2020/11/24 14:26:51
veganfanatic
https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

this is one place I know of that tracks a vast number these god forsaken crap coins

The price of the GTX 1060 became insane back in 2017. The GTX 1070 too and the GTX 1070 Ti etc.

Now the BS is back as miners will buy every card in sight.

2020/11/24 14:36:39
lehpron
Theres lots of ways to make money with cryptocurrency. I tried the mining route, but my utility rate is too high and cloud mining is just slow, in my opinion.

I'd rather have the tokens themselves, so just buy them, why waste money and time on equipment?

These days, I do trading.

I bought $1000 of Bitcoin about a month ago when it was $13133, so with Bitcoin in the $19,000 range, my balance is now at $1400. So I so I made $400 profit by letting it sit there. Should Bitcoin drop too much, I can always trade it for a stable coin, like Tether, and not lose value (minus transaction fees). That's the concept of value trading, basically you buy a chunk and based on trends, forecast, strategy or hope/hype that value goes up over time.

But I also do day trading, this stuff is anxiety provoking fun. In this case, the actual price doesn't matter, you aim for a percentage gain, watch the moving averages and buy when the price drops and sell when prices spike. I use the exchange "Binance" for their low transaction rates. Two months ago I started with $500 of Ethereum, I didn't stick with the same currency, probably traded a few dozen by now. The balance is just under $700, or about a half-percent gain per day. My goal was 1% a day, so I've lost here and there.

Right now I've taken an interest in trading "bots", which is basically software that does the buying and selling of trading for you, running 24/7. It would be nice to eliminate the greed, impatience and emotion from trading. I'm not going to be a millionaire, but I'd love a computer upgrade next year from this. I have my eye on Zen 4.
2020/11/24 16:18:46
VirtualUnreality
Grat's lehpron!  The institutional money is coming to BTC--CIO of Blackrock in an interview 2 days ago said he sees BTC replacing Gold. Citi Tech analyst projected BTC $318k Dec 2021. GL! :)
2020/11/24 16:24:10
veganfanatic
BTC is limited and harder now than ever. Other are more scary which pisses me off as video card prices rise out of reach.

2020/11/24 16:25:28
VirtualUnreality
And for those grumbling about GPU altcoin mining, consider:  Yes, you might wait longer from launch to get a new card perhaps.  However, as the additional demand created factors into the pace/race of development for better hardware you actually get that shiny new GPU sooner than you would've since the MFR's can come to market sooner based on the additional sales/profits projected.  Be thankful we're not still waiting longer for the 7/8nm die products to come to market. :)

2020/11/24 16:31:02
veganfanatic
I am so incensed I am considering suing the whole sector to punish them for deprivation

It would be a class action, and I am quite capable in law myself

2020/11/24 16:48:57
VirtualUnreality
Veganfanatic, I understand the frustration but I firmly believe that if you did what you said and you were indeed successful, the end result will be you and I & the rest of us will end up waiting even LONGER for the products we love so much to come to market and thusly shooting us collectively in the foot as all I see that accomplishing is shrinking the total market--I don't like waiting longer either because scalpers using bots are diverting too much stock to their secondary markets and driving up the price.  I think we all get what we want sooner if Counsel's time, effort, and costs went toward shutting down the scalpers and helping develop better ideas & implementations of distribution schemes such as the EVGA notify system instead, and that way everyone wins.
2020/11/24 17:03:43
veganfanatic
Lately I have modernized my Apple toys, at least they are in stock

No video cards, no processors, see how good my EVGA RTX 2080 is while the supply of modern cards flees store shelves faster than poof

2020/11/24 19:20:27
Turdy99
got told to spam to a hundred comments to get a kingpin hahaha sell your bitcoin buy a gpu
2020/11/24 21:06:44
Hoggle
I don’t think people are going to be mining after the 1080 series. It’s harder to mine now and the majority of people who bought into the last bubble by buying a GPU to mine with probably never made a profit.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account