2020/11/17 22:48:02
vcast
Haven’t dug into the issue yet, just received my 3080 FTW3 today, but have had a couple black screen flashes, (3-5 second of black screen), with windows almost looking like they got moved around on the screen after the flash. Has happened while on the desktop. Also had a 5 sec freeze up in GTAv, haven’t done a lot of gaming yet though.
2020/11/18 15:32:02
JakeS407
My 3070 black has been doing this. Freezes then a 5 second black screen. Everything seems to work just fine afterwards except Destiny 2 wont load up. Also, out of the three DP on the back, one works fine, one screws up the resolution, and the other just go in and out repeatedly. Havent tried another DP cable to see if thats the problem though.
2020/11/20 10:08:09
Nereus
vcast
Haven’t dug into the issue yet, just received my 3080 FTW3 today, but have had a couple black screen flashes, (3-5 second of black screen), with windows almost looking like they got moved around on the screen after the flash. Has happened while on the desktop. Also had a 5 sec freeze up in GTAv, haven’t done a lot of gaming yet though.

JakeS407
My 3070 black has been doing this. Freezes then a 5 second black screen. Everything seems to work just fine afterwards except Destiny 2 wont load up. Also, out of the three DP on the back, one works fine, one screws up the resolution, and the other just go in and out repeatedly. Havent tried another DP cable to see if thats the problem though.

Exact same thing here with 3090 FTW3 Ultra.. just random black screens that only last 5 seconds or so, sometime when just using a browser with nothing else open, sometimes gaming, usually accompanied by brief fan spin-up.

2020/11/20 17:09:51
Cool GTX
Nereus
vcast

JakeS407

Exact same thing here with 3090 FTW3 Ultra.. just random black screens that only last 5 seconds or so, sometime when just using a browser with nothing else open, sometimes gaming, usually accompanied by brief fan spin-up.

Long shot ... In Windows ... Turn OFF ..... the update feature "Delivery Optimization"

It is known to cause stuttering in Windows 10
2020/11/21 00:03:55
LocutusHUN
Same here, with a new 3080 FTW3 Ultra.
Spent the whole day yesterday of gaming and browsing without problems, then when the desktop was just sitting there with a single browser window, it went black.
Things were still running in the background, because sound was also still there. Tried Win+ctrl+shift+B, but did not bring back the screen. Had to hard reset it. After that its everything normal again.
The event viewer says, that the driver stopped respondig, but has recovered. But obviously the HDMI display output didnt.
Using an LG B8 OLED at 4K60, no gsync.

Would be nice if someone figures out this. Isnt funny with an 800$ card. I hope its just the driver, and an update very soon solves this.
2020/11/21 07:54:50
Cool GTX
Very likely a Nvidia Driver issue at this point

Did you try / TEST --> the Nvidia 456.71 driver
2020/11/22 10:20:25
LocutusHUN
Cool GTX
Very likely a Nvidia Driver issue at this point

Did you try / TEST --> the Nvidia 456.71 driver

As my 3080 FTW3 Ultra is new, no, i did not try any older drivers.
But, i did try to set the driver to highest performance, so that the card does not downclock in idle.
I did not have any black screens for 24 hours uptime now.
2020/11/23 14:37:49
K1mac
I have been having a very similar issue, I've replaced RAM, PSU, CPU (had an older one) and have reinstalled windows and gone back to an older driver twice using DDU.

I've noticed that when my screens go black (2 in DP, 1 HDMI) I can still hear everything.

Windows Event Manager tells me that it's a DWM crash and my screens won't come back on until a hard reset.

Sometimes this works for hours, sometimes it works for less than a minute, and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I don't want to RMA my card, so I'll try the delivery optimization trick and see. Performance mode didn't help, still happens at full clock speed.

I don't want to RMA this card as I'll probably wait months for a new one and I need this for work!
2020/11/23 21:37:40
vulcZ
Experiencing this as well. Rather annoying, but I remember seeing similar behavior back when I first got my 2080 Super right when they launched. My guess is it's related to drivers. For me, the black screens happen very randomly (they last anywhere between 1-5 seconds), and everything I check event viewer is an NVLDDMKM error. Hopefully this is fixed in the next few driver releases. I don't mind the black screens while browsing the web too much, but every once in a while Fortnite will crash (sometimes errors out, sometimes boots me straight to desktop) and that's super annoying. Probably related to this error as well.

I really don't think our cards are defective, or that there's much EVGA can do at this point. Thinking we kinda have to wait for Nvidia to fix the driver bugs. Or maybe Nvidia + Microsoft, I don't know exactly.
2020/11/23 21:43:49
PolarisX
Just got my first one.

Lasted about 5 seconds, audio kept playing. Event viewer showed Nvidia driver as unresponsive.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account