water blocks. And they also include a full rear board sized Fujipoly thermal pad for the back waterblock. And they include the Fujipoly extreme pads for the front modules.

This block is supposed to offer like 7-8C deltas over water temps. I mean, what a beast! 

I am tempted to sale my Kingpin Hydro copper, and just buy one..

The performance would certainly be worth it. SUB 40C temps are gonna be easy with a block like this.
2021/08/05 14:39:30
Mienko
I paid $400 for my FTW3 Optimus block.  I wonder what the additional $200 nets.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Active backplate.
2021/08/05 14:45:13
tps34433
Mienko
I paid $400 for my FTW3 Optimus block.  I wonder what the additional $200 nets.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Active backplate.

Optimus confirmed that the Kingpin has $150 more dollars in cost involved just for the addition of the top shelf Fujipoly thermal pads. Besides the thermal pads, the card has a 2nd waterblock on the back of it.

The price is very reasonable. For $598.00 it actually makes use KP Hydro
copper owners fee ripped off lol. 

2021/08/05 14:48:58
Mienko
tps34433

Optimus confirmed that the Kingpin has $150 more dollars in cost involved just for the addition of the top shelf Fujipoly thermal pads. Besides the thermal pads, the card has a 2nd waterblock on the back of it.

Ah, the upgrade in pads too, that's pretty awesome.  I currently have the EK Vector that I absolutely will not use (long story).  Can't wait until my Opti block comes.  Seriously envious of the KPE owners now though.  :-D
2021/08/05 14:55:36
tps34433
Mienko
tps34433

Ah, the upgrade in pads too, that's pretty awesome.  I currently have the EK Vector that I absolutely will not use (long story).  Can't wait until my Opti block comes.  Seriously envious of the KPE owners now though.  :-D

The memory modules on these cards are just ridiculously good, and this waterblock would help that so much too.. Most people don’t even realize it (Leaving the dip switches off, and the standard bios, or OC bios. But I’ve personally played Cyberpunk 2077 at +2,050 on my memory. it’s really kinda scary how it just keeps going and goin.

Enable both FBVDD switches on the back, and enable the load line dip switches too for around 1.51-1.53V instead of a standard 1.375V.

My memory hot spot is still about 58-60C with just standard memory voltages and no overclocking. So, I really can’t imagine what this 7-8 pound beast of a block would offer.

It’s crazy how eager people are to pay the $600. lol.

I have never seen a top shelf GPU block, that also has top shelf thermal material too. More companies need to offer this as an option. 
2021/08/05 15:53:37
Chabster
Whats the point of active back plate for additional $250-300 if it does not matter what the VRAM temp is as long as it is less than 90c? My FE does 80-82c (ambient 31c) while having +1500 on VRAM.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account