2020/10/21 09:08:15
EVGA_JacobF
Important update 3/19/21:
Newer EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA cards will be shipping with the XOC BIOS already loaded on the secondary position. The below BIOS should ONLY be installed if your card DID NOT already have it applied.

We have a new BIOS that increases the maximum Power Target. This BIOS is only intended for the extreme overclocking user and does not have any other changes. Please note the following:

• This update will increase the power consumption while overclocking, and is recommended you have adequate cooling and power (850w+ Gold minimum) when using this.
  • EVGA does not guarantee any performance increase or overclock while using this BIOS update.

Any other questions or concerns will be answered in this forum thread only. Please post below your results and feedback!

BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
  • Extract the files to a location on disk.
  • Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
  • Press "Y" to begin the update.
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
  • After update, restart PC.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 - Updated 4/5/21 with Resizable BAR Versions. Important: If your card ALREADY came with the XOC BIOS in the secondary position, do not apply these updates:

NOTE: There are 2 BIOS's, one is for the BIOS when switched to the normal stock position, the other if switched to the OC position

If you wish to go back to the Default BIOS you can find them below:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA Default BIOS - BIOS 1 (Normal) | BIOS 2 (OC)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Default BIOS - BIOS 1 (Normal) | BIOS 2 (OC)
2020/10/21 09:09:23
arestavo
WOOOOOOOOOO! Testing now.

EDIT to consolidate some information about RMAing the 3090 FTW3 Ultra for those with power load balancing issues (low overall power draw, even on the 500W XOC VBIOS):
EVGA_JacobF
Hi everyone,

We have an update regarding the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA (24G-P5-3987-KR). If you have this specific card and are using the XOC BIOS BETA update and not seeing ideal overclocking results please send an email to 3090OC@evga.com for more details. Please make sure your card is registered first, and if you have screenshots of your max wattage under load and list of applications/games used this will help as well when emailing.

Thanks,
EVGA

EVGA_JacobF
If you had an RMA before that post, it is not a part of this new card replacement program procedure. The cards in this new program will not START shipping until next week in US.

EVGA_JacobF
andressergio
EVGA_JacobF
If you had an RMA before that post, it is not a part of this new card replacement program procedure. The cards in this new program will not START shipping until next week in US.

Jaboc how will be outside US? I live in Uruguay South America and bought it in the Official EVGA Distributor here, I can't send it from here to US as Customs Rules and to recieve it Customs will charge me ALL the taxes like a new card, there's no way of doing this direct to US for that I'm asking. Thank You!

It will ship from the closest region when the product is available, you can send a mail to 3090oc@evga.com to set it up.

EVGA_JacobF
cerealkeller
I never RMA’d my card but I’m not happy with it as is due to the power balancing issues with the PCIE and 8 pin #3 for me. Can I RMA my card for one of the new ones?

Yes, send a mail to 3090oc@evga.com

EVGA_JacobF
Thanks for clarifying Jacob, and you are confident that all of the RMA cards that will start shipping in a week will have fully resolved the underlying power balance issue? Also will you be allowing a second RMA for any that still experience the issue with the replacement cards?

If second RMA is needed we can work on a case by case basis, but I would be very surprised if a second would be needed for this particular symptom. Of course if anything else were to go wrong the card has full warranty.

EVGA_JacobF
Luigi408
Hi @EVGA_JacobF, will this expand later on to cover the 3090 Hybrid Ultras as well? Just wondering if us 3090 Hybrid Ultra owners will eventually be covered. My guess it will take some time to get the final product out with the fixes + hybrid not being as popular as the regular cards doesn’t help either. Thanks.

It will expanding to include all 3090 "FTW3" cards. HYBRID, HC, etc.

2020/10/21 09:11:47
BaccaBoss
What does this bios increase the power target to? 3080 FTW Beta was 450W, I would imagine this is 500W?
2020/10/21 09:14:17
Jolly9612
My 1600W power supply is looking for 3090 FTW3 to come home, anyone have seen him? 
Thank you 
2020/10/21 09:16:59
lemuth80
Let us know how high the target is
2020/10/21 09:19:38
ehabash1
Cant wait until work is over so i can test this
2020/10/21 09:19:41
arestavo
500 watts for the OC beta VBIOS! 119% power target - screenshot in a sec...

2020/10/21 09:22:37
vgerik1234
3090 FTW3 - OC BIOS - No display adapters were found that are compatible with this update.

All monitoring software is turned off. Using Nvidia 456.98 (Latest hotfix). Windows 20H2 update (the one that came out within past 24 hours).

Edit: Looks like BIOS is ONLY for Ultra (3987 part number) ATM.
2020/10/21 09:22:38
Sajin
Cool. Kingpin should be 580 to 600w. 😁
2020/10/21 09:23:14
JZegers
Can we leave the normal bios the lower power target and just flash the OC bios?  So basically we have a switch normal (low power) OC (new high power)?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account