2021/02/17 05:59:27
imamfnprincess
I've got a very complicated issue with my computer, and am hoping one of you fine peeps might have some suggestions. 

This PC is for streaming on Twitch and playing the games being streamed on Twitch. 

I built it myself

It ran flawlessly for 4 months (It is 5 months old, I've been trying to fix this for nearly a month)

CPU: Intel Core i9 i9-9900K Octa-core (8 Core) 3.60GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra,RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) X4= 64gbMobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-FPSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 850W 80+ GoldM.2 -  NEW DRIVE: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 250GB - M.2 SATA M.2 - Old drive: Intel 660p 1TB m.2 2280 PCIeHDD- Old drive: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD

I have replaced:PSU - Previous was GAMEMAX Power Supply 850WGPU - Same kindMOBO - Same kindHarddrive (shown above)

When I say “Crash”, this is what I mean: 

Both monitors shut off (turn black) for 2-3 seconds. When they come back on whatever game I was playing has either closed or become unresponsive. If I am streaming with Streamlabs OBS it will close, or just end the stream. Only sometimes will receive an error message from the games closing or becoming unresponsive.

Sometimes when the above happens, I receive a popup from discord asking me if I want to change my “Nvidia high definition” output device. The correct setting is “speakers (realtek- 2 audio”

Only games and Streamlabs OBS (Streaming software) crash *Discord, Spotify, Snaz, AudioRouter never crash. Opera GX has never closed or become unresponsive but has had a couple of times where the actual page looked like it was smeared across the screen in the current tab. The tab would be unresponsive and would just have to close it by hitting the X. Other tabs are just fine*2/15 the system did crash with no games open, only Discord and Opera GX. When the screens came back on, Opera had gone into full screen mode… I’ve never even seen this mode before.

**The problem started with a discord & phasmophobia (stream game) issue. 
    When i would load in and out of a game session my discord audio input & output settings would stop transmitting or receiving audio. In the discord “audio/video settings” I would have to deselect the correct settings then reselect the correct settings to hear or be heard again. Streamlabs OBS would end the stream session or just close.

Games that crash: (also the only games I have installed)
    PhasmophobiaDead by DaylightStream RaidersFacerigMarbles on StreamIntro fightersWarframe

The 1st things I did:Reinstall the games, Discord, OBSNone of this worked so I reinstalled windows, saving my files. After doing this 2x the discord **audio issues was fixed, but the crashing intensified. I reinstalled drivers, “clean” install and DDU.

I decided to just take it to a repair shop. This person said that he tested all hardware, did a complete fresh install of windows, erasing both of my hard drives and all settings. He claimed it was “fixed”, but as soon as I reinstalled my games it crashed in the same way. When I told him that it wasn't fixed, he said “bring it back and I’ll test everything”. He had already said that he’d done that so I had zero confidence that he could actually repair it. 

After getting it back I removed my GPU and used the onboard graphics. The games or OBS no longer crashed. Granted, I couldn't play much because it was just onboard graphics. 

Precision X1: after the reinstall of windows, I downloaded this as its for the GPU. Everytime it opened it, the screens would shut off. When I’d close the app it would crash the apps as described above. I reinstalled it, the same thing happened so I uninstalled it, and don’t intend to try it again.

So I contacted EVGA support, told them what had been happening and they issued an RMA. The replacement GPU did not correct this issue.

At the same time I installed the new GPU I replaced the PSU as many had told me that mine was garbage. 

After the GPU didn’t fix it I decided to try replacing the mobo and add a new SSD to install windows on. This did not fix the issue. 

Things I have tried (these were suggested by friends with lots of pc knowledge and also seen on many forums)

2/15: TdrLevel set to “0”, didn’t fix it. However, when it did crash, the entire PC went unresponsive and had to be restarted by holding the power button, then once it was off, pressing the power button to get it to come back on.

2/15: TdrLevel set to “3”. Did not fix it, but didn’t not make the entire system unresponsive. I changed it back to 0

My CPU & GPU have not been excessively hot. After the guy “repaired” it, the CPU was hotter. He said I had not tightened the screws enough so he tightened them. After installing the new mobo it went back to its normal temps of 20-50c. 

I changed the GPU to “under clock” to -200  as someone on a forum had suggested

Turned off everything to do with the microsoft game bar.

I've verified that I had DirectX 12 installed

Updated/installed Unreal engine

Adjusted setting in the NVIDIA control panel (not sure what at this point but those settings have since been erased)

Uninstalled Notron antivirus - reinstalled after the crashing continued.

Removed all usb devices with the exception of my mouse and keyboard

Disabled Gsync, set monitor to 60hz down from 144, had already had it set to 1920x1080 as suggested by evga

Did the “Windows memory diagnostics” and it found no errors

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. 

Attached Image(s)

2021/02/17 06:00:34
imamfnprincess
well I'd love to post my error images (there are many) but this will not post my link to the google doc that shows all the screenshots.   lets try this... tinyurl.com/myerrors

2021/02/17 08:11:27
usbarlow@hotmail.com

Have you tried disabling which ever Sound device you are not using in the (Device Manager)?
2021/02/17 08:46:51
imamfnprincess
usbarlow@hotmail.com

Have you tried disabling which ever Sound device you are not using in the (Device Manager)?

No, but I've done it now. I'll test it now--- it still crashed

Attached Image(s)

2021/02/17 15:18:39
usbarlow@hotmail.com
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2570942216297783034/
this is from the steam community.

Go to your DeadbyDaylight folder in steam > Delete Binaries folder > Delete EAC folder > Verify Game Cache to redownload the files > Restart PC.
2021/02/17 15:24:25
usbarlow@hotmail.com
Also don't use windows update drivers if it did get the ones from the ASUS website.
Your MB has the latest bios, chipset and audio drivers?
2021/02/17 16:31:46
Sajin
Clearly a gpu issue. Time to test your gpu in another rig.
2021/04/13 09:58:44
Sharpi710
He clearly stated he RMAd the original gpu and got a new one which didn't fix the issue.

OP I have been dealing with literally the exact same issue. If there is any way to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I've put $5k into my PC only for this issue to persist.
2021/04/13 17:50:24
imamfnprincess
So this is how I got it fixed... i borrowed someone’s 980 gpu and it ran flawlessly, aside from not being powerful enough So I decided to buy a different brand and a different series do I bought an asus 3070

That alone does not fix my issue but it was much better. One of my IT friends did some work on my computer through team viewer and got it working perfectly. What he did was he changed permissions for several things. I will see if I can get him to write it out. I watched him do it but I didn’t understand anything that he was doing.

Since he got my 3070 to work, I decided to try my 2070 again, and let him change the permissions for it to see if it worked. It did not work! So I put the 3070 back in.

In total I spent just over $2400 to get my problem fixed. My original build of my computer which was about six months ago now, was the same price. So now I have $4800 in my computer, which is ridiculous but I need it to work so I had to bite the bullet.

I would suggest looking up the issue on Google with adding the word permissions to your search. I will see if I can get my friend to tell me what he did

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account