2021/05/21 11:28:45
Gotspeed_2000
Not sure the prepaid visa card would work as I thought they confirm the billing address as a means to confirm the "North American" queue system or their payment system requires it for processing.  Prepaid cards may have funky issues when dealing with that, I haven't done it before but I've had issues when purchasing things online where they ask for a billing address and a mailing address that don't line up with the credit card info.  I live at one location, but my bills go to another so sometimes it causes issues when the company doesn't allow ship to addresses.  Also do prepaid cards have billing addresses attached to them?  If not, that could be an issue when you enter into the system.  I could be wrong. 

But I'm sure you can pay with your credit card as long as you can log into your account while you are on vacation or send them an email if the notification comes in and you are away.  If possible I'd bring a laptop with you if possible, sometimes you can rent air cards from your travel agency that will allow you internet connection when you arrive or check with your cell phone carrier to see if they have international plans available for you to use while you are on vacation.  On a trip to Japan, our friends had their cell phone plan modified while they were on vacation to allow international access.  This was a few years ago, but they did it that way while we "rented" a mifi for our daughter to use while she was with her soccer team.  I couldn't go on the trip due to work so we used that as a means to keep in contact with her.  

Anyway enjoy your vacation.  
2021/05/21 13:07:19
Nacman
Gotspeed_2000
Not sure the prepaid visa card would work as I thought they confirm the billing address as a means to confirm the "North American" queue system or their payment system requires it for processing.  Prepaid cards may have funky issues when dealing with that, I haven't done it before but I've had issues when purchasing things online where they ask for a billing address and a mailing address that don't line up with the credit card info.  I live at one location, but my bills go to another so sometimes it causes issues when the company doesn't allow ship to addresses.  Also do prepaid cards have billing addresses attached to them?  If not, that could be an issue when you enter into the system.  I could be wrong. 

But I'm sure you can pay with your credit card as long as you can log into your account while you are on vacation or send them an email if the notification comes in and you are away.  If possible I'd bring a laptop with you if possible, sometimes you can rent air cards from your travel agency that will allow you internet connection when you arrive or check with your cell phone carrier to see if they have international plans available for you to use while you are on vacation.  On a trip to Japan, our friends had their cell phone plan modified while they were on vacation to allow international access.  This was a few years ago, but they did it that way while we "rented" a mifi for our daughter to use while she was with her soccer team.  I couldn't go on the trip due to work so we used that as a means to keep in contact with her.  

Anyway enjoy your vacation.  

Mine worked last week with the waterblock purchase. But I use a service that spins up check cards as I need them. I use them for every purchase everywhere online. Keeps the fraud to zilch and the balance near zero on every card after it’s one use. Been burned too many times from sites in the past where my stuff was compromised.
2021/05/21 14:47:10
trickm0nkey
I figured I'd check in so the metrics can get updated.

I put myself on the list with email confirmation on 12/28/2020.  Got my email that my card was available for purchase 5/13/2021, and I've officially got it in my PC right now.  
2021/05/21 16:19:53
daturnerman
24G-P5-3998-KR    12/30/2020    9:42:58  PM  PT   YES
2021/05/21 16:25:08
enewt
daturnerman

Congratulations and thanks for reporting back. What a great way to finish off a less than fantastic week. Enjoy your new KPE Hybrid!
2021/05/21 16:26:57
daturnerman
enewt
daturnerman

Congratulations and thanks for reporting back. What a great way to finish off a less than fantastic week. Enjoy your new KPE Hybrid!

Thanks.  I'm just at underwhelmed as you.
2021/05/21 17:14:45
Fayalite
If this is the new KP drop model... I kinda like it. Sure small... But in the end it's better for those closer to the end.
2021/05/21 17:23:46
Gotspeed_2000
Yup, helps keep me in the 60s guys.  Thank you for sharing your info and to everyone have a nice and safe weekend.  
2021/05/21 17:27:52
ysesq
do you think there will be a 3080 ti version with a shorter queue ?

2021/05/21 17:37:41
kissTheApex
ysesq
do you think there will be a 3080 ti version with a shorter queue ?

no.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account