2021/01/01 17:46:09
mnongrum
I installed my EVGA Nu Audio card in my new Dell Inspiron 3880 desktop and downloaded the latest driver.
The card appears as EVGA Nu Audio under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager. The EVGA Nu Audio Led lights on the side are lit up as well. So the card is powered up.
At first there was sound coming out from my speakers but suddenly the sound disappeared. I tried to reset the card in the PCIe slot but it did not produce any sound. 
Please advise and help pinpoint the issue.
2021/01/01 17:50:52
the_Scarlet_one
Make sure that Windows didn’t change the sound to your monitor or some other random device. Windows changes my settings all the time, even though I designate the audio card as the primary option.
2021/01/01 18:21:47
mnongrum
I have disabled my integrated Realtek(R) Audio to eliminate sound from the integrated channel.
2021/01/01 18:57:16
the_Scarlet_one
Yes, so do I, but Windows tried to send the signal through HDMI or DisplayPort to the monitor, even with audio disabled to any device other than the sound card. Windows is very rude about changing settings.
2021/01/02 08:15:20
Coughtly
It is happen when it is not connected with PC. Check all thing to reset it 
2021/01/02 09:36:31
joseph305
I've been thinking about getting the nu card because win 10
is always changing my on board realtek  audio lately .... had
to reinstall drivers several times over that period... still on 1909
but seems like with every upgrade win 10 does , many end up
with sound problems.

So, mnongrum , my first bet would be software problem.

2021/02/25 09:23:34
mnongrum
Right now this card appears to be dead. There are no LED lights. I tried to reinstall the driver but I have not been successful.
When I tried to install the driver it gave the following message as shown:
"To complete the driver installation, you must disconnect and reconnect your device. Do you want to exit this wizard now and connect the device later? Yes or No"
I clicked on "Yes" and removed the card from the PCIe slot and reconnected. Nothing changed after that. It gave a message "EVGA NU Audio driver failed to install correctly. Please reboot your computer and run the installer again."
I have repeated this process several times but nothing changed. The card is now not listed on Device Manager either.

An exactly similar problem has been encountered by another user in Europe. He has a video on YouTube showing this same issue where he could not install the driver. This is something crazy.
Please advise.
2021/02/25 09:59:44
Hoggle
Is the SATA power cable connected and have you tried another cable?
2021/02/25 10:59:28
mnongrum
Yes, I have two SATA power cables coming out from my 435W PSU (Power Supply Unit).
I have tried both cables but in both cases, I don't see the LED lights on.
I tested the SATA powers cables on an additional hard-drive to make sure there are both working, and both of them worked perfectly. So there is nothing wrong with the SATA power cables. 
Either the card is dead or there is something else that is horribly wrong with the Nu Audio Card.
I bought this card directly from EVGA website, is there a way they will send me a replacement?
Appreciate your advice.

2021/02/25 15:40:09
EVGA_Lee
mnongrum
Yes, I have two SATA power cables coming out from my 435W PSU (Power Supply Unit).
I have tried both cables but in both cases, I don't see the LED lights on.
I tested the SATA powers cables on an additional hard-drive to make sure there are both working, and both of them worked perfectly. So there is nothing wrong with the SATA power cables. 
Either the card is dead or there is something else that is horribly wrong with the Nu Audio Card.
I bought this card directly from EVGA website, is there a way they will send me a replacement?
Appreciate your advice.

This sounds like the card has failed.  If the LED is off, and you previously had it on, that suggests the card has failed.  If you manually turned off the LED in the software, and the LED stays off, then it would be normal.

I see that you've reached out to us to get a replacement, so I'll make sure that someone on our team will follow up with you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account