2020/11/09 06:40:37
RoyalMuffin
Recently just scored a 3080 XC3 Ultra from microcenter and despite being a beast in gaming should I worry about its thermals? On Idle the card is around 60-66C and then on load the card runs around 77-83C. This is on the default fan curve and with a more aggressive on I can get it at 77C at around 90% fan speed at load. 

Below is a pic of my current fan setup. There is a missing fan because I am waiting for my new corsair fan to come in. When I did the testing I had all corsair fans and one fan that came with the Lian Li case where the missing fan would be. All fans are 120m

Attached Image(s)

2020/11/09 09:06:47
Celeras
Your temperatures are normal. XC3s run hot, much hotter than FTW3s.
2020/11/09 09:29:11
slapn
Celeras

27c idle ///65c gaming//////////////////ur temps are high because of air flow with a brick in the middle of the case causing restrictions 
2020/11/09 09:37:52
HeavyHemi
RoyalMuffin
Recently just scored a 3080 XC3 Ultra from microcenter and despite being a beast in gaming should I worry about its thermals? On Idle the card is around 60-66C and then on load the card runs around 77-83C. This is on the default fan curve and with a more aggressive on I can get it at 77C at around 90% fan speed at load. 

Below is a pic of my current fan setup. There is a missing fan because I am waiting for my new corsair fan to come in. When I did the testing I had all corsair fans and one fan that came with the Lian Li case where the missing fan would be. All fans are 120m

Maybe it is my eyes, but why does it look like every fan exhaust is mostly covered by a grill and filters that would block most of the airflow out of the case?  Also I agree that giant aircoolers need to disappear. They are basically incompatible with getting optimal GPU performance.

2020/11/09 09:39:31
hartsocks
May be edging more on the warmer side(imo) but nothing I'd be frantically worried about. What's your ambient room temp? Could introduce better CFM fans or orientate them differently in your case. Can play around with different Positive airflow configurations. 
2020/11/09 09:53:25
rain2_usa
My suggestion is to add one more fan in the front, even if part of the PSU shroud is blocking it.  The way the airflow looks in that case, there isn't much going under the card to provide fresh air.  You have a total of 5 fans as exhaust/directional pull towards the exhaust (Noctua air cooler), which is probably pulling all the fresh air from the 2 case-front fans leaving little for the 3080.  Experiment by adding one.  If you don't have one, experiment by moving the middle one down and see if the temps are lowered.  Just my observation.
2020/11/09 11:01:20
Celeras
slapn
Celeras

27c idle ///65c gaming//////////////////ur temps are high because of air flow with a brick in the middle of the case causing restrictions 

You're not getting anywhere CLOSE to 65'C with an XC3 using auto fan at maximum load. 75-80'C is the best you will do. If you want lower you need to manually increase the fan, period.

"65'C gaming" means nothing to anybody, just means youre playing a game that isn't putting the card under full load.
2020/11/23 10:12:44
RoyalMuffin
UPDATE:
I recently got my 3rd Corsair LL120 fan for that empty slot in the front bottom of my case. Overall temperatures didn't change at all. I'm still sitting around 60 idle and 80 at load. I hope its nothing to be worried about
2020/11/23 10:19:56
QueueCumber
You good. As long as it isn't hitting 100.... (Which it won't on the evga bios).
2020/11/23 11:02:52
Celeras
RoyalMuffin
UPDATE:
I recently got my 3rd Corsair LL120 fan for that empty slot in the front bottom of my case. Overall temperatures didn't change at all. I'm still sitting around 60 idle and 80 at load. I hope its nothing to be worried about

As my other posts have indicated, you're doing about as well as you can do with the XC3. Anybody who replies differently doesn't understand the thermal performance difference between XC3 and FTW3.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account