2020/11/02 22:42:25
xrb936

Simple translation: SuperFlower has received several reports about 30 Series GPU failure which may be caused by its PSU, and SuperFlower is investigating now.

Question is, as the official OEM of EVGA PSU, what will EVGA do?
2020/11/02 22:54:51
mistermister
Well I'll be that guy and give the obvious answer. Wait until the OEM investigates and has more information.
2020/11/02 22:55:18
Mkilbride2599
Scary. But SuperFlower is a great brand with an enduring legacy, so I'll wait until we see actual facts.

I switched from my 850w EVGA Gold to a 1000w Corsair HX1000 that I'd have in storage for years when I setup my new AM4 build. Just because I figured if I was replacing everything I might as well put it in instead of just letting it rot.

I now have really obnoxious coil whine on my 3080 TUF that I didn't have on my EVGA.  So yeah.
2020/11/02 22:58:17
degenerate
Hope my 1600T2 isn't affected.
2020/11/02 22:59:30
xrb936
mistermister
Well I'll be that guy and give the obvious answer. Wait until the OEM investigates and has more information.

As a customer, I'd prefer to see some words from EVGA, like "we are closely working with SuperFlower and investigate this situation" etc.
2020/11/02 23:37:04
CraptacularOne
Just because they say they are looking into it doesn't give credence to the issue being with Super Flower PSU designs. Both my EVGA G3 units are Super Flower OEM and haven't had any issue in my main PC powering my RTX 3090 for over a month at this point not a single shutdown. My VR rig was running a RTX 3080 for about 3 weeks until I decided to sell it since it was just overkill for current VR titles and it never experienced a shutdown either. 
2020/11/03 06:24:29
mchang1984
That's not clear enough to make an informed decision.

WHICH Power supply? All of them? Just one model?

I own an EVGA 1600W T2 PSU and it still runs fine.
2020/11/03 12:07:37
Sajin
Interesting. 🤔
2020/11/05 12:23:29
jgimbuta
I just got a G5 to replace my G2 and a 3080 xc3 ultra and now I have this obnoxious coil wine/buzz/grind sound like a HDD spinning.  I was 100% sure it was the PSU, but the HDD spinning part sounds like the GPU by where the display cables plug in.  It's when I launch a game and power target gets above 80% or so and it gets louder.  I'm pretty upset honestly.  I tried using a paper towel tube and still couldn't pinpoint it.  I feel like it's almost both.  I could  RMA the PSU, it's outside of Amazon return window as I waited until I got the 3080 to upgrade.  Then if it still does it, RMA the card?  I don't know, honestly every time I play and take my headphones off and hear BERRRRRRRRRRRRR click click burrrrrrrrrrrrrr reeeeeeeeeeclickclickreeeeburrrr I cringe.  Don't know what to do.
2020/11/05 13:40:50
ehupp01
Google Translate gave me this:

Dear Zhenhua Power User: Thank you for choosing SUPER FLOWER Zhenhua Power!  Recently, we have received feedback from consumers about the abnormal feedback that the graphics card and power supply were burnt out at the same time after the RTX30 series graphics cards released by NV were installed with Zhenhua power supply.  The Zhenhua team attaches great importance to this matter, has proactively contacted the consumer, and after understanding the actual situation, arranged for the faulty power supply to be returned to the factory for testing. After the product inspection and analysis is completed, the relevant instructions and follow-up measures will be provided in a timely manner for timely processing  Similar to users’ troubles, the temporary service hotline 18165719085 will be opened today to provide customers with backup power application services and follow-up product inspection related matters.  We apologize for the inconvenience caused to users, and thank you for your understanding and trust!  Zhenhua Power November 3, 2020 awanhas recelved several reports about 30 Series GPU faillure which mav be caused by ite pcUad c.  Cimnlo tranclatin

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account