2020/10/24 06:44:21
R3L3NTL3SS
I know, I know. Some of you hate the guy. Some of you think he's generally pretty accurate. I think no matter what side you fall on, his latest video offers some ideas/thoughts that definitely make you have to think. (First bit of the video is Big Navi news. Later half is about Ampere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAzm-DUcM4

His last Ampere video he claimed like 300K 3080 chips going out. Now he claims he's hearing it's more like 50% of that because the chips didn't bin well enough to be 3080 chips.
Now he says he believes Nvidia is throttling chip supply again because he thinks Nvidia might be about to basically re do the entire 3000 lineup in response to Big Navi since now more benchmarks are starting to show that non RT performance might not just trade blows with the 3080, but actually be even better.
So possibly a slight price reduction on the 3080 and maybe a 3090 with less memory, say 12GB. (Now THAT I would be interested in if they offered it around $1,000.)
Basically he believes they cancelled the 20gb 3080 and 16gb 3070 because they have no real place in the market any longer at their price points with where AMD will probably come in.
November is going to be one very, very interesting month in this AMD vs Nvidia dogfight. I'm an Nvidia fanboy, but I think AMD is about to come in and seriously **** in Nvidia's cereal here...
2020/10/24 16:42:38
ReZpawN
Those leaked amd benchmarks are useless, same happened with 5700xt where it was destroying rtx2070 in them but in actual games 2070 got better fps, its also why amd cards are always better for mining compared to nvidia, and i can guarantee you they will not be reducing the price on 3080 and 3090 so soon after release because people will be pissed and will want refunds since some of them would have bought their cards just days earlier 
2020/10/26 11:15:10
mobhill
ReZpawN
Those leaked amd benchmarks are useless, same happened with 5700xt where it was destroying rtx2070 in them but in actual games 2070 got better fps, its also why amd cards are always better for mining compared to nvidia, and i can guarantee you they will not be reducing the price on 3080 and 3090 so soon after release because people will be pissed and will want refunds since some of them would have bought their cards just days earlier 

Yeah, but what people want and what people get are two different things. If you live of the bleeding edge of tech that's just a risk you run- there is always something better/cheaper around the corner.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account