2021/01/20 03:52:55
RKR21566
Hi,
yesterday i was playing League of Legends (my 3090 only at 30% usage). Suddenly my monitor goes sleep. I've tried to restart my PC and.....

Red LED in the middle power connector..... No way to boot my PC again....
I'm hopeless because it's my only VGA and I can't even run my PC (I have no integrated VGA).
I've just tried to call EVGA support with no answer... Let's try with a support ticket.... 

[20/01/2021 00:40] - 3090 deads
[20/01/2021 01:50] - New ticket opened to EVGA
[22/01/2021 11:30] - Finally I get the phone line to EVGA EU
[22/01/2021 11:40] - Ticket has been approved
[22/01/2021 11:50] - Opened a RMA request
[25/01/2021 15:20] - RMA request accepted
[26/01/2021 18:10] - VGA shipped to EVGA Germany
[28/01/2021 14:15] - VGA delivered to EVGA Germany
[01/02/2021 20:00] - New VGA shipped by EVGA Germany
[03/02/2021 13:30] - New VGA delivered
2021/01/20 04:11:36
ComicBookAssassin
No it’s gone to the place in the sky, try disconnecting it remove the card for an hour and retry but Red light of death normally means that mate
2021/01/20 04:15:11
RKR21566
ComicBookAssassin
No it’s gone to the place in the sky, try disconnecting it remove the card for an hour and retry but Red light of death normally means that mate

already done,
Disconnected the whole night... Tried to swap PCIex Power Connector.... No way... totally dead!
2021/01/20 04:31:21
ComicBookAssassin
RKR21566
ComicBookAssassin

already done,
Disconnected the whole night... Tried to swap PCIex Power Connector.... No way... totally dead!

shouldn‘t be a problem with that power supply, how long you had it was it overclocked? My first one died that wasn’t overclocked just BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) this one still on y Evga 850 platinum is now overclocked, managed to get a black lip version and its doing it. RMA that sucker now don’t wait Samurai! 😂 
2021/01/20 04:37:31
Dabadger84
Yeah it's deadski.  You should be able to get ahold of CS via phone during regular business hours (9A-5P Pacific time), right now they won't pick up.
If you haven't already, register the card, then you can start the RMA process online.  If you speak to Customer Service & let them know you've encountered the red light of death, they should get you setup with an RMA pretty quickly.  I highly recommend signing up for Advanced RMA if you're okay with putting down the money required - it makes it so that they will cross ship you a replacement card right away, instead of you having to wait for them to receive your card to ship out a new one.  They also ship a return label for your broken card with the new one, at least they did last time I used Advanced RMA for something.
Good luck, hopefully you next card has no issues.
2021/01/20 04:40:45
RickJamesBish
That sucks. How long have you had it?
Be sure to go add your info to the poll https://www.easypolls.net...ef66fae4b01140b9f9833b
2021/01/20 05:08:06
RKR21566
ComicBookAssassin

shouldn‘t be a problem with that power supply, how long you had it was it overclocked? My first one died that wasn’t overclocked just BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) this one still on y Evga 850 platinum is now overclocked, managed to get a black lip version and its doing it. RMA that sucker now don’t wait Samurai! 😂 

No OC, I flashed the 500W BIOS on the OC BIOS, but never "used", the VGA always runned at stock OC frequency (1800). 

Dabadger84
Yeah it's deadski.  You should be able to get ahold of CS via phone during regular business hours (9A-5P Pacific time), right now they won't pick up.
If you haven't already, register the card, then you can start the RMA process online.  If you speak to Customer Service & let them know you've encountered the red light of death, they should get you setup with an RMA pretty quickly.  I highly recommend signing up for Advanced RMA if you're okay with putting down the money required - it makes it so that they will cross ship you a replacement card right away, instead of you having to wait for them to receive your card to ship out a new one.  They also ship a return label for your broken card with the new one, at least they did last time I used Advanced RMA for something.

mmmm glad to know that! How much is the cost for an Advanced RMA with a 3090? Is there any change to get a black lips one? 

RickJamesBish
Be sure to go add your info to the poll 

Ordered the 26/11/2020 from Amazon italy and delivered 5/12/2020 sooo.... less than 2 months...

2021/01/20 05:22:35
ComicBookAssassin
RKR21566
ComicBookAssassin

No OC, I flashed the 500W BIOS on the OC BIOS, but never "used", the VGA always runned at stock OC frequency (1800). 

Dabadger84

mmmm glad to know that! How much is the cost for an Advanced RMA with a 3090? Is there any change to get a black lips one? 

RickJamesBish
Be sure to go add your info to the poll 

Ordered the 26/11/2020 from Amazon italy and delivered 5/12/2020 sooo.... less than 2 months...

You guys and this 500wat bios lol, that lasted a while my red lip one lasted 4days after 30hours of gameplay the black lip one is on about 70 to 80 hours, oh if they have stock defo go back through Amazon I got my black lip one on jan 4th so I would say a good chance. PS Black lip one was from Scan UK where I bou the original from
2021/01/20 05:46:30
Saltgrass
I suppose it would not hurt to try turning the power supply off to remove power from the PCIe bus.  Maybe something there would reset and help the system.  Maybe you already did that when you removed and reinstalled the card.
2021/01/20 06:06:01
RKR21566
ComicBookAssassin
You guys and this 500wat bios lol, that lasted a while my red lip one lasted 4days after 30hours of gameplay the black lip one is on about 70 to 80 hours, oh if they have stock defo go back through Amazon I got my black lip one on jan 4th so I would say a good chance. PS Black lip one was from Scan UK where I bou the original from

No stock everywhere. I'm in time to get a full refund by Amazon Italy (until 31/01/2021). I don't need money back but a full workly VGA (especially these days with everything out of stock).
Moreover, when I bought the 3090 I did 10 years warranty extension on EVGA Website that is linked to my SN Card, so, giving it back to Amazon I will lose that.

Saltgrass
I suppose it would not hurt to try turning the power supply off to remove power from the PCIe bus.  Maybe something there would reset and help the system.  Maybe you already did that when you removed and reinstalled the card.

Already did everything possible with no results...  That Red LED is always shining!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account