2021/10/18 07:01:30
Cool GTX
z1nonly
Got my 3080Ti FW3 Ultra last night and played my favorite driving sim for 2 hours in VR with my HP Reverb G1. Within seconds of *exiting the game*, (less than 10 I think) I get black screen. All 3 of my monitors went black while I was at my desktop moving my GPUZ window to my main screen. Within a few seconds of that, I get my windows login screen. (Not enough time for a reboot). I log back in and find my carefully curated triple screen wallpapers all out of whack. I decide to try the sim again before doing anything else and VR is messed up. (Everything is HUGE and the menu appears to be touching my nose....re-centering my headset just puts my nose more precisely in the center of the menu)

I rebooted and everything appeared to be back to normal, played for another hour and everything worked fine. Still, I just upgraded from a 3080FE that never had anything like this happen.

I was running stock with the exception of the overclock BIOS for the more aggressive fan curve. And because I know power supplies get blamed for a lot of stuff: My PSU is a Corsair RM1000i and this happened while at my desktop with almost no load.

Sounds like a driver issue .. W10 reverted back to a default driver -- "everything is Huge" ... indicates the resolution changed

You mention the key word - upgraded from a "different card"

2 issue come to mind & they both boil down to the same thing ..... MB or Windows did not fully recognize the hardware change.

1) turn off fast boot in MB BIOS ... so MS "sees" the new hardware

2) reboot PC, use the W10 shutdown command ..... Hold the shift key down, before clicking shutdown & hold the shift key down until PC is fully off ... no LEDs .....This clears the W10 Kernel .... so W10 will see the new hardware & not just load the "Old Kernel"

If you turn off Fast Startup in W10 it can also help New Hardware be properly detected

Check device manager for any GPU driver issues
Check the Nvidia driver version
2021/10/18 22:37:18
nightskycode
Will all 3090 rev 0.1 cards eventually die? I can't play games like halo etc without black screening and fans ramping to 100%. Then I need to shut down. AAA games work fine though. I feel like if I start halo 1 more time it might be a goner. Is the 0.1 cards also save for PCIE slots? Wondering if I should RMA and ask for a rev 1.0 card to ensure longevity. My card is from early 2021, black lip, has less than 120 hours gaming on it (I work alot). No OC, or mining. 
2021/10/21 12:50:42
Cool GTX

Thanks Mister E.. ---> blank screen on boot using Display Port with a 3080 Ti or 3060 than this is for you

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3486301

Mister E...
If you're experiencing a blank screen on boot using Display Port with a 3080 Ti or 3060 than this is for you:

NVIDIA Customer Care on Twitter

NVIDIA Support Page

for those who do not see signatures .. like on Mobile ...... My Associate Code: QR2IBEVA7LMCRCU

Thank you for your support - I am a Volunteer Moderator not an EVGA employee

Folding for the Greater Good

Have a Great day
2021/11/05 18:05:02
tc0566
And now we need a guide for windows 11 lol

2021/11/11 18:32:17
nick_shl
Spent whole day trying to fix issue with RTX 3070 Ti. Nvidia driver install - black screen. Resolution change - black screen. Refresh rate change - black screen. Windows turn off display by timeout - it will not show anything again.  Half of time instead Nvidia driver loads Microsoft generic driver. Sometimes card in Device Manager shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". In cases when Nvidia driver loads, Precision X1 shows 0 for frequencies, only temperatures and allow to set RGB animation:

EVGA support recommend RMA card. Decided to try this card in old gaming rig(i7-4790k + H97) - it works flawlessly, which mean card isn't a problem.
Tried to disable Resizable BAR in new rig - no luck. Then limited PCIe to Gen3 and all problems are gone.
I have no idea if problem on GPU side, on CPU(Ryzen 7 3700x) side or somewhere in between(AsRock X570 Pro4), but Gen3 good enough for me for now. Next week will try to replace motherboard(AsRock B550 Extreme4), will try Gen4 again.
2021/11/15 11:16:32
Komradskiy
My black screen issue with my RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming happens in BF2042 and the Halo Infinite Beta. It randomly blacks out my screen and then 2-3 seconds later comes back. It will continually strobe on and off that way until I close the game. 

Audio still persists in the background and it's only the main monitor which has the game playing on it that blanks out every couple of seconds. Not sure what is causing the issue but I don't have an overclock on my card just running it stock. 
2021/12/03 08:03:26
Beowulfcav
Do we know the cause of this? Is it one thing or various things that can trigger this?
2022/01/26 03:49:48
lol133736
use linux and you wont have such problems!

2022/05/18 00:13:44
georgeasch
I also had a totally black screen on boot and on desktop with a RTX 3060. After i tried every recommended trick and nothing helped, i changed my 3 m DisplaPort cable to a 2 m HDMI cable and had a perfect signal and picture all over but less Hz frequency on my monitor of cause. Then i changed again to a 2 m DisplaPort cable and and had a perfect signal and picture all over with a maximum Hz frequency on my monitor. To me that looks like the 30 series doesn´t principly like DisplaPort cables which are longer than 2 m because exactly the same thing happened to me before with a RTX 3070 which i returned to the seller.
2022/05/18 05:36:40
irakandjii
georgeasch
I also had a totally black screen on boot and on desktop with a RTX 3060. After i tried every recommended trick and nothing helped, i changed my 3 m DisplaPort cable to a 2 m HDMI cable and had a perfect signal and picture all over but less Hz frequency on my monitor of cause. Then i changed again to a 2 m DisplayPort cable and and had a perfect signal and picture all over with a maximum Hz frequency on my monitor. To me that looks like the 30 series doesn´t principly like DisplaPort cables which are longer than 2 m because exactly the same thing happened to me before with a RTX 3070 which i returned to the seller.

With Evga 30 series cards, you can use longer cables.  They must be DisplayPort 1.4 "Certified" cables (for 4k 120 / 144 Hz or 8k 60 Hz) and purchased rom a reputable source, there are lots of counterfeits out there. These are more expensive to make and therefore cost more.
  • I use a 4m cable (10 ft) for my main 4k 10Bit HDR @144 Hz monitor. Cost me about $25 cdn ($18 US) on Amazon to give you an idea  
  • On my secondary monitor I have a 50' optical fiber DP 1.4 cable that is 20m long (50 ft) that runs perfectly at 4k@120Hz, 10 bit HDR .  That one cost me over $100 cdn ($80 US) to give you an idea.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account