2021/10/29 21:29:21
jayman20
Ravena
jayman20
flg2010
So they are replacing the 3090s with v1.0 cards ?? If they blow up

No :(  I just got my RMA back late last week and it was another 0.1 card.. Worked over the weekend and now this card is starting with the black screens (while PC stays running in the background) and completely black screen with fans ramping to 100%..   I haven't even gotten the heavy duty games loaded in yet, just D2 at about 40% GPU usage.  

I think I have it isolated to the card pretty well too..  Have two complete systems and another 3090 to test with, that all work fine otherwise.  Looks like another $25 in shipping and 2 week wait in my future.

I had to request a 1.0 rev and they approved that request it since I am on my second RMA now after having 2 0.1's go poof. only issue is that they are waiting on stock to come in :(
I wanted to cross ship but looking like supply issues going to hinder that plan if they don't get in a shipment on Monday/Tuesday next week.

hoping they get more cards in and slowly replace 0.1 cards with 1.0 cause 0.1 power delivery and what not is just bad. hopefully your next RMA works out.

Well, I'm sad to report I just got my THIRD card back, and it was not only another 0.1 card but this time one of the ugly ass red lips one.. So this is officially older than the original card I bought originally... I tried to request a 1.0 card since it was my 2nd dead 0.1 and they said they had no way to guarantee that & there isnt a significant difference anyway when I called (likely placating) 

Upside is the card is working... for now.. but I cant help to feel a bit ripped off.  Gloves off now though, I'm playing New World without any special adjustments.. If it dies, it goes back again and I'm selling the NIB one to go with another brand (for the first time in 20 years) 

Wishing you all better luck~ 
2021/10/30 09:28:49
flg2010
jayman20
Ravena
jayman20
flg2010
So they are replacing the 3090s with v1.0 cards ?? If they blow up

No :(  I just got my RMA back late last week and it was another 0.1 card.. Worked over the weekend and now this card is starting with the black screens (while PC stays running in the background) and completely black screen with fans ramping to 100%..   I haven't even gotten the heavy duty games loaded in yet, just D2 at about 40% GPU usage.  

I think I have it isolated to the card pretty well too..  Have two complete systems and another 3090 to test with, that all work fine otherwise.  Looks like another $25 in shipping and 2 week wait in my future.

I had to request a 1.0 rev and they approved that request it since I am on my second RMA now after having 2 0.1's go poof. only issue is that they are waiting on stock to come in :(
I wanted to cross ship but looking like supply issues going to hinder that plan if they don't get in a shipment on Monday/Tuesday next week.

hoping they get more cards in and slowly replace 0.1 cards with 1.0 cause 0.1 power delivery and what not is just bad. hopefully your next RMA works out.

Well, I'm sad to report I just got my THIRD card back, and it was not only another 0.1 card but this time one of the ugly ass red lips one.. So this is officially older than the original card I bought originally... I tried to request a 1.0 card since it was my 2nd dead 0.1 and they said they had no way to guarantee that & there isnt a significant difference anyway when I called (likely placating) 

Upside is the card is working... for now.. but I cant help to feel a bit ripped off.  Gloves off now though, I'm playing New World without any special adjustments.. If it dies, it goes back again and I'm selling the NIB one to go with another brand (for the first time in 20 years) 

Wishing you all better luck~ 

Yup same here...  at this point I am going to ditch NVIDIA for the next round of tech upgrades
2021/11/02 03:50:35
GARMFIELD
Got my RMA in after waiting almost a month for it to go through the motions. Black lips, 0.1rev.

So from what I can tell, 0.1 is gonna inevitably die if I play one of the problem games? Disappointed to say the least. Wonder if this time they'll allow me to advance replace it without collateral, cos I saw someone on Reddit say they called and got one shipped without collateral the day after I sent mine out, which sort of added insult to injury.
2021/11/02 05:43:43
Kyranar
They offered to ship out an advanced replacement without collateral to me as well when I raised my RMA in August. 
And after days of not hearing anything I contacted them and got told "Sorry, that offer is just valid for the US. Pay up". 

On a sidenote: 
Be very careful with their EAR programme at the moment as it seems they added a sneaky little change on the website sometime since I did mine. 

On the EVGA website you can read: 
"Upon receipt of your replacement, you will have 30 days to return your original product." (https://eu.evga.com/support/ear/)
and:
"In order to receive a full refund of your collateral, your original product MUST be received by EVGA within 14 days from the date EVGA shipped the replacement to your address. For the avoidance of doubt, the 14 days begins on the day the replacement is shipped by EVGA, not the day you receive the replacement."
(https://eu.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/)

2021/11/02 08:23:02
GARMFIELD
Eesh, that's horrible, I don't think I could stand another month without any GPU. Really getting shafted in the UK, and this is the first time I've had an EVGA card too. Can't say I'm particularly wowed by them sending out replacement cards with the exact same issues and having the consumer foot the bill.
2021/11/02 12:42:51
cneuhauser
drewski989
First Amazon does not sell anything but scalped cards, now their game is killing cards.  I wish Bezos stayed in space.

Ya mean... YOU DIDN'T SIGN THE PETITION... to leave him in space? I did (you think I'm joking).
2021/11/02 12:57:20
AnythingButTangerines
Old FW version too on the replacement with no rebar support? How old is this 0.1 I got :/
2021/11/02 15:31:39
Endspire
Piggy backing off this thread to say I’ve attempted to start the RMA process. My 3090 also went up in smoke playing New World.

Unfortunately I bought and installed the hybrid kit from EVGA and they’re telling me I have to revert the card to its original manufacturer configuration with all the original hardware, thermal pads, and heatsink…

I told them I didn’t even care about the radiator or anything but they said no and told me they’d send me whatever hardware and thermal pads I needed.

I would have never installed the hybrid kit if I knew it would doubly screw me over.
2021/11/02 17:35:23
ty_ger07
Endspire
Unfortunately I bought and installed the hybrid kit from EVGA and they’re telling me I have to revert the card to its original manufacturer configuration with all the original hardware, thermal pads, and heatsink…

Correct. Per the terms of the warranty.
I would have never installed the hybrid kit if I knew it would doubly screw me over.

What's the problem? It's too much work?
2021/11/02 17:44:07
Flint 1760
EVGA has always been specific in their warranty that the product must be return in the same configuration as they sold it to the consumer.

That is why, as an example, if you use a third party water block, you carefully remove everything, including thermal pads (they will sell you these BTW if you destroy them by removal).  I then carefully wrap and box everything and put it away.

There have been a few posts where people have sold their shrouds and fans on an air cooled card or bought a hybrid card, water blocked it, and sold the hybrid parts.  These cards basically have no warranty unless they can get the parts to return them to stock.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account