2021/02/11 05:44:30
_2100_
Hoggle
These look amazing. I really like that the X20 can be wireless, wired and Bluetooth. My only question is the wired transfers the signal over the cable or is it just for recharging the mouse while it’s still sending data wirelessly? I had a Logitech a few years ago that the cable just was for charging the mouse.

The article page doesn't make it explicitly clear, stating "or USB connection while charging."  My assumption is that it would still be functional while using the cord with them hyping up the 3 modes of connection.  If the cord does not allow use while plugged in that wouldn't really be a connection.

I'm currently using a Roccat Kain wireless and the mouse is fully useable when connected via wire.  I would be astonished if EVGA's does not function when connected via wire.  That would be like releasing 10 year old tech really.
2021/02/11 06:05:30
z999z3mystorys
the video here mentions 3 modes of connection, 2.4ghz wireless, bluetooth, and wired (at around 0:48)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJiDK-K4og
2021/02/11 06:37:28
B0baganoosh
_2100_
Hoggle
These look amazing. I really like that the X20 can be wireless, wired and Bluetooth. My only question is the wired transfers the signal over the cable or is it just for recharging the mouse while it’s still sending data wirelessly? I had a Logitech a few years ago that the cable just was for charging the mouse.

The article page doesn't make it explicitly clear, stating "or USB connection while charging."  My assumption is that it would still be functional while using the cord with them hyping up the 3 modes of connection.  If the cord does not allow use while plugged in that wouldn't really be a connection.

I'm currently using a Roccat Kain wireless and the mouse is fully useable when connected via wire.  I would be astonished if EVGA's does not function when connected via wire.  That would be like releasing 10 year old tech really.

I think they were asking if the communication was transferred over the cable while plugged in or if the mouse operation was still connected through wireless means while the cable was plugged in. I do not believe the concern was whether the mouse was still functional during charging. Basically, reworded: "while plugged in to charge, is the mouse communicating to the computer via USB or does it still use one of the wireless methods to communicate?"
2021/02/11 10:50:54
skyline090
I am also a g502 user. I'll give the x17 a try. I like the placement of the DPI switch button. Wish it had a braided cord though. My g502 developed a weird problem with the scroll wheel where it will also scroll down and across when browsing or using excel, which is really annoying.
2021/02/11 14:00:28
Noodle 1
Does the X20 keep a consistent 1000Hz polling rate? From my understanding, Logitech's Lightspeed mice alternate between 1000Hz and 500Hz. Will the X20 do something similar?
2021/02/11 17:01:51
notfordman
All the new mice are nice......except for left handed people. The X10 was nice because it was Ambidextrous. Why have we been left out? I would like to try one, but it won't work for me. Pretty disappointing.  Please reconsider on your next attempt. 
2021/02/11 19:16:32
Noodle 1
I've found ambidextrous mice to be very uncomfortable to use so I'm personally happy that EVGA has decided to go right-handed on these. 
2021/02/11 21:25:03
StiffMyWiff
Would really appreciate any more info on when the X15 will be released! Can't wait to try it out the layout on it looks perfect.
2021/02/12 03:34:55
Dmglenn
Wow cant wait for release i like razr but these look like a good alternative
2021/02/12 05:23:52
Hoggle
Hopefully we see the X-10 stick around to give people an option for left and right hand use. The new mice look great but the X-10 did have the nice ambidextrous design.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account