2020/10/24 12:29:32
Ciddharthas
Installed my new 3080 ftw3 ultra yesterday, and everything was fine until I installed precision x1.  Now my RGB light bar is stuck off (the button in x1 to change lighting effects isn't appearing), and more importantly, one of the fans on the card refuses to turn on (the one on the right side, which is to say furthest from the io panel).  I ran a couple of benchmarks before installing x1, and all three fans were functioning normally.  After I installed x1, the first thing it wanted to do was update the firmware in the card, which completed, at which point the RGB bar turned off.  The third fan won't turn on whether on manual or on auto, so I'm kind of scared to play any games in case some component near the third fan overheats.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling x1 several times to no avail.

Any suggestions?
2020/10/24 13:26:06
riku98523
I really don't think precision can cause any long term problems like this. If you reboot the system without precision running the card should get all of it's settings off the card itself. Did you do a FW update with precision? I suppose it's possible something gets corrupted during the fw update.
2020/10/24 13:31:27
Ciddharthas
riku98523
I really don't think precision can cause any long term problems like this. If you reboot the system without precision running the card should get all of it's settings off the card itself. Did you do a FW update with precision? I suppose it's possible something gets corrupted during the fw update.

Thanks for the response.  The light bar is permanently off with no option to change it in x1.  The third fan won't turn on no matter what.  This is true even after reboot with x1 not starting automatically on boot.  The first thing x1 did was update the firmware on the card, and it said it completed, but it's possible something went wrong that it didn't detect.

I did get manual fan control to work on the other two fans, though.  Will edit original post accordingly.  The third fan won't work whether I set it to manual, automatic, or if I restart the pc.
2020/10/24 13:32:52
SpriteCup1
That sounds like an RMA to me.
2020/10/24 13:34:44
Ciddharthas
USALion
That sounds like an RMA to me.

Maybe, although it was working fine before x1 did the firmware update.
2020/10/24 13:37:18
SpriteCup1
I would definitely contact Jacob and support and see if it can be fixed.
2020/10/24 13:37:22
sparetimepc
I would do a total uninstall of px1 and delete all px1 evga folders and then reinstall it. When you installed px1 did it do the firmware update and if so did you disable your antivirus/malware program before the update.
2020/10/24 13:38:57
transdogmifier
I deleted X1 and haven't looked back. It needs work..I think it's buggy as hell.

2020/10/24 13:40:59
DeadMedic
In my experience there are some settings that are persistent after P1X set's them. I was able to set the led on my 2080 ti hybrid, uninstall P1X then use Afterburner. The LED setting stayed with LED Sync. My advice would be the following:
1. Uninstall P1X
2. Uninstall LED Sync
3. Reinstall Driver
4. Reinstall P1X & see if you can change or fix anything.
Lastly you may try a BIOS flash if EVGA can supply you with one.
2020/10/24 13:46:29
riku98523
OP get in contact with EVGA support before you RMA. If it's a bad flash or something they will probably be able to provide you with a fw to flash and fix it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account