• EVGA NU Audio Series
  • EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1, 712-P1-AN21-KR doesn't work - error code 0x0E01 on a X570 mainboard
2021/01/07 10:57:14
Christoph B.
Hi, I aquired a EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1, 712-P1-AN21-KR, recently which does not seem to work properly.

Both cards were installed in PCIe slots 'PCIe x16_1' and 'PCIe x1' in my ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA X570 mainboard  - page 23/106 in the manual which is available here: 
The mainboard runs on BIOS v.3003, the latest stable release for this mainboard from 7 December 2020. My processor is a 3rd GEN RYZEN 5950x.

After installing the latest driver, EVGA NU Audio Pro_1.0.2_WIN10.exe, the device is recognised by the Windows Device Manager.
The EVGA software seems to start, but yields just a black square, where the interface should be, additionally the tray icon vanishes after moving the mouse cursor above it.

After rebooting the PC the EVGA software starts with 'error code 0x0E01' as described .
Multiple reinstalls didn't help, so I searched the forum to find a solution to this issue.

As recommended, I made sure the card is connected via SATA (it wasn't before).
I tried to reinstall the software, like DannyW75 described in his post , which didn't work for me.
As kazu4009 hinted , I set both PCIe slots to GEN3 through BIOS, also not working for me.
The last thing I tried was to change the driver version, like EVGATech_LeeM recommended , sadly that didn't work neither.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and helpful comments.
2021/01/07 15:20:12
EVGA_Lee
Do you have ASUS Sonic Studio installed, or was it installed?
2021/01/07 16:23:51
Christoph B.
No, I didn't use Asus Sonic Studio so far. I used to have Asus Phoebus for my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG sound card installed, but uninstalled the software before upgrading to the EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1
Furthermore I disabled and uninstalled any other audio devices (e.g. displays were listed in the audio devices as well) and I disabled the onboard audio through UEFI.
2021/01/10 08:51:48
Christoph B.
I just updated my BIOS and it looks like everything finally works as intended.
Updating the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula's BIOS to version 3102 did the trick.

The changelog reads:
Version 3102 Beta Version
2021/01/06 20.31 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 3102
Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.9.0.
Improve ReSize Bar function
Improve RAID function
Improve system performance and compatibility

I presume the updated AGESA driver is responsible (not sure though - might be worth looking into this for other compatibility issues that might occur).

Testing will continue. If there's anything noteworthy I'll post it here.
2021/01/14 05:36:53
Vivicector
That's nice! I am planning an upgrade too and hope you can tell me if you run the audio card in PCI-E 4 mode or PCI-E 3? Also, Do the motherboards allow switching between the two per socket or total? Won't the Nu Audio be a burden for the new PC?
2021/01/14 10:24:10
Christoph B.
Thanks for commenting here.
1. Changing to PCI-E GEN 3 didn't work for me, so in the end I switched both PCI-E slots back to auto-mode.
2. The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula I use allows you to change the mode of each PCI-E slot individually. You might want to refer to the manual of the mainboard you intend to buy, to verify if this applies there as well.
3. On the contrary. I think the EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1 is an asset to your new PC. You lose some thermal and air flow effiency and take a small hit to power consumption, but you gain a greatly improved audio experience compared to your onboard sound. I highly recommend to read some reviews or watch some video reviews on Youtube, if you have any concerns before buying one yourself.
2021/01/15 02:07:08
Vivicector
Christoph B.
Thanks for commenting here.
1. Changing to PCI-E GEN 3 didn't work for me, so in the end I switched both PCI-E slots back to auto-mode.
2. The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula I use allows you to change the mode of each PCI-E slot individually. You might want to refer to the manual of the mainboard you intend to buy, to verify if this applies there as well.
3. On the contrary. I think the EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1 is an asset to your new PC. You lose some thermal and air flow effiency and take a small hit to power consumption, but you gain a greatly improved audio experience compared to your onboard sound. I highly recommend to read some reviews or watch some video reviews on Youtube, if you have any concerns before buying one yourself.

Thanks! I already have Nu Audio Pro, but worried about upgrading since this card isn't bug free, to say at least. Its alright in my current system though. Thanks for the info, its good its al right with gen.4. 
2021/01/15 02:35:06
Hoggle
Glad to hear it was just a bios update that was needed to fix it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account