2021/03/29 18:14:22
EVGA_Lee
Perhaps you all might have read too far into Jacob's statement.  Jacob's statement referred to publicly posting lists of memory from the memory kits that were tested during development.

There are always dozens to hundreds of kits of memory that our engineering team will never be able to test (or may have available) during the life cycle of a product.  However, it is the very rare case that a kit of memory that falls within the listed specs of the motherboard will turn out to be unsupported at its rated speed. Either way, traditionally, we only post the kits of memory that pass testing and there are rarely any that fail (usually because of a bad stick).  Because of this, however, we get many calls and emails from people asking if a certain unlisted kit of memory will work on the motherboard, and the answer is that we expect it will work so long as it falls within the rated specs.

Our MB team will still do their due diligence to test memory throughout the engineering and qualification phases of a motherboard's design phase and it would be ludicrous to stop doing this.  It seems some of you think this is what Jacob meant.  We will still have an internal list of memory that were tested, along with the pass/fail data.  Going forward, instead of listing an incomplete and partial list of memory kits tested that will work on the motherboard, it will be far more efficient to list memory kits that are deemed to be incompatible with our motherboard.
2021/03/29 19:31:14
B0baganoosh
Thanks, Lee. That's pretty much exactly what I read from that.
2021/10/02 09:09:59
bk1887
Just wondering where the lists of ''deemed incompatible RAM" are. I'm unable to locate them.

I have come across people who have bought RAM not on the QVL that have had to run the RAM at JEDEC settings because they get things like blue screens when trying to run an XMP profile. And these are kits that are well inside spec on these boards. Note examples I have readily available are ASUS boards, I don't know of anything with EVGA boards though I would like to know what EVGA believes it does differently than other board manufacturers to ensure that virtually any kit inside spec will be compatible. Also what if the user community finds a kit that does not run stable with an XMP profile and must run at JEDEC settings? Do we contact support and let them know so it can be addressed in the next BIOS update?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate if someone from EVGA can respond to this. This is the single factor that is making me nervous about purchasing an EVGA board. If I know that EVGA has a good system in place for addressing memory incompatibility issues for kits that run well inside MB spec without any oddball's around the particular kit like Voltage out of spec with DDR4/5 (i.e. increased voltage on some kits to hit high frequencies) that would allay my concerns.

As a system builder I've always bought from the QVL and have never had a problem following this approach, I also recommend this approach to any new system builder. I don't feel that EVGA's messaging has adequately addressed the gap that having no QVL leaves. Ideally would also like to see this messaging made clear to consumers on the site.
2021/10/04 15:38:18
rblaes_99
bk1887
Just wondering where the lists of ''deemed incompatible RAM" are. I'm unable to locate them.

I have come across people who have bought RAM not on the QVL that have had to run the RAM at JEDEC settings because they get things like blue screens when trying to run an XMP profile. And these are kits that are well inside spec on these boards. Note examples I have readily available are ASUS boards, I don't know of anything with EVGA boards though I would like to know what EVGA believes it does differently than other board manufacturers to ensure that virtually any kit inside spec will be compatible. Also what if the user community finds a kit that does not run stable with an XMP profile and must run at JEDEC settings? Do we contact support and let them know so it can be addressed in the next BIOS update?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate if someone from EVGA can respond to this. This is the single factor that is making me nervous about purchasing an EVGA board. If I know that EVGA has a good system in place for addressing memory incompatibility issues for kits that run well inside MB spec without any oddball's around the particular kit like Voltage out of spec with DDR4/5 (i.e. increased voltage on some kits to hit high frequencies) that would allay my concerns.

As a system builder I've always bought from the QVL and have never had a problem following this approach, I also recommend this approach to any new system builder. I don't feel that EVGA's messaging has adequately addressed the gap that having no QVL leaves. Ideally would also like to see this messaging made clear to consumers on the site.

I think you are missing what the actual issue is.....   and the reason the QVLs by Mobo are getting scarce.....

The RAM results are based on the CPU IMC as much as the motherboard, and EVGA (or anyone else) can't guarantee anything.  This whole gear business is wild as well.  Nereus, Bobagannosh, and I all tested the SAME RAM kit on different EVGA 590 FTWs/Darks with different results....  We also have different 11900ks.....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account