2020/10/22 13:44:52
Miguell
MatthewAMEL

It looks like the card that AMD demoed when Zen3 was announced was the 6800XT which is the 72CU version of Big Navi 21.

Leaked Big Navi product stack shows an 80CU version.
https://videocardz.com/ne...21-xtx-gpu-with-80-cus

It looks like the 6900XT will be equal to a 3090.

say..... whoooot????

no way....  
2020/10/22 14:07:17
atfrico
MatthewAMEL

Additionally, the TSMC process is showing it's benefits in the OC headroom on the Big Navi cards. AIB's are getting 2.5GHz on air.

Personally, I'm left wondering what raytracing will look like on Big Navi and what their response is to DLSS. I would assume Raytracing is credible since both consoles are advertising RT in 4K@60fps.

All of this leads me to believe Ampere is not long for this world.

Very observant. Yes that is the reason why Nvidia went TSMC.
And yes, consoles alone are showing a great improvement in performance something that matches the 2080ti performance that alone speaks for itself., a console that cost half of the value
a GPU that cost $1,200.
This is why i believe Big NAVI will offer same performance with more memory and a slight cut in price.
I go by facts not by assumptions😼
2020/10/25 08:32:47
Nereus
atfrico
This is why i believe Big NAVI will offer same performance with more memory and a slight cut in price.

You literally just made an assumption, and then immediately claimed you go by facts not assumptions. Smh..

2020/10/25 09:11:15
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

You literally just made an assumption, and then immediately claimed you go by facts not assumptions. Smh..

It is not an assumption i made, come Wednesday you will see if it was
GO AMD GO!! bury them overpriced products and leave them in the dust
2020/10/25 09:14:10
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

It is not an assumption, come Wednesday you will see if it was
Nvidia shot itself in the foot by releasing a product that doesn't even meet consumer's demand, RIP short live launch and glory for the 300 series

2020/10/25 09:57:42
rjohnson11
atfrico
MatthewAMEL

Additionally, the TSMC process is showing it's benefits in the OC headroom on the Big Navi cards. AIB's are getting 2.5GHz on air.

Personally, I'm left wondering what raytracing will look like on Big Navi and what their response is to DLSS. I would assume Raytracing is credible since both consoles are advertising RT in 4K@60fps.

All of this leads me to believe Ampere is not long for this world.

Very observant. Yes that is the reason why Nvidia went TSMC.
And yes, consoles alone are showing a great improvement in performance something that matches the 2080ti performance that alone speaks for itself., a console that cost half of the value
a GPU that cost $1,200.

The facts are that NVIDIA's Ampere GPUs are made by Samsung and not TSMC
2020/10/25 10:08:34
Nereus
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

It is not an assumption i made, come Wednesday you will see if it was

Not too smart are you. Maybe you need it explained. It's not Wednesday yet, therefore it's an assumption. Might be correct, might not, but it's still an assumption, Mr. "I go by facts not by assumptions".. lmao  ..keep digging yourself deeper.

2020/10/25 11:10:42
atfrico
rjohnson11

I don't sympathize for a company that charges premium prices, just like Intel, on their products and on top of all, brags about making more money than the competition, if you can't meet the demand.
Simply put, probably most companies dont like how Nvidia does things and is starting to show. 
2020/10/25 12:03:21
rjohnson11
atfrico
rjohnson11

I don't sympathize for a company that charges premium prices, just like Intel, on their products and on top of all, brags about making more money than the competition, if you can't meet the demand.
Simply put, probably most companies dont like how Nvidia does things and is starting to show. 

The prices for the RTX 3080 this year have been very good for a next gen product. Personally I'd like to see lower pricing on the RTX 3090. When you start mass producing GPUs at smaller die shrinks there are bound to be issues at first with quality and quantity. Rumor has it that AMD's top next gen GPU will also not be available in large quantity according to internet rumors. NVIDIA is still top dog in GPU performance but they have a lot of work to do to keep producing larger quantities of ampere GPUs. 
2020/10/30 10:10:38
MasterMiner
7nm is still a very, VERY tough etch.... I’m guessing yields aren’t quite what is being made public. Price for 7nm fab in any device is still astronomical.

As for 20gb of memory... completely unnecessary for gaming. Other use cases for high memory cards, but gaming isn’t one of them.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account