2020/10/21 08:28:58
Mapolzeon
Hey everyone,
I am from Slovenia and according to the  my country is eligible for Step-Up. 
EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of EU and EEA Countries, Switzerland, the United States (not including outlying territories), and Canada.
Slovenia is part of European Union, therefore as a resident of EU I am eligible.
But just to make sure that I am eligible I googled "evga step up eu countries" and the first hit was this sub-page: eu .evga. com/eligible-countries/ (remove spaces, icannot post links yet)
Slovenia is not on that list, so now I don't know what to make of this. There is no link to that sub-page on .

Can you please clarify if I am eligible for the Step-Up.

I recently started to develop an application based on CUDA. Few days ago my GPU died on me. I was planing to wait and buy RTX 3070 but with all that stock shortages I realized the development of my application would be severely delayed. Now I am considering buying one of EVGAs RTX20xx and apply for a Step-Up when RTX 3070 becomes available.

Thanks for your help!
2020/10/23 03:26:37
jazst
I'm from Slovenia, too, and I just got my RTX 2070 Super from Amazon.de, registered it and tried to apply for a step-up, but got the following message:

Unfortunately, StepUp program is not available for your country at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact EVGA Support  with any questions or concerns.

What gives, EVGA? Slovenia has been a part of the EU for 16 years now, and your T&Cs say step-up is available to residents of EU countries, so Slovenia should be supported as well.

2020/10/23 03:33:59
toncij
I believe and it's being rumored EVGA is allegedly silently disabling step-up for Europe as they're abandoning the market in general. The queue system is also not offered to European customers, for a reason it seems.

(The web denied step up for me too and I'm in Germany.)
2020/10/23 03:37:22
jazst
toncij
I believe and it's being rumored EVGA is allegedly silently disabling step-up for Europe as they're abandoning the market in general. The queue system is also not offered to European customers, for a reason it seems.

Awesome. Good thing I bought the card from Amazon and they extended the return window until 31 January 2021, or I'd be screwed.
2020/10/23 03:42:18
toncij
jazst
toncij

Awesome. Good thing I bought the card from Amazon and they extended the return window until 31 January 2021, or I'd be screwed.

I'm emailing support today to clear it up before I return my card. I don't like the looks of it: silence for EU queue system, no stock, no Step-Up... doesn't look good to me.
2020/10/23 03:44:06
jazst
toncij
jazst
toncij

I'm emailing support today to clear it up before I return my card. I don't like the looks of it: silence for EU queue system, no stock, no Step-Up... doesn't look good to me.

Yeah, I'm emailing them as well, since I can't purchase an extended warranty either because PayPal throws an error while loading the redirected page. Good luck!
2020/10/23 03:52:06
toncij
jazst
toncij
jazst
toncij

Yeah, I'm emailing them as well, since I can't purchase an extended warranty either because PayPal throws an error while loading the redirected page. Good luck!

Same thing. PayPal is throwing errors out for Croatia, Slovenia... EVGA seems to have decided to reshape the EU on their own. 

2020/10/27 03:22:42
Yhiirt
i'd like to know if it works in italy, but so far no replies yet.
2020/10/27 03:26:35
toncij
EVGA support is probably overwhelmed with the work. They'll hopefully fix it all.
2020/10/27 03:44:58
Mapolzeon
I have send the EVGA support mail for clarification but no answers yet.
However the step up subpage with the list of eligible countries has been since updated -   eu .evga. com/eligible-countries/ (remove the spaces, I cannot post links yet )
And guess what Slovenia is added!
I guess they just forgot to update it...
Here is the new list:

List of Eligible European / Non-EU Countries

Here is a list of European / Non-EU countries eligible for shipping from the EVGA EU Online Store, EVGA, the EVGA Extended Warranty Program, and the EVGA Step-Up Program. If you are interested in any of the above programs, please first verify that your country is on this list:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary