2021/06/08 19:26:48
Limeay
I only had issues with the d6 error 5 beeps. nothing else, i just wanted those issues fixed that's all. You sure you don't throttle with your z370 micro when pulling that much wattage? Users complain about that and they said fix was throttlestop, imo that's just a workaround because you have to open it everytime to run at startup. Dam lol. i wanna know what i can get this cpu at :) I'm worried if i don't have $ to spend, i'm pretty much going to fry a CPU quicker than i can make a paycheck for another one/a newer gen system. How long does a CPU last at that frequency?
2021/06/08 20:32:34
mouacyk
Fairly sure it's not throttling. CBR 20 score is 5444 with security mitigations on.

Don't really know how long this CPU will last, but I've had it at 5GHz 1.224v manual override for 2 years and now 5.2GHz at 1.304v for 3 months after I went direct die.  I use auto LLC with override voltage of 1.456v in BIOS, so it drops to 1.408v at idle and droops to 1.288v under maximum AVX load, 1.304v at max non-AVX load.  I hope it lasts until the next CPU upgrade ;)

My issue with this board is that the VRM sensor would disappear after a while and hot reboots would shut down and I'd have to reset the CMOS on cold boots to get it to start.  It's a faulty VRM controller sensor, but I can live with it for the great CPU and RAM overclock with such good VRM cooling, now that it's also out of warranty.
2021/06/08 22:57:52
Limeay
I'm lost about what do you mean about the vrm sensor. Its just to make sure the temps show up right.. this isn't a z370 micro wide spread issue but just yours only correct?

Exactly. Its a good mobo for the price but features in uefi are lackluster.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account