• MODS RIGS
  • PC is finally finished, starting off as a built to order during the shortage. (p.22)
2022/04/25 13:16:37
BiggyNewton
donta1979
BiggyNewton
donta1979
Sleinous
Fantastic build, love it!!

TY much just have one more thing left I want to do, to handle the CPU lid bowing issue. none here or anywhere could not direct me where to get the exact washers I needed that are the correct size as they are labeled. A ton of the washers out that that are the 1mm m4 washers or whatever are not really the size they say they are and a little off... So get to wait for this to come to the USA....

Just get the 1mm washers and see for yourself if it affects performance.  I highly doubt the 1mm being slightly off will change anything.

It does according to the guy who found out about it and published it. To get my cpu back to its max potential cooling I had I will need the washers to be exact if you do not want your lid bowed at all, or I can just spend 7 bucks when this comes available and call it a day. Plus I do not want to buy a tool I will use once when measuring a bunch of washers. From what I have read people have had to toss out a lot of washers or return the ones they could because they were not exactly the right size they were advertised as.

Yeah I don't believe it sorry.  Reminds me of the washer mod for the Radeon VII, was mostly just BS and worked for people who just had ****ty thermal compound applications from the factory.
2022/04/26 09:40:10
donta1979
BiggyNewton

Yeah I don't believe it sorry.  Reminds me of the washer mod for the Radeon VII, was mostly just BS and worked for people who just had ****ty thermal compound applications from the factory.

Just google it, countless pictures of the lid bowing due to something with some motherboards LGA cpu mount. Also a very long detailed post showing what happens with different sized washers. To the stuff I explained where people found out the washers are not the exact size. I have been building PC's and an enthusiast for over 30 years, I very much do know how to apply tim and put on a cooler, I have IC Diamond 24, MX4, KPX, an kryonaut. Also taking a flat metal ruler to my CPU I can see the slight bow. So its not bs. 
Alder Lake’s cooling problem straightened out by 5 degrees! - Simple ILM-Mod for Intel’s LGA-1700 socket | Practice | igor'sLAB (igorslab.de)
Intel Socket LGA-1700 “washer mod” part 2 - motherboards, ILM manufacturers and coolers in a before/after comparison | Practice | igor'sLAB (igorslab.de)
Igor LGA 1700 lid bowing washer mod - Google Search

Does not matter if you do not believe it, it is a thing if you like it or not. A thing that should not even be happening...
The root cause is normally due to these highlighted parts forcing too much pressure, you can try to fix it that way, use washers, or get the solution I am after for 7-8 bucks once its available that made by Thermalright. Imagine the motherboard makers with the issue have fixed it already, at least I would hope. Yet if you have an earlier board before it was caught, then welcome to the 12th gen cpu bow club. By the looks of it there is the washer mod now, a 3d printed one, a thermalright product, and now a thermal grizzly.

Are you bending your alder-lake? | [H]ard|Forum (hardforum.com)
Der8auer's 12th Gen CPU Contact Frame Revealed, Tested | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

2022/05/24 12:30:56
donta1979
Well it's in took about 2-3 weeks to get here, and have been watching my temps already dropped 5-10c+ depending on load or idle. The longer the bracket seems to be on temps start to get lower and lower as the correction frame is helping to slowly unbow my cpu lid.
Nice to see 21-25c idle temps again, with 52-68c load temps imagine the longer this is on I will eventually be back to 45-60c ish load temps as the lid fully unbows. 

Not seeing 80-90c load temps anymore, office is a lot cooler so huge plus. This should not even have to exist.

2022/05/26 22:05:07
donta1979
This is after 48hrs, I have never seen the 30's celcius range in CP 2077, even when I first put my cpu in then installing the AIO the first time. The 40's was as far as it would go, even with DLSS Performance, now DLSS Quality maxed settings was not expecting this, happens pretty consistently along the cores while gaming now. When my bow got the worst I saw idles in the 50c range, with 80-90c in gaming once it got really bad... So am pretty blown away again now.
2022/06/06 09:04:51
atfrico
The temps is associated with the clean power coming from the PSU and cooling of course. Its day and night difference. Im glad you were able to get a better high wattage PSU.
2022/06/06 17:40:41
donta1979
atfrico
The temps is associated with the clean power coming from the PSU and cooling of course. Its day and night difference. Im glad you were able to get a better high wattage PSU.

I have been on this 1200w psu for some time now. The issue was my CPU lid bowing not having clean power. The solution was the lid correction bracket.

Lid starting to bow to affect voltage and temps drastically in February to the end of May only getting worse with time.

End of may Day 3 of the correction bracket being installed voltages back down, temps way down as it is slowly correcting the lid bow.
12hrs of being on, 6 hours of gaming GW2, CP 2077, quick Prime95 run, and 3x runs of 3DMark Timespy.

2022/06/19 19:52:14
donta1979
Think my temps this is as good as its going to get with the lid correction bracket with an AIO with all my glass panels on.

2022/06/22 00:39:40
rjohnson11
Temps look good to me. 
2022/06/23 22:34:24
donta1979
rjohnson11
Temps look good to me. 

Yeah now they do, the 90-110c+ I was seeing at 1.5-1.7v vcore was not along with my temp sensors cutting out. Temps are really good for an AIO though, but I have the best AIO you can get from a cooling and engineering/design standpoint. This is probably as good as they are going to get after the 4 months of the lid bowing badly. Unless I get lucky as more time goes by.
2022/06/24 01:29:47
Sleinous
Beautiful work, +1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account