2021/01/04 19:43:49
dwoodward
In the market for a new card now that my SoundBlaster AE5 is literally dying on me. Not completely, but it's starting to distort audio (it's slight and random, but super annoying when it happens). I actually thought it was my headset, but tried 2 headsets, my usual (Astro A40 (yes I know, old)) and my girlfriends Sennheisers, issues with distortion on both. So far no distortion on the motherboard audio. 

Been using Soundblaster since the early X-Fi days... Shopping around. Just wondering how people are liking the Nu Audio card. How are the drivers? Sound quality? I'm just looking at the Nu Audio (Standard - Not Pro... $250 dollars for an audio card is already super super steep).

I'm just considering options since I've spent the last few days gaming and listening to music, and just can't take it anymore. My ears are simply adjusted to high end audio after years and years of being on sound cards. 

Any reviews or opinions are great and I thank you for any comments. There are other cheaper options out there. Just wanna see if EVGA can be an option for an audiophile like me this time around. 
2021/01/05 19:24:07
AnunnakiVimana
Igorslab.de (formerly known as Tom's Hardware Germany) did an extensive test, teardown and review of this card. -> Igorslab
I bought mine, after reading his test. Igor Wallosek says, the card is the best audio card for pc to date.
Most of the initial driver issues have been fixed in the meantime. At least for me.
Bear in mind you will need a dedicated SATA-Power cable connection for the card to use it. Molex to SATA-Adapters will not work, as the card
draws it's power from the 3.3V rail, which a MOLEX connector/adapter does not provide. Check the FAQ

I have used Voicemeter Potato in the past to route my audio to different devices. However, it was impossible to do this without sporadic annoying crackling in the sound.
Seems there is still some incompatibility in audio buffers or WDM drivers. However, switching to a Go XLR Mini fixed all my troubles.

Would I buy the card again? Yes. The way with a decent Headset (I use Sennheiser) you can locate other players in games like Battlefield is amazing. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account