2022/09/21 15:14:28
ty_ger07
HeavyHemi
redteamgo
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

They said "EVGA admits that the failure of  ***some*** of its products was due to a "rare soldering issue,""

You do understand that "some" means "not all"?

It's not the cause for *all failures*, only *some* of them.

Meaning it's not a myth.

You could paraphrase it as "Some, but not all failures are due to a rare soldering issue."

It's almost like you decided on something without paying attention to the actual facts...
do you understand that a company’s marketing statement on a product’s failure is not necessarily a fact?

The same follows for statements claimed by forum members as well... generally used in conjunction with the word 'every' meaning all was one thing or the other.

Have you seen a single post on this forum where someone asked why their 3090 FTW3 failed with the red light problem and an EVGA employee responded with something other than "a rare soldering defect"? EVGA doesn't often respond, but when they do, that is the only response. EVERY time, either in this forum directly, or in the response posted by the user. Provide proof otherwise. ;)
Even EVGA's press release implies that every New World failure was caused by the supposed rare soldering defect. lol
It seems that EVGA upgraded to the Rev 1.0 out of the kindness of its heart, when all it needed to do was fix that illusive undisclosed "rare" soldering defect that may affect any "early" (Rev 0.1) card. lol. Which small batch of cards was it EVGA? Oh, any of the Rev 0.1 cards. They don't know. They can't tell. It's undetectable until it happens. And then you never see it then either, because it is vaporized. lol
It's a real head scratcher! lol
2022/09/21 15:41:39
HeavyHemi
ty_ger07
HeavyHemi
redteamgo
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

They said "EVGA admits that the failure of  ***some*** of its products was due to a "rare soldering issue,""

Meaning it's not a myth.

You could paraphrase it as "Some, but not all failures are due to a rare soldering issue."

It's almost like you decided on something without paying attention to the actual facts...
do you understand that a company’s marketing statement on a product’s failure is not necessarily a fact?

The same follows for statements claimed by forum members as well... generally used in conjunction with the word 'every' meaning all was one thing or the other.

Have you seen... snip

Just bored with the angry noise.
2022/09/21 16:09:54
rjbarker
HeavyHemi
ty_ger07
HeavyHemi
redteamgo
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

Meaning it's not a myth.

Have you seen... snip

Certainly can't deny that their was / is an issue with power delivery (components/soldering whatever the heck it was / is) to cause soooo many "Red Light District Deaths" of this last series of Cards, in particular FTW line-up.
Many were not immune to this (myself included).......so far my replacement 3080Ti is still going strong, fingers crossed I dont flash up one day to that memorable sound of "pooof" as before!
2022/09/21 16:37:37
HeavyHemi
rjbarker
HeavyHemi
ty_ger07
HeavyHemi
redteamgo
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

Meaning it's not a myth.

Have you seen... snip

Certainly can't deny that their was / is an issue with power delivery (components/soldering whatever the heck it was / is) to cause soooo many "Red Light District Deaths" of this last series of Cards, in particular FTW line-up.
Many were not immune to this (myself included).......so far my replacement 3080Ti is still going strong, fingers crossed I dont flash up one day to that memorable sound of "pooof" as before!

Not denying that. Just bored with it and the tone it brings. I wasn't aware the 3080Ti had the same issue as the 3090.  Which is another thing that's happened, conflation.
2022/09/21 16:49:08
rjbarker
HeavyHemi
rjbarker
HeavyHemi
ty_ger07
HeavyHemi
redteamgo
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

Meaning it's not a myth.

Have you seen... snip

Not denying that. Just bored with it and the tone it brings. I wasn't aware the 3080Ti had the same issue as the 3090.  Which is another thing that's happened, conflation.

Yeah I get it....been done w conversation for quite awhile myself.

2022/09/22 18:43:34
Intoxicus
ty_ger07
Intoxicus
Omg, how dense are you.

Meaning it's not a myth.

Cool. And the others weren't soldering faults. So we agree.
When you ask EVGA why every card failed, they say it was a rare soldering fault. Therefore, they are telling you a myth. Either it is a rare soldering fault, or it is a common something else fault. If every one is a "rare" soldering fault, then it is obviously a myth.

So you're making fecal matter up and passing it as "fact?"

Sounds like you're the mythological one here...
2022/09/22 18:47:16
ty_ger07
I am mythological. How was I so right about this 2 years ago?
2022/09/22 19:06:53
badboy64
I think this thread should just die and quit arguing a thread that over a year and half old. Don't you 2 have something else better to do?
2022/09/22 19:38:01
arestavo
For what it's worth, with 3090 FTW3 0.1 revision cards PCIE slot power draw was often over 75W as read by GPU-Z (it should read a max of ~67W since it can only read 12V and not 3.3V which would add about 8W more). I had two, and one was over 90W power draw (12V+3.3V) when the PCIE slot power spec is 75, and the other one was about 79W.

This isn't the case with the revision 1.0 cards, as EVGA replaced a voltage controller with a better model. My third RMA was a revision 1.0 card, and it sticks right at 67W _max_ for the PCIE slot power draw as read by GPU-Z (as ALL PCIE cards should read at most)

I'm not saying that this was the only issue, or even the OPs problem, but it was definitely an issue that may have had a hand in EVGA getting those revision 1.0 cards out that replaced the analog voltage controller with a digital one.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account