2020/11/13 03:29:00
Xavier Zepherious
NVIDIA Confirms Ampere GeForce RTX 30 GPUs To Get Its Own Smart Access Memory (SAM) Tech Through Future Software Update, Will Work on Both Intel & AMD PCs

NVIDIA's SAM (AMD Smart Access Memory) Competitor Confirmed For All GeForce RTX 30 Ampere GPUs, Will Be Available Through Future Software Updates on Both Intel & AMD PCs

According to the tweet which quotes NVIDIA's official response to AMD's SAM (Smart Access Memory) technology, the green team confirmed that resizable BAR is a part of the PCI express specifications and that NVIDIA's existing hardware fully supports this functionality. NVIDIA didn't see the need to enable this technology feature until now as its competitor (AMD) is already adding support on its next-gen Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards based on the RDNA 2 architecture.

https://wccftech.com/nvid...ccess-memory-sam-tech/
2020/11/13 04:44:03
Hoggle
I would expect this to be something that Microsoft would add into DirectX. Microsoft is smart and knows that the software to run the system is king and wouldn't hand over the keys to AMD when it comes to the Xbox. They know every detail about how the SAM works.
2020/11/13 06:46:46
castrator86
Hoggle
I would expect this to be something that Microsoft would add into DirectX. Microsoft is smart and knows that the software to run the system is king and wouldn't hand over the keys to AMD when it comes to the Xbox. They know every detail about how the SAM works.

Yes, so it can be implemented straight into DX; but is there a contract in place that will keep Intel builds out in the cold for X amount of months/years before it can be implemented for their chips?
2020/11/28 15:40:51
mathematical
Interesting...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account