2021/03/29 10:38:52
Georgia Dawg
Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.
2021/03/29 10:45:58
enewt
Nobody (outside of EVGA) has any idea; unless you work at EVGA, you are flying blind.
2021/03/29 10:51:45
Georgia Dawg
enewt
Nobody (outside of EVGA) has any idea; unless you work at EVGA, you are flying blind.

Yes, hoping someone from EVGA will respond. Man, it's so crazy right now. 🙃
2021/03/29 10:52:52
aka_STEVE_b
A good guess though would be , not likely.  It is the lowest profitable card - so it makes sense for them to focus on making the biggest margin cards right now during pandemic issues still....
3090 1st , 3080 2nd,..etc...
2021/03/29 10:58:32
Georgia Dawg
aka_STEVE_b
A good guess though would be , not likely.  It is the lowest profitable card - so it makes sense for them to focus on making the biggest margin cards right now during pandemic issues still....
3090 1st , 380 2nd,..etc...

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Maybe things improve before too much longer, but I doubt it.
2021/03/29 11:09:30
Gotspeed_2000
I'm not an insider, but I would say that as long as the mining craze is still going on and people are having to work from home that the demand for GPUs will continue to exceed the supply for the year.  You can be optimistic and say later this year things could get better, but if demand keeps up, the amount produced will not be met and thus the shortages will continue.  Supply issues continue to be issues, water drought in Taiwan affecting TSMC, silicon shortages, demands for other products (PS5, Xbox, vehicles, etc) are already straining the limited production capabilities.  Chip making fabs are huge investments which take years to setup and get running.  From construction of the site to obtaining the equipment necessary to produce the chips all take time.  This is why that even though companies are dedicating large amounts of funding to upgrade their production capabilities it will still be some time before we see those new investments help the situation.  

I would sign up for every queue you can here, and then continue your search for a gpu outside as well.  The 3090 queue has started to gain some speed once it got through the initial bottleneck but it is still more than 5 months behind at this point.  One thing to keep in mind is that the amount of cards dedicated to the queue system can be changed by EVGA so the speed at which the queue moves can be either faster or slower based on obligations EVGA feels they need to meet or by their obligations.  I guess what I'm trying to share is that EVGA could be dedicating more cards to get through the log jam and then at a later time reduce the number of cards available once the list gets to back log point say like 3 months or so.  This is just my opinion, but there are people here who feel once they sign up for stuff that EVGA is obligated to provide them a card at a certain price.  By continuing your search for gpus outside of the queue system, you might get lucky and get a card before you would with the queue or if EVGA discontinues mass production of a card you wanted you wont get stuck like some in the "dead" card queues which haven't seen much movement if at all.  

My best advice for the queue is to sign up for every card you would want since you are not paying for them up front.  You can decline them when you spot comes up, but if you don't sign up you wont have a chance either.  
2021/03/29 11:22:11
Georgia Dawg
Gotspeed_2000
I'm not an insider, but I would say that as long as the mining craze is still going on and people are having to work from home that the demand for GPUs will continue to exceed the supply for the year.  You can be optimistic and say later this year things could get better, but if demand keeps up, the amount produced will not be met and thus the shortages will continue.  Supply issues continue to be issues, water drought in Taiwan affecting TSMC, silicon shortages, demands for other products (PS5, Xbox, vehicles, etc) are already straining the limited production capabilities.  Chip making fabs are huge investments which take years to setup and get running.  From construction of the site to obtaining the equipment necessary to produce the chips all take time.  This is why that even though companies are dedicating large amounts of funding to upgrade their production capabilities it will still be some time before we see those new investments help the situation.  

I would sign up for every queue you can here, and then continue your search for a gpu outside as well.  The 3090 queue has started to gain some speed once it got through the initial bottleneck but it is still more than 5 months behind at this point.  One thing to keep in mind is that the amount of cards dedicated to the queue system can be changed by EVGA so the speed at which the queue moves can be either faster or slower based on obligations EVGA feels they need to meet or by their obligations.  I guess what I'm trying to share is that EVGA could be dedicating more cards to get through the log jam and then at a later time reduce the number of cards available once the list gets to back log point say like 3 months or so.  This is just my opinion, but there are people here who feel once they sign up for stuff that EVGA is obligated to provide them a card at a certain price.  By continuing your search for gpus outside of the queue system, you might get lucky and get a card before you would with the queue or if EVGA discontinues mass production of a card you wanted you wont get stuck like some in the "dead" card queues which haven't seen much movement if at all.  

My best advice for the queue is to sign up for every card you would want since you are not paying for them up front.  You can decline them when you spot comes up, but if you don't sign up you wont have a chance either.  

I signed up to be notified of availability for the 2 GPUs I'm interested in. I'll also keep checking other sites for availability, but would prefer to purchase directly from EVGA, if possible.  

Thank all of you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it. 
2021/03/29 17:23:18
Holybull
Seems like most of the cards out there are the 3090, 3070, and 3060.

The 3080 and 3060ti are binned chips so we're not seeing many of those. I've heard that TSMCs quality has gone up and aren't many 3080s and 3060 TIs getting spit out of the 3090 and 3070 yields, which sounds like BS
2021/03/29 20:10:34
CUJO_1970
Well, this is all pretty depressing news
2021/09/07 08:19:53
Georgia Dawg
I posted this thread back in March, and still haven't gotten my hands on a 3060 Ti. Are things still looking bad on availability, or can we expect improved stock any time soon? I've held off on doing a new build all because I can't get all the parts I want. Even saw some great deals on other components come and go. Not wanting to purchase anything and be stuck without a GPU. If I have to wait, I will do so on the rest of the components. 

Hoping things improve soon. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account