2022/05/18 10:13:27
georgeasch
irakandjii

With Evga 30 series cards, you can use longer cables.  They must be DisplayPort 1.4 "Certified" cables (for 4k 120 / 144 Hz or 8k 60 Hz) and purchased rom a reputable source, there are lots of counterfeits out there. These are more expensive to make and therefore cost more.
  • I use a 4m cable (10 ft) for my main 4k 10Bit HDR @144 Hz monitor. Cost me about $25 cdn ($18 US) on Amazon to give you an idea  
  • On my secondary monitor I have a 50' optical fiber DP 1.4 cable that is 20m long (50 ft) that runs perfectly at 4k@120Hz, 10 bit HDR .  That one cost me over $100 cdn ($80 US) to give you an idea.

Thanks a lot for your answer. That makes absolutely sense because mine are very good Lindy Cromo Line DisplayPort 1.2 cables and never made any problems for 6 years but with previous EVGA cards of cause. So i will order the same cables again as DisplayPort 1.4 ones. You really helped me out, didn´t think of that.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my Monitor has a DisplayPort 1.2 too. Will it also work with a DisplayPort 1.4 cable and is that really an improvement?
2022/05/18 18:43:19
Baasha
Not specifically an EVGA GPU issue, but RTX 3090 Ti related:

Having a weird issue on my 3090 Ti FE cards - whenever I set the OC in MSI Afterburner and click the checkmark to apply it and then load a game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back and the OC is disabled. In Event Viewer, I see a bunch of the Event ID 14 nvlddmkm errors. This is odd since I've been using the computer almost daily and without issue thus far - using the Corsair AX1600i PSU and 2x 3090 Ti FE in SLI.

I am using the 12-pin connector cables from CableMod that I had used for the OG RTX 3090 FE also in SLI - so only 2x 8-pin connectors are connected to each card. Could that be a problem?

I have a nagging feeling it's something to do with power since my system is an absolute monster with the 28-core W-3175X CPU which is also a power hog.

Would appreciate any help with this.
2022/05/18 18:51:11
Sajin
Baasha

Having a weird issue on my 3090 Ti FE cards - whenever I set the OC in MSI Afterburner and click the checkmark to apply it and then load a game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back and the OC is disabled. In Event Viewer, I see a bunch of the Event ID 14 nvlddmkm errors. This is odd since I've been using the computer almost daily and without issue thus far - using the Corsair AX1600i PSU and 2x 3090 Ti FE in SLI.

I am using the 12-pin connector cables from CableMod that I had used for the OG RTX 3090 FE also in SLI - so only 2x 8-pin connectors are connected to each card. Could that be a problem?

I have a nagging feeling it's something to do with power since my system is an absolute monster with the 28-core W-3175X CPU which is also a power hog.

Shouldn’t be a problem for FE cards. Sounds like unstable oc to me.
2022/05/19 08:07:08
Baasha
Interesting... my OC was rock solid before (+100/+1000) and it never broke a sweat - was seeing 1400+W draw on the PSU almost constantly.

Used DDU and reinstalled drivers last night so will test some more today. Tried +75/+1000 and that seemed to be stable - but midway in game, I Alt+Tabbed and moved the Core OC to +100 and then back in game and it never crashed.

Should I uninstall MSI AB + HWInfo and reinstall those too?

Also, I set the fan speed to 98% - I used to have it at 95% - does that make any difference in terms of potential instability etc.?

Sajin
Baasha

2022/05/19 12:16:13
Sajin
Baasha
Interesting... my OC was rock solid before (+100/+1000) and it never broke a sweat - was seeing 1400+W draw on the PSU almost constantly.

Used DDU and reinstalled drivers last night so will test some more today. Tried +75/+1000 and that seemed to be stable - but midway in game, I Alt+Tabbed and moved the Core OC to +100 and then back in game and it never crashed.

Should I uninstall MSI AB + HWInfo and reinstall those too?

Also, I set the fan speed to 98% - I used to have it at 95% - does that make any difference in terms of potential instability etc.?

Sajin
Baasha

Sounds like your oc might be right on the edge of stability. Afterburner & hwinfo aren’t the issue, but you could if you want to. Increased fan speed will not cause instability at all.
2022/05/26 08:18:20
zeso56
Thank you for this previous guideI like it very much.
2022/05/31 04:06:06
ApocalypseMaow
I'm losing my mind... 

EVGA xc 3080, everything runs fine for a few apex legends matches then the screen goes black and I can still hear and play but the screen stays blacked out... 
I've tried
-ddu clean new drivers and rolling back drivers
-nvidia power set to maximum
-undervolting/clocking
-bios pci set to gen3
-slamming my head into the wall

Nothing has seemed to work, I've ordered a new cable cause my swift monitor is the second gen 2k one... maybe it's just gsync having isssues???
I have had it black screen and reset my pc... but that's only happened twice outta the 50 plus times
oh and I do have a ek front and rear waterblock... I seem to remember someone saying the back plate was too tight and causing coil whine (not sure if that has ANYTHING to do with this???)

pray for me xD
2022/06/10 19:27:34
Damass
Hello!

I don't know wheatear my problem is what you call it "a black screen" or not. 

it happens only while gaming, games tried so far ( PES2022, RDR2, Far cry 6), the screen suddenly shows the TV screen saver 5-10 min after i start any game. this has started a week ago, no issues before that.  iv benchmarked the GPU with Heaven benchmark and everything went fine. 

when the screen saver appears, the GPU fans keep spinning until i hard restart the PC, the 2 fans stops and the fan on the right keep spinning at full speed until i run Precision x.

No issues at all apart from gaming

Asus e-gaming z-590
i7-11700k
3080i FTW3 ultra
4x8 G.skill C16
1tb samsung 980pro
 LG OLED C1

Any idea ? 

2022/06/10 22:03:03
HeavyHemi
Damass
Hello!

I don't know wheatear my problem is what you call it "a black screen" or not. 

it happens only while gaming, games tried so far ( PES2022, RDR2, Far cry 6), the screen suddenly shows the TV screen saver 5-10 min after i start any game. this has started a week ago, no issues before that.  iv benchmarked the GPU with Heaven benchmark and everything went fine. 

when the screen saver appears, the GPU fans keep spinning until i hard restart the PC, the 2 fans stops and the fan on the right keep spinning at full speed until i run Precision x.

No issues at all apart from gaming

Asus e-gaming z-590
i7-11700k
3080i FTW3 ultra
4x8 G.skill C16
1tb samsung 980pro
 LG OLED C1

Any idea ? 

Hmm, if it was operating normally and is now crashing, the most likely culprit is the GPU. However, I would do all the usual troubleshooting steps of reseating the GPU, reseating all your PCIe cables.
In the the Nvidia Control Panel under Help, is the 'Debug Mode'. This will cause your GPU to run at the lower vanilla clocks. If the GPU is more stable, that pretty much confirms the GPU is unstable. Alternatively, you can reduce both memory and GPU clocks using Precision or Afterburner and accomplish much the same thing. If manually reducing the clocks increases stability, then the GPU is the most likely culprit. 
As an aside, what do you think of your LG C1? I got the 55" C1 and it came with the EVO panel. Holy cow, what a difference from my 4K Samsung JU7100.
2022/08/20 11:29:22
BoomerD
Not exactly the problem you folks are discussing, (maybe need a different thread?) but at night, I physically turn off my Dell S3222DGW by pushing the button. (no "sleep" mode) Next time I turn the monitor on the screen flashes from the desktop display to black then the display, then black, then the display...and things are now normal. Connected via display port.

This did NOT happen with my previous video card, ASUS 2070-8G, did not happen when I was limping along with my ancient EVGA GTX660 card, (broke a fan on the 2070, used the 660 while I waited for the RTX 3070FTW3 Ultra Gaming to arrive. (08G-P5-3767-KL) Nothing is overclocked or tweaked in any manner.

Any ideas?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account