2020/10/28 10:07:23
vegajf51
CraptacularOne
While the numbers do indeed look great, they didn't show any DXR benchmarks for comparison. I wonder if the leaked Port Royal benchmark showing RDNA2 tanking with RT performance are correct now. They also didn't mention any specialized RT accelerating hardware like Nvidia's RT cores to offload the ray casting computations too. If they don't have specialized hardware acceleration units that means they are relying purely on their streaming multiprocessors to calculate it which would explain the drop off in performance in the leaked Port Royal benchmark. At any rate I was still impressed by the numbers they showed and and highly anticipating independent reviews. 

Ya I agree, they didn't show anything on Ray Tracing.... meaning it wasn't that impressive. Assuming the leaks are correct it will be around 2080ti level.

The size of the card is much smaller than Nvidia also.

Edit: looks to have 1 Ray accelerator per compute unit.

2020/10/28 13:12:50
kevinc313
ty_ger07

I am disappointed that AMD is focusing so hard on AMD vs NVIDIA, instead of trying to market the card based on its own merits.

Nice.  Don't care.

Lets see some 3DMark scores and drivers that work.
2020/10/28 13:21:08
vegajf51
kevinc313
ty_ger07

I am disappointed that AMD is focusing so hard on AMD vs NVIDIA, instead of trying to market the card based on its own merits.

Nice.  Don't care.

Looks like an Nvidia troll has arrived. Now, where is the resident AMD troll at? We want equal troll representation.
2020/10/28 14:31:21
kevinc313
vegajf51
kevinc313
ty_ger07

Nice.  Don't care.

Looks like an Nvidia troll has arrived. Now, where is the resident AMD troll at? We want equal troll representation.

I'm sure the AMD EVGA cards are right around the corner!!!!!
2020/10/28 14:40:16
CraptacularOne
vegajf51

He's been banned again (hopefully for a bit longer this time) but I don't think kevin is "trolling" like the other hardcore "person" was. 

I want to see some independent reviews before I speak. Yes, the slides look great, but would you expect anything less from their own presentation? That's their job: To paint their product in the best light possible. I want to see when reviewers actually have them in hand and see what the numbers look like. AMD suspiciously neglected to show anything with RT performance numbers, be it stand alone numbers or comparison graphs. So if the 6000 series cards suffer heavy performance penalties with DRX effects like Turing did, then AMD has some work left to do. 
2020/10/28 15:39:40
kevinc313
CraptacularOne

I want to see some independent reviews before I speak.

Yep.  All I've seen so far are some very sketchy approximated 3Dmark tests. 

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800xt-alleged-3dmark-scores-hit-the-web

I want to see Nvidia get hosed as much as the next guy, but I don't trust AMD further than I can throw a crate of 3950X's.
2020/10/28 17:51:12
castrator86
Tuxedo.
If EVGA does not get any cards to EU until Mid December I will go AMD.

This is what AMD is banking on. NVidia has screwed the pooch so bad on the 3000 series that all they have to do is have adequate stock & they're going to win this product cycle in a landslide.

Even if performance is slightly worse 3090/6900XT | 3080/6800XT it won't matter if they're cheaper and available to actually buy.

kevinc313

Ah, still leaning on that early 2010s motto are we? AMD drivers have been fine this past gen; doubt there will be any issues going forward with this one.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account