2021/07/11 22:24:29
cnichols1604
I bought this mouse a couple of months ago, and just this past night the scroll wheel came loose. I know this was a feature on some Logitech mice, where you could unlock the scroll wheel, is this a feature, or do I need to go ahead and submit an RMA? Did I accidentally release the wheel or something like that?
2021/07/12 12:21:25
MSim
You will probably have to submit a RMA.  If it was Logitech, they would cover return shipping or tell you to keep the old mouse and send you a new one.
2021/07/12 13:54:46
EVGA_James
cnichols1604
I bought this mouse a couple of months ago, and just this past night the scroll wheel came loose. I know this was a feature on some Logitech mice, where you could unlock the scroll wheel, is this a feature, or do I need to go ahead and submit an RMA? Did I accidentally release the wheel or something like that?

You'll need to RMA the mouse. Register your product: https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp if you haven't yet and you can submit a support ticket or if you are in the US or CA you can call our support team directly at 888-881-3842
2021/07/12 19:13:22
Warboy
I had this issue with one before I RMA'ed it.
2021/07/19 13:31:28
Harturoc
Mine just broke the wheel's shaft, right where it connects with the sensor. Bought it 2 months and 3 days ago. Very disappointed to see a relatively  soft, translucent,  silicon like material to be at a high mechanical stress point in an $80 mouse.

It seems from a quick search that there are no spare wheels available. Does anyone know where can I get one? (if that is even possible) I don't see a reason why I should trash it just because of that.

Thanks.
2021/08/29 19:42:09
ArchAngel08
My X17 that I bought back in May just developed this issue.  It freely spins but doesn't actually scroll.  The left, right, and middle click still work though.  I just submitted a ticket in hopes of getting a RMA done quickly.  
2021/09/01 00:32:57
skyline090
I had to RMA as well because the scroll wheel developed what I can only describe as a "double click" issue. It only registered a click when pressing hard and it sounded like it made two faint clicks when doing so. The mouse I received in return worked for about a month before the scroll wheel started feeling too loose, and would not always register clicks. The scroll function worked fine on both. I just replaced the x17 with a Logitech G Pro X Superlight. The difference is crazy. The G pro is far superior imo but it costs a lot more.
2021/09/10 20:22:17
canek
I just got the exact same problem with an EVGA X17. After less than 4 months of use the scroll wheel became loose and stopped working.
2021/09/11 16:35:10
ArchAngel08
canek
I just got the exact same problem with an EVGA X17. After less than 4 months of use the scroll wheel became loose and stopped working.

I sent mine in last week and they received it on Thursday.  The replacement was shipped out the same day and should get here Wednesday.  I had no option for advanced RMA which was a bit disappointing.  It wouldn't be surprising if this is a design flaw and I fully expect to run into this problem again in the near future.
2021/09/16 07:04:38
ArchAngel08
I received my replacement two days ago and it was a brand new sealed mouse.  However, it has already developed a double middle click issue.  I'm thinking I should just buy another mouse and RMA this one in a year or two when they get these issues worked out. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account