2021/10/25 10:04:41
sethleigh
I've got a 3080ti FTW3 Ultra coming in tomorrow (got lucky in the Newegg Shuffle), so it's interesting to see what you guys are seeing with yours. As far as my approach, I do get into the OCing, but it's more about achieving what I can get and have be stable under all conditions indefinitely, not just what I can get a particular benchmark to report successfully once, but couldn't actually game or do productivity stuff with.

It's why my current benchmark scores aren't quite as high as the best scores I ever got. Those best scores of all time were with OC settings that subsequently ran into some trouble in some game, stress test, or otherwise, and I dialed things back a bit. The new, dialed back but stable under every condition I've yet encountered type settings are the ones I pay most attention to.

I'll probably do some low-level OCing of this new 3080ti on air just for entertainment, but won't do much serious OCing with it until the Optimus water block arrives and I swap it in. I'm quite confident that even at stock settings I'll be more than pleased with the FPS boost I see over what I'm getting now from the 1080ti (which I'm actually still fairly pleased with).

Speaking of which, I'm currently getting 50-80fps (depending on where I am and how many other players are nearby) in New World at 3440x1440 at High settings with my 1080ti and Ryzen 5900x. I'll be very curious how this range changes with the 3080ti. I'm also quite curious what bizarre power usage I'll see, since the whole "New World killing GPUs!" topic is still a thing. If it will peg the framerate at my monitor's 120hz refresh rate I'll be pleased. I'm fairly confident that it will under game conditions where I'm currently seeing 80+ fps, but since the conditions where I'm seeing 50+ fps (mostly in towns with lots of other players around) are probably more related to cpu and network latency, I'll be surprised if the fps scales as well despite the 3080ti upgrade. It goes without saying I'll be F5ing the package tracking link tomorrow, the anticipation building throughout the day. 
2021/10/25 16:06:30
pdX5M
Here is my best Time Spy (standard) run thus far: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23792857

Graphic Score: 21,390
CPU Score: 13,996
Overall: 19,819

It was set up at the time to be +120 core and +1000 memory.
2021/10/26 06:27:03
swiesma82
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23768640

Timespy > 20.000
I had to adjust RAM Timing with Ryzen DRAM Calc, and it seems with the newest NVidia driver / Win 11 I can't reach the boost from some weeks ago.
+160 GPU crashes after some seconds, it was stable under Win 10. I have to settle now with +130.
2021/10/26 12:13:55
Trigger2142
> I am running Time Spy from my steam account in 64 bit mode and the test results page looks different than what I see posted here. Is there different Time Spy test? >Also I am running on a 34" monitor 3440x1440 and was wonder if this makes a difference with my Time Spy results?

Ok I see the Time Spy result page and I am now seeing the same results, But I am still wonder will you benchmark change with different monitor resolutions?  
2021/10/26 12:23:26
swiesma82
sethleigh
I've got a 3080ti FTW3 Ultra coming in tomorrow (got lucky in the Newegg Shuffle), so it's interesting to see what you guys are seeing with yours. As far as my approach, I do get into the OCing, but it's more about achieving what I can get and have be stable under all conditions indefinitely, not just what I can get a particular benchmark to report successfully once, but couldn't actually game or do productivity stuff with.

It's why my current benchmark scores aren't quite as high as the best scores I ever got. Those best scores of all time were with OC settings that subsequently ran into some trouble in some game, stress test, or otherwise, and I dialed things back a bit. The new, dialed back but stable under every condition I've yet encountered type settings are the ones I pay most attention to.

I'll probably do some low-level OCing of this new 3080ti on air just for entertainment, but won't do much serious OCing with it until the Optimus water block arrives and I swap it in. I'm quite confident that even at stock settings I'll be more than pleased with the FPS boost I see over what I'm getting now from the 1080ti (which I'm actually still fairly pleased with).

Speaking of which, I'm currently getting 50-80fps (depending on where I am and how many other players are nearby) in New World at 3440x1440 at High settings with my 1080ti and Ryzen 5900x. I'll be very curious how this range changes with the 3080ti. I'm also quite curious what bizarre power usage I'll see, since the whole "New World killing GPUs!" topic is still a thing. If it will peg the framerate at my monitor's 120hz refresh rate I'll be pleased. I'm fairly confident that it will under game conditions where I'm currently seeing 80+ fps, but since the conditions where I'm seeing 50+ fps (mostly in towns with lots of other players around) are probably more related to cpu and network latency, I'll be surprised if the fps scales as well despite the 3080ti upgrade. It goes without saying I'll be F5ing the package tracking link tomorrow, the anticipation building throughout the day. 

I also have a 5900x and had it first paired with a 1080ti. I run a 4K 48“ OLED.
The difference with the 3080ti is mindblowing. I would say double the performance in 4K at least. Sure. If you’re CPU limited the difference won’t be so huge.

But for my example:
In MSFS 2020 I had around 20-30 FPS with the 1080ti.
With the 3080ti I see around 60-70 in the same scenario.
2021/10/26 12:46:27
talon951
Trigger2142
> I am running Time Spy from my steam account in 64 bit mode and the test results page looks different than what I see posted here. Is there different Time Spy test? >Also I am running on a 34" monitor 3440x1440 and was wonder if this makes a difference with my Time Spy results?

Ok I see the Time Spy result page and I am now seeing the same results, But I am still wonder will you benchmark change with different monitor resolutions?  

That's normal. Probably the vid card scaling the image. I always set my resolution to match the benchmark resolution to get the best score.
2021/10/26 14:55:33
Trigger2142
How do you know what the benchmark resolution is?

2021/10/26 15:05:26
talon951
Resolution setting in the options screen should show the default.
2021/10/27 00:10:53
sethleigh
swiesma82
I also have a 5900x and had it first paired with a 1080ti. I run a 4K 48“ OLED.
The difference with the 3080ti is mindblowing. I would say double the performance in 4K at least. Sure. If you’re CPU limited the difference won’t be so huge.

But for my example:
In MSFS 2020 I had around 20-30 FPS with the 1080ti.
With the 3080ti I see around 60-70 in the same scenario.

The 3080ti arrived today. I removed the 1080ti from my cooling loop, reconnected the CPU directly to one of my radiators, and installed the 3080ti with its stock air cooler (until the Optimus water block arrives). I haven't attempted any overclocking at all, and I'm not sure if I will before the water block arrives. I may dabble in it, but I'm just not that interested until the card is underwater.

I ran some benchmarks, and played a couple of different games for a little while. One was New World. In towns where I was seeing ~50+ fps I'm now seeing over 80, and anywhere outside of town I'm seeing into the hundreds, with the highest I've seen so far being over 200fps while standing on a cliff overlooking a body of water.

I played Battlefield 5 for a little bit. I don't know what the actual FPS was because I'd gone into the NVidia control panel and set up a 117fps max framerate cap, with GSync and Vsync on. I just know that in BF5 the game was capped at 117fps 100% of the time. My monitor has a 120hz refresh rate, and I read somewhere that the best settings were GSync and Vsync on with framerate cap of -3 under the monitor refresh rate.

As a precaution I'm going to keep this 117fps framerate cap on while playing New World, and I may as well just leave it for all games.

So far I compared my 3DMark scores with many posted at the start of this thread. Since they're all overclocked GPUs and mine's running stock so far I'm naturally getting beaten by like 10% in the GPU scores, but my CPU is crushing them all. My 5900 is running a fairly aggressive PBO2/CO overclock and my RAM is overclocked at 3800MT/s CL14. For tests where the RAM speed factors in it's doing just great. When my 3080ti is under water and I push an OC I'm expecting to have some very good scores indeed.

Anyhow I'm pretty satisfied so far. In the games I'm actually playing recently I'm mostly going to max out my monitor's refresh, and even in towns in New World 80-90fps is hardly unplayable .
2021/10/28 01:00:44
03whitegsr
Been doing some initial testing on the 3080Ti FTW3 and so far, I haven't been able to beat my XC3 hybrid scores. Pretty disappointing.

It is drawing up to 450W, but it can't get anywhere near the F/V performance. Fans at 100%, temps are right around 70C. Stopped at +150 capped at 2040MHz in timespy, think it was around 0.98V and 450W for a Timespy graphics score of 20,700. Managed the same score on the XC3 using like +225 capped at 2040 and drawing 365W.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account