2021/03/10 19:11:56
kikkoman123
ComputersAre8ad
How thick is the water block from slot down? My Alphacool block is a fatty and I'm trying to see if I can shave down a few mm so better airflow in my SFF case

does this help? 

2021/03/11 00:43:34
Lord Winchester
kikkoman123
ComputersAre8ad
How thick is the water block from slot down? My Alphacool block is a fatty and I'm trying to see if I can shave down a few mm so better airflow in my SFF case

does this help? 

Oh heck! 

I totally forgot, that technical specs are a thing😂.

The mounting instructions where so useless, that I ignored everything else from the website😅
2021/03/12 05:45:46
micfogas
I ordered my Bykski block for the 3080 ftw3 ultra, from a seller on amazon. I talked with him a bit. I paid for expedited and it got to me from china in ... 3 days? Took him a couple days to ship. But I ended up getting my block well before my card, which is actually arriving today.

I didn't go for the backplate, but now I'm kinda thinking I should have. I'm vertical mounting it tho, in my view 51. I got a new PCIe 4.0 16x capable riser ribbon, since the one I've got now is the cheap thermaltake one (not the premium). I've had a new psu all week, to put in. I've been slacking and still haven't. I got sleeved white cables (I have the view 51 Snow) for my 24pin, both eps, and all 3 PCIe.

I'm also tempted to get the addon display module for the Bykski, just because it looks neat. Displays temp I think. Haven't found the back plate for sale by itself but I might talk to that guy from Amazon and see if I can get one.

I've got a lot of work to do today on my system .. 🙂
2021/03/12 06:50:44
Lord Winchester
micfogas
I ordered my Bykski block for the 3080 ftw3 ultra, from a seller on amazon. I talked with him a bit. I paid for expedited and it got to me from china in ... 3 days? Took him a couple days to ship. But I ended up getting my block well before my card, which is actually arriving today.

I didn't go for the backplate, but now I'm kinda thinking I should have. I'm vertical mounting it tho, in my view 51. I got a new PCIe 4.0 16x capable riser ribbon, since the one I've got now is the cheap thermaltake one (not the premium). I've had a new psu all week, to put in. I've been slacking and still haven't. I got sleeved white cables (I have the view 51 Snow) for my 24pin, both eps, and all 3 PCIe.

I'm also tempted to get the addon display module for the Bykski, just because it looks neat. Displays temp I think. Haven't found the back plate for sale by itself but I might talk to that guy from Amazon and see if I can get one.

I've got a lot of work to do today on my system .. 🙂

As far as i know, they always come with Backplate. Are you sure you don´t have one?

2021/03/12 14:21:58
micfogas
Lord Winchester

As far as i know, they always come with Backplate. Are you sure you don´t have one?

100% positive. They had it for sale with and without. I figured since I'm vert mounting, it's not necessary. And it's not. I'm not worried about the temps. my loop should keep it well within comfort levels. But the asthetic. 🙂 I can order the back plate separate. I seem to have an issue with back plates...
2021/03/12 14:50:10
rangerscott
Is there anything in the back side of a 3080 that gets hot like that 3090's?
2021/03/12 14:57:07
Lord Winchester
micfogas
I seem to have an issue with back plates...

Then you´re going to hate this Backplate :-D.

I mean, it´s more or less straight forward, but i mounted and unmounted it about 15times changing Thermal Pad Configurations before i was happy (or maybe fed up) with the Backplate allignment and how the Cooler sits.

Just be very very carefull when removing the stock Aircooler. There is not much room to wiggle and twist, before you collide the aircooler wit some Capacitors.

2021/03/12 15:00:16
Lord Winchester
rangerscott
Is there anything in the back side of a 3080 that gets hot like that 3090's?

Not really. But you can passively take some heat away from behind GPU Die
2021/03/12 16:22:32
micfogas
Lord Winchester
micfogas
I seem to have an issue with back plates...

Then you´re going to hate this Backplate :-D.

I mean, it´s more or less straight forward, but i mounted and unmounted it about 15times changing Thermal Pad Configurations before i was happy (or maybe fed up) with the Backplate allignment and how the Cooler sits.

Just be very very carefull when removing the stock Aircooler. There is not much room to wiggle and twist, before you collide the aircooler wit some Capacitors.

My issue is more... Umm.. losing them. 😂 Almost cost me my step up. Thankfully I found it. Ups should be here within the hour. And I haven't even pulled my old PSU out yet. I better get moving on it.
2021/03/12 16:24:11
micfogas
How picky is this block with pad thickness/position? I mean obviously they have to line up, but anyone have an issue with the cold plate not making good enough contact with the die?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account