2020/11/01 07:49:37
rjohnson11
https://www.techpowerup.com/274070/ek-partners-up-with-asus-to-deliver-water-cooled-geforce-rtx-30-series-gpus

EK, the leading computer cooling solutions provider, is proud to announce its latest collaboration with ASUS, the leading graphics card and motherboard manufacturer. The result is three GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards with a pre-installed full-cover EK water block. A match made in heaven for enthusiasts, demanding content creators, and gamers. This strategic collaboration between ASUS and EK brings new GPUs that emphasize minimalistic, robust design, DIY convenience, and high performance.

Going the extra mile, the ASUS EKWB GeForce RTX 3090 and 3080 Series are built using Auto-Extreme technology to solder components to the PCB with extreme precision. All cards feature an aluminum backplate to prevent PCB flex and a single-slot mounting bracket made with 304 stainless steel for better corrosion resistance. Water block mounting is handled by ASUS during the manufacturing process, so each graphics card is ready right out-of-the-box to deliver high performance and reliability to customers.

ASUS EKWB GeForce RTX 3090 and 3080 Graphics Cards will be available worldwide in mid-November. ASUS EKWB GeForce RTX 3070 will be available worldwide at the end of November. For more information, feel free to contact your local ASUS representative or follow official ASUS social media channels.

I think both EK and ASUS will benefit from this project.  

2020/11/01 08:32:03
Dabadger84
Bets on the 3090 version being north of 2 grand? lol

Love the look of EK's liquid blocks but I won't be going full loop on a GPU anytime soon, too many scary thoughts.
2020/11/01 09:04:21
Cool GTX
pre-installed full-cover EK water block can be a good thing for those who would rather not install the block

I like to test my cards on air before I make the loop

I've been happy with my EK blocks
2020/11/01 12:39:46
a213m
Finally someone makes single-slot 3000-series cards!
2020/11/01 19:26:49
ty_ger07
Cool GTX
pre-installed full-cover EK water block can be a good thing for those who would rather not install the block

Normally I would totally agree.  Normally, it's nice to verify that a card is not DOA before taking the time to install the block, find out it is dead, and then have to remove the block for RMA.  It's a bunch of extra work and wasted time.

But in this instance, I disagree with you.  The card comes with the block installed.  You don't have to worry about the labor installing and then removing the block if it is DOA.  You just RMA it.

Draining a loop is super easy to easy to make temporary adjustments to.  You make the loop, and then find out that the card is DOA?  Drain the loop, and stick a short piece of flexible tube between the existing two tubes.  Very simple.

I think that offering the card with the block pre-installed is a very good move.  It lowers the cost, reduces the chances of user error, and makes these full custom water cooled options available to AIB partners who would otherwise normally void warranties when cards are disassembled.  Good move.

AND SINGLE SLOT!?!?!?!  Finally one manufacturer gets it!  Why does EVGA so often not get this memo?
2020/11/28 16:20:32
mathematical
Single slot! Can fit more GPUS!
2020/11/29 23:27:17
IDon’tLiKeSand
Now hopefully they’ll have more than ten
2020/11/30 02:38:33
Nereus

In the meantime the EK FTW3 blocks have not been started yet because EK are working on AMD blocks first... even though AMD cards are virtually non-existent.

2020/11/30 05:19:50
atfrico
Cant wait to see the milking price on these suckers😹😹.
Ler the 6090xt to be released in a waterblock 😋😍
2020/11/30 07:44:03
aberdie
ty_ger07
Cool GTX

Normally I would totally agree.  Normally, it's nice to verify that a card is not DOA before taking the time to install the block, find out it is dead, and then have to remove the block for RMA.  It's a bunch of extra work and wasted time.

But in this instance, I disagree with you.  The card comes with the block installed.  You don't have to worry about the labor installing and then removing the block if it is DOA.  You just RMA it.

Draining a loop is super easy to easy to make temporary adjustments to.  You make the loop, and then find out that the card is DOA?  Drain the loop, and stick a short piece of flexible tube between the existing two tubes.  Very simple.

I think that offering the card with the block pre-installed is a very good move.  It lowers the cost, reduces the chances of user error, and makes these full custom water cooled options available to AIB partners who would otherwise normally void warranties when cards are disassembled.  Good move.

AND SINGLE SLOT!?!?!?!  Finally one manufacturer gets it!  Why does EVGA so often not get this memo?

Draining a loop is easy.  Made my loop for easy maintenance. 

Waiting for the HC cards to come out, but will probably take any pre installed WB that's available at this point.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account