2021/06/18 20:03:31
rottentreats
Did some overclucking and benching last week when I got home after leaving the air conditioning on all day... :D

Port Royal 15,155K
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/63589838 

Time Spy 20,630K
Time Spy Graphics Score 22,465K
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/63589953
2021/06/18 21:23:04
Shikhee
Not sure how you guys get +100 and more on the core, I've found stability around +80. I have mine under a hybrid kit, it maxes out at 53c, usually boosts to like 2055mhz in games stably. I don't bother with benching software though, I might soon. I usually just set the power limit as high as it will go and let nvidia's boost take care of itself. I get +1000mhz on the memory though before performance starts to go down due to error checking. 
2021/06/18 21:39:02
rottentreats
Shikhee
Not sure how you guys get +100 and more on the core, I've found stability around +80. I have mine under a hybrid kit, it maxes out at 53c, usually boosts to like 2055mhz in games stably. I don't bother with benching software though, I might soon. I usually just set the power limit as high as it will go and let nvidia's boost take care of itself. I get +1000mhz on the memory though before performance starts to go down due to error checking. 

As a gamer I'm not a big fan of benchmarking... yay you got hundreds of points more wooooooooooooo but only .02 FPS more.  Sure it's great for a baseline/comparison but not good for real life scenarios. I get it though, it's a game and trying to get a high score or squeeze performance. (been there, done that but I just want to frag others better :)

With my 150core/699mem and an hour of gaming I hit max boost of 2145, gpu temp 57.3, 106% TDP so I'm happy with the gains that are there. (just a mild OC that lets me boost to the level I want keeping temp sin check and not degrading performance)

So much playing to do though, never undervolted but I'm sorry I would rather get +5 fps and cook this egg than -5 fps and be green...
2021/06/19 18:14:09
TheGuz4L
rottentreats
Shikhee

As a gamer I'm not a big fan of benchmarking... yay you got hundreds of points more wooooooooooooo but only .02 FPS more.  Sure it's great for a baseline/comparison but not good for real life scenarios. I get it though, it's a game and trying to get a high score or squeeze performance. (been there, done that but I just want to frag others better :)

With my 150core/699mem and an hour of gaming I hit max boost of 2145, gpu temp 57.3, 106% TDP so I'm happy with the gains that are there. (just a mild OC that lets me boost to the level I want keeping temp sin check and not degrading performance)

So much playing to do though, never undervolted but I'm sorry I would rather get +5 fps and cook this egg than -5 fps and be green...

Uhm, 2145 is an insane lucky bin.  I dont know many cards that go higher than that 24/7 gaming.
2021/06/19 18:16:35
TheGuz4L
Shikhee

Sounds like a good overclock to me.  I am +75 core and I get 1995 through 2025 depending on temp.  honestly the difference between 2000mhz and 2100Mhz is only a few FPS, dont sweat it.
2021/06/19 18:21:29
talon951
TheGuz4L
rottentreats
Shikhee

Uhm, 2145 is an insane lucky bin.  I dont know many cards that go higher than that 24/7 gaming.

In a menu or a game that doesn't load the gpu very heavily. Otherwise that's sub 2100. My card bounces around in the 2000-2100 range with +135 core and +1100 mem and hybrid kit. Was just playing CP2077 in 4k DLSS quality a little bit ago.
2021/06/19 18:30:50
TheGuz4L
talon951
TheGuz4L
rottentreats
Shikhee

In a menu or a game that doesn't load the gpu very heavily. Otherwise that's sub 2100. My card bounces around in the 2000-2100 range with +135 core and +1100 mem and hybrid kit. Was just playing CP2077 in 4k DLSS quality a little bit ago.

Yea +150 core I can pass Port Royal with ease.  However in game, I am only stable at +75. 
2021/06/19 19:26:18
KingEngineRevUp
TheGuz4L
rottentreats
Shikhee

The card doesn't, you can see his clock drops to 2094 "average" clocks. All our clocks do. Power limits, but even if it had a 500W+ bios that legitimately worked, you'd have to custom water cool it probably because 500W would probably heat you up to the point of clocks dropping.
2021/06/19 22:45:34
faux123
Currently #5 Port Royal with my 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid

https: // www  3dmarks com / pr / 1073556 (can't post full link due to my noobness?)

2021/06/19 22:52:46
KingEngineRevUp
faux123
Currently #5 Port Royal with my 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid

https: // www  3dmarks com / pr / 1073556 (can't post full link due to my noobness?)

Do you mean #5 with your specific CPU? Because I'm like 30 something lol. 

https://www.3dmark.com/co..e/pr/1073556/pr/1082242

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account