2020/10/29 09:14:46
Cool GTX
Seeing members having issues with 30 series cards & not finding this information

Pinning this in the GPU section to make it easier for members to find this - they do not automatically look in the Software section of the Forums

(originally posted https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3025730)

The Most Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

There have been Many, many ... Win 10 Black screen Issues on this Forums & other forums

This is Simply the Best Guide I have Found only 6 pages

Black screen no more
How to fix black screen problems on Windows 10

When your Windows 10 PC displays a black screen, use this guide to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Microsoft  - troubleshooting guide   Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors 
Applies to: Windows 10

Step one - choose one of the --> When did you get the error?

- Before signing in to Windows 10 I see a black or blank screen  

- After signing in to Windows 10 I see a black or blank screen  

- After restarting my device I see spinning dots on a screen that's black or another color

Under: Before / After signing in to Windows 10 I see a black or blank screen 

Action: Remove third-party antivirus software

Sometimes third-party antivirus software causes black or blank screens. You can temporarily uninstall third-party antivirus software to determine if it's causing the screen issue, then reinstall it after your device is back up and running. Your device won't be unprotected because Windows Defender Antivirus kicks in if no other antivirus software is running. Get more info about Windows Security.

Edit Update: added the following to the first post to make it easier to find

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows 10
(excerpt)

If you experience a black or blank screen on your Windows 10 device, try the following:
  • To wake the screen, use one of the following keyboard shortcuts: Windows logo key + P  or   Ctrl + Alt + Del
  • For a black screen, use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B.
  • For more info, see Troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

EDIT 21 October 2021 ---> blank screen on boot using Display Port with a 3080 Ti or 3060  = then Read This

Thanks Mister E..

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3486301

Mister E...
If you're experiencing a blank screen on boot using Display Port with a 3080 Ti or 3060 than this is for you:

NVIDIA Customer Care on Twitter

NVIDIA Support Page

2020/11/02 10:50:13
Flynno81
I just get no video out no matter the port, on multiple computers from word go, no post (yet you can hear it eventually get to windows), nothing, just darkness :/ hence the RMA.
2020/11/02 15:17:56
Drwaffles
I figured mine was due to the monitor not getting the wake up signal from the display port.

HDMI isn't an issue, but Display port wouldn't even show the bios. Pulled the power out the wall, and it came back to life.
2020/11/03 11:55:13
Cool GTX
Drwaffles
I figured mine was due to the monitor not getting the wake up signal from the display port.

HDMI isn't an issue, but Display port wouldn't even show the bios. Pulled the power out the wall, and it came back to life.

If your monitor has a "Deep Sleep" setting --> turn it Off .. this is a known issue

Some monitors are just problematic & require you to remove power
2020/11/09 16:09:41
yaleyyuen
Yeah i'm running into this issue right now. I submitted a ticket yesterday night. It worked fine for one day, then out of no where, blue screen, computer restarted, and now 3080 ftw3 ultra does not give any signal. i have tried multiple monitors and none of them work. I diagnosed by putting back in my old card, and I can get a signal, but 3080 still does not give me anything.
2020/11/10 08:28:08
Cool GTX
TEST --> try the Nvidia 456.71 driver

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3139679
theskyisthelimit99
Just an update, it was suggested in another thread, that going back to 456.71 driver would cure the sleep issue and bsods.
So far i'm happy to say it has (even trying ram at defaults with cpu at defaults with that newest driver didnt).

Its pulling a ton of (expected) watts though, 10900k 1.339 load 5.1ghz with 43" lcd and peripherals im sitting around 705 watts.

Might also want to try a Power flush

1 - Shut down

2 - Unplug PC & anything connected to PC that is plugged into the wall (monitor, printer, USB hub ...)

3 - Now hold "start button" in for 20 sec to discharge capacitors ....

4 - Plug in & reboot

2020/11/11 20:11:14
a_vera27
I have been getting blue screens with error code VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I have tried everything. I have cleanly reinstalled the latest drivers. I have even reset my entire system. It still continues to crash. 
2020/11/12 07:17:40
Jr02128
some update came out Tuesday that has messed my 3080 Evga bios for 3080 update. The issue is now my gpu isnt recognized and windows treats it as Windows basic adapter, and it does a black screen every 3-5secs that also lasts 5 seconds or so then you'll hear a plug in sound like new hardware and screen turn back on last 3 seconds and back to black, this will continue until the pc is restarted. once restarted itll show in Device manager as 3080 with a warning sign (this device isnt working properly). i did a clean driver install, i even reinstalled windows for the problem to continue, i placed my old 1080 in and problem went away. any suggestions?  I will install the 3080 on a back up pc today and see if it runs, both PC's have a 750gold rated seasonic psu 16gb 3200 RAM, one has a 5900x ryzen the other a 2700x.
2020/11/14 06:41:47
Data1987
Cool GTX
Drwaffles

If your monitor has a "Deep Sleep" setting --> turn it Off .. this is a known issue

Some monitors are just problematic & require you to remove power

Yep Monitor energy saving options suck.

2020/11/17 15:05:15
crash822
Get black screen sometimes after logging into windows.  Issue started with the 3080.  Video only comes back when I turn off my second monitor, and whenever I turn it back on all works as normal.  It happens randomly when I power on pc even with several runs of display driver uninstaller in safe mode.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account