2020/10/22 08:37:11
MAGZ1983
Hi dear EVGA community, I just sent a ticket to EVGA with my problem. I thought maybe it is a good idea to post the content of that ticket here too, hoping someone could give some guidance other than EVGA  tech support. Please , forgive any misspelling of language, Im Spanish and I do what I can with the english I Know

Let me start saying that I tried everything in my hand to test the hardware and Im pretty sure my card is "almost" dead

It all started a week ago, I couldn't restart the system or shut it down. No big problem, I did it manually

Last monday the real problem begun. Like a million times before, I was ready to update the drivers from nVidia, 456.71. I performed my ritual for it. Uninstalling everything, Launch DDU, rebooting from safe mode from the DDU prompt, and do a full clean of of the remains of the 456.55, All good. Rebooted into windows after that and initiated the installation of 456.71. 

During the installation something went wrong, I got the usual flicker that automatically changes the resolution to match my monitor, but then BLACK SCREEN hardlock. I rebooted, and got a GREEN SCREEN hardlock when i was like 10 seconds in my desktop. Since then, i got every color in the palette screen hardlocks (blue, white, brown , purple, every single one you can imagine). Most common are Black ones though. 

From now on , Im going to explain everything I tried to no avail:

- uninstalling 456.71, revert to 456.55. Same problem

- changing cables and ports: I have replaced the DP cable that came with my monitor with a 1,5m length VESA certified DP 1.4. Tried every DP in the card. Tried more than 4 cables more, nothing, same problem

- Trying HDMI, solid color lockdowns started on HDMI started on Tuesday evening, same problem

- Full wipe of the system, Complete reinstallation of WINDOWS 10, now on build 20h2 19042.572. 

- Under this fresh installation I tried every nvidia driver since 432.00. Same results: black or solid color hardlock, but this time, my motherboard beeps and resets the computer given 3 minutes of hardlock. I've investigated and this long beep is oftenly an evidence of video hardware failure. 

- Factory default settings on the system. Reverted all possible modification or overclock in BIOS (which is updated to the latest version known , by the way)

- Took out the card, reseated it. Nothing, same problems

- Took out the card and tried it IN ANOTHER 3 OTHER COMPUTERS with 3 DIFFERENT Displayport and HDMI compatible monitors, each one with a different build ranging from budget to High spec. Same problems with my card installed in those machines. 

- In desperation, I tried to update the BIOS of the card with one i found in EVGA forums, mine was little older, so I thought that could be it. Wrong. Same problems

- Tried 2 graphic cards from those systems in my system. System works flawlessly, no locks, no problems

- Today I tried the 456.91 hotfix from nvidia: nothing, same problems

Observations: The card rejects ANY driver from nvidia. It only works with the basic driver from WINDOWS, and in safe mode when an nvidia driver is installed. As I said, I discarded the chance of being another component on my system cause I tried 3 other cards, and tested thoroughly my RAM, CPU , DISKS and Motherboard , temperatures and all. DXDIAG is attached, remember that this system is running on Windows Basic Display Driver, cant install any other driver

====================================================
This was the ticket, attached was the dx diag and the System SPECS which are:

Asus Maximus IX Formula
Intel Core i7 7700k
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M2
Samsung 850 PRO 250 GB SSD
EVGA RTX 2080 XC BLACK (08G-P4-2082-KR)
CORSAIR HX1000i PSU
GIGABYTE AORUS AD27QD Monitor
No other peripherals other than a mouse and a KB for tests
2020/10/22 09:52:02
Cool GTX
Good job testing & explaining your PC problem & troubleshoot you have tried

sure looks like the GPU has failed

This is a good guide - but because the GPU failed to work in other PCs ... not sure it will help you

How to fix black screen problems on Windows 10

When your Windows 10 PC displays a black screen, use this guide to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

MAGZ1983
- Took out the card and tried it IN ANOTHER 3 OTHER COMPUTERS with 3 DIFFERENT Displayport and HDMI compatible monitors, each one with a different build ranging from budget to High spec. Same problems with my card installed in those machines.

2020/10/23 03:55:38
MAGZ1983
Hi, thanks CoolGTX, I spent the whole evening and part of the night following every step of that guide to no avail. Nobody has answered my ticket yet on EVGA support. Im stuck here with a 800 euros brick 
2020/10/28 03:16:32
MAGZ1983
Hi  guys, finally somene answered my ticket and points me to fullfill an RMA but  , im in need again, im Trying to fullfil the RMA process at EU EVGA, but i consistently get this error at the end of the process. Can anyone from support give it a shot please?

There has been an error while requesting your page, and our team has been notified.

The request from 81.38.209.194 at 2020-10-28 09:53:47 GMT for the URL /support/submitrma.asp cannot be served due to error 154 on the host eu.evga.com.

Attached Image(s)

2020/10/28 12:00:36
Sajin
Have you tried with a different web browser?
2020/10/29 02:54:50
MAGZ1983
Sajin
Have you tried with a different web browser?

yes, chrome, opera, firefox, Edge, and Explorer , same error always

Attached Image(s)

2020/10/29 11:19:33
Sajin
Sounds like you’ll need to call them on the phone.
2020/10/30 08:48:10
MAGZ1983
Sorry, calling is not an option. I would have to make an international call from Spain to someone who only talks german or so. Its an assumption, I know, but Im pretty sure they will link me again to the RMA page WHICH DOES NOT WORK. 

I dont want to sound rude, you have no fault for this. But this is starting to get on my nerves. Is there anyone from EVGA support here???

Attached Image(s)

2020/10/30 10:56:16
Sajin
I sent the us support team a e-mail letting them know you need help due to website errors.
2020/10/30 13:05:09
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello MAGZ1983! Sorry to hear about the issues with submitting the RMA. I have our EU and website teams looking further into this. It might take a couple of business days to follow up with you since we have to coordinate through different timezones, but if you have any questions, please e-mail us at webmaster@evga.com and we will be happy to help you. Also, please note that the forums are not an official support channel. But if you e-mail us at webmaster@evga.com we will be able to follow up.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account