2020/12/04 11:23:57
vulcZ
LocutusHUN
For me the same. NVLDDMKM error. The display driver stopped responding, and has recovered. Except that recovering did not gave the display signal back, so i always had to restart the PC. Even tough sound seemed to play in the backround, so not the entiere pc was frozen.

That would drive me nuts. Not sure if it matters, but I always use DDU when I switch driver versions, especially when the driver I'm switching from has known issues. Keeping my fingers crossed, but still no errors for me, and I didn't change anything inside of the NVCP other than making sure G-Sync is enabled for windowed + full screen games.
2020/12/04 15:59:46
ronatar2
I dont believe i thought i am the only one who having blackout.
I have 3080 xc ulta and i tried everything and nothing work
2020/12/04 16:59:29
jamesleroux
try what i did?
2020/12/04 17:54:30
Cool GTX
ronatar2
I dont believe i thought i am the only one who having blackout.
I have 3080 xc ulta and i tried everything and nothing work

For Help with Your PC ...

Make a Separate thread - members can see you hardware, issues & solutions you have tried & make suggestion & recommendations specific to your PC
2020/12/05 12:12:27
soundwave404
LocutusHUN
For me the same. NVLDDMKM error. The display driver stopped responding, and has recovered. Except that recovering did not gave the display signal back, so i always had to restart the PC. Even tough sound seemed to play in the backround, so not the entiere pc was frozen.

This is exactly what I had been experiencing and it seems to have started for me since installing v457.51. It's happened twice so far, both times when the PC has been idle.
When I have some time I will try and downgrade to the previous version and see if it stops.
(3090 FTW3 Ultra)

EDIT to mention: When this happens, the GPU fans all go to what sounds like 100% until I reboot.

2020/12/06 01:35:42
LocutusHUN
soundwave404
LocutusHUN

This is exactly what I had been experiencing and it seems to have started for me since installing v457.51. It's happened twice so far, both times when the PC has been idle.
When I have some time I will try and downgrade to the previous version and see if it stops.
(3090 FTW3 Ultra)

EDIT to mention: When this happens, the GPU fans all go to what sounds like 100% until I reboot.

The previous driver (457.30) had the same issue.

2020/12/07 12:28:52
Creative007
Hardware issues vs drivers. Hopefully. Its just the drivers that can fix the blackouts.
2020/12/09 07:00:42
LocutusHUN
460.79 is out...
...and not a single word about if they fixed the idle tdr/black screen issues 
2020/12/09 07:32:35
sniper680
LocutusHUN
460.79 is out...
...and not a single word about if they fixed the idle tdr/black screen issues 

I noticed that they replaced the "optimal" and "adaptive" power options with "normal" in the power management in the new driver update.
Previously, we needed to set it at "prefer maximum performance" for the workaround at the expense of more power draw.
Perhaps, this new "normal" mode addresses the issue.
2020/12/09 09:55:16
LocutusHUN
There is an interesting new post from Manuel at the GRD 460.79 topic about this issue, and why it isnt listed with the new driver release:

Manuel@NVIDIA19m
 Close

Our telemetry shows that the outstanding bug was pretty much fixed in the field. You are likely seeing a different bug which we are not seeing. Previously users mentioned that the TDR did not create a dmp file so you will need to trigger a bugcheck as described below:
  1. Enable full dmp files by running the registry file fulldump.reg from the URL below: https://nvidia.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/fulldump.reg
  2. Download and then run the registry file TdrLevel1.reg from the URL below to change the level of recovery: https://nvidia.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/TDRLevel1.reg
  3. Reproduce the browser monitor reset issue again.
  4. On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command window. Type the following into the Open field: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps Then press the OK button to proceed.
  5. This will open the folder location where the dmp file should be located (if you see multiple files, it will be the file with the most recent date.
  6. Right-click over the file -> select "Send to" from the context menu -> choose "Compressed (zipped) folder" to zip the file to a smaller file size.
  7. Upload the zipped file to a file sharing service such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive and then email me a link to download the file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.
  8. Last but not least, in your email, please also email me your MSINFO32 file as described in the FAQ below: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account