2021/07/07 17:26:02
lophilip
This has been posted on another message, so this is repeat:

For EVGA 3090 FTW:
Do not use thermal pads, they do not perform as well as the stock thermal putty that EVGA uses. I tried various thermal pads (over $100 worth) and I could not get better memory junction temperatures then stock. You must use thermal putty.

This is what I used TG-PP10-50 (if you are American, use digikey.com web site to buy. I used digikey.ca to buy):

It's expensive, but it works way better then thermal pads. You will need lots, it took 20g just to do the backplate. If you're redoing the entire card order 50g (maybe even 100g).

For the GPU use a good thermal paste, like noctula.

Edit:
for some reason I can't post a URL link to digikey. I will post picture.

Attached Image(s)

2021/07/07 17:28:29
lophilip
picture of my order

Attached Image(s)

2021/07/09 02:45:22
ordimans
lophilip
This has been posted on another message, so this is repeat:

For EVGA 3090 FTW:
Do not use thermal pads, they do not perform as well as the stock thermal putty that EVGA uses. I tried various thermal pads (over $100 worth) and I could not get better memory junction temperatures then stock. You must use thermal putty.

This is what I used TG-PP10-50 (if you are American, use digikey.com web site to buy. I used digikey.ca to buy):

It's expensive, but it works way better then thermal pads. You will need lots, it took 20g just to do the backplate. If you're redoing the entire card order 50g (maybe even 100g).

For the GPU use a good thermal paste, like noctula.

Edit:
for some reason I can't post a URL link to digikey. I will post picture.

Hum interesting.
Did you try Gelid Extreme too ? Some said it is ok, because smooth.
What is your temperature for memory junction now ?

So if i understood, the thermal paste use by EVGA in factory is better than others pad ?

2021/07/09 02:55:41
lophilip
ordimans

So if i understood, the thermal paste use by EVGA in factory is better than others pad ?

Thermal paste is not the same as thermal putty or thermal pads. Thermal paste is used when the heat sink sit directly on the chip (GPU). Thermal putty or pads fills in gaps (1mm to 3mm) between the chips and heat sink (VRAM, MOSFETS).
I have gotten better performance using thermal putty then thermal pads.
2021/07/09 02:57:44
ordimans
OK
It seems digikey sell in europe too.
Do you take photo ?
2021/07/09 03:04:42
lophilip
I did not take photos.

If you did not take off the heat sinks and scrap off the stock thermal gel, I would leave everything as is. The card as it is from the factory has fairly good thermal compound and thermal putty.
2021/07/09 04:05:25
ordimans
I replaced all of them by gelid, and i come back to 110 
2021/07/09 09:18:33
Jstandaert
lophilip
picture of my order

I got this product- Loplilip may have even been talking about my post. (if you use it make SURE YOUR HANDS AND ANYTHING TOUCHING IT ARE CLEAN) I have a 3080 ftw hybrid (DIY kit that I used all stock paste and pads on GPU side provided by EVGA) 3070ti and 3090 ftw

over the weekend I pulled off the back plate of my 3080 and 3070ti. the 70ti only has a 2 places with stock thermal putty. I removed it and slapped on the putty in the image. my temps did go down a few c's (GPU side is untouched and will remain so unless EVGA makes a hybrid)

for the 3080 hybrid there is a lot more real estate. this putty is great. its very soft (and sticky) I dabbed on each connecter and chip face on backplate side (nothing on GPU die as its open air and I don't want to cover it) I treated the putty like paste. dots that will compress with the placement of the backplate and "compress and squish for contact". temps dropped a few more C's than the 70ti and I believe that comes from the active AIO on the other side. I will be attaching heat sink fins with thermal tape today after the tape arrives. I strongly believe the goal is to wick away the heat on the backplate to have any hope of lowering the mem temps. I have some 350CFM fans that sound like jet engines when going full speed (5500RPM) and those do well to wick heat off the plate. I feel as though adding the fins and tape with the direct fans will have good effect. my door bell just rang, I will report back after I attach and note temps. 

*I will not have pre mod temps as mine were close to what others reported for both mining and gaming.*
2021/07/09 21:30:36
lophilip
ordimans
I replaced all of them by gelid, and i come back to 110 

Glid extreme is a thermal paste, and will not work for the mosfets and vram (because it won't fill in the gasp). You need to get the thermal putty.

The GPU die will work perfectly fine with glid.
2021/07/09 21:33:41
hengunl25
Can someone give the correct thickness for 3080ti xc3 pls?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account