2020/10/21 05:35:59
aka_STEVE_b
AMD being proactive about the new card release and discouraging scalpers.....

https://www.dsogaming.com...rx-6000-series-rdna-2/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-issues-guidelines-to-retailers-to-prevent-radeon-rx-6000-scalping

https://www.techpowerup.com/273610/amd-issues-anti-scalping-guidelines-to-retailers-for-radeon-rx-6000-and-ryzen-5000-launches

AMD in a letter to its retail partners issued guidelines to prevent scalping of the kind that affected the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-series "Ampere" launch. The letter, leaked to the web by RedGamingTech, calls for measures such as real-time bot detection, complex CAPTCHA implementations (such as math, pictures, etc), a queue-based reservation system; manual processing of online orders, minimizing B2B re-selling to ensure sales to private individuals (end-users), and dynamic inventory.

2020/10/21 06:41:01
atfrico
😎👍.
Not bad for a company that doesn't have that much money right🙄
2020/10/21 07:40:14
veganfanatic
Given SLI and CFX are nominally last year's technology I will ignore 8K gaming for now.

So one card per person is reasonable.

My NewEgg bookmark for RTX 3000 cards continues to be zilch. So hopefully the RX 6000 cards are not as pathetic.
2020/10/21 08:48:46
castrator86
veganfanatic
My NewEgg bookmark for RTX 3000 cards continues to be zilch. So hopefully the RX 6000 cards are not as pathetic.

Same. I can't believe how absolute $H1+ this launch has been.
2020/10/21 10:46:19
rjohnson11
Of course scalpers will try to find a way to circumvent the security. 
2020/10/21 11:15:07
Hoggle
AMD has had a long history of preventing resellers of the AMD cards. It’s called a lack of interest from gamers. I honestly don’t see them as having a great card in the last about 12-13 years that would pull me away from NVIDIA.

Of course that could change in the future but this generation I don’t see them beating a 3080 so it’s kind of a moot point what they do to prevent bots and resellers. It looks good on paper but the rush to get the cards from NVIDIA is based on the long history of the graphics card leader in the industry.
2020/10/21 20:25:05
ReZpawN
i saw some comments from people who work for those companies and they said those guidelines are never followed 
2020/10/21 20:58:10
Hoggle
ReZpawN
i saw some comments from people who work for those companies and they said those guidelines are never followed 

Do you think retail workers care or read them? I mean sure at the corporate level sure but the people working at the stores don’t care. It’s not like they plan to retire from a job at Best Buy.
2020/10/22 08:00:14
ReZpawN
Hoggle
ReZpawN

Do you think retail workers care or read them? I mean sure at the corporate level sure but the people working at the stores don’t care. It’s not like they plan to retire from a job at Best Buy.

yeah i work in retail but there isnt anything we can do since managers dont care, we have people coming in and buying boxes of funko pops, limited edition controllers or consoles, cant do anything to stop them since if i tell them no then they will complain to a manager and you just get written up
2020/10/22 08:26:04
aka_STEVE_b
True , that everything in person relies on the human factor ... but as I posted in the other thread,

AMD announced a few things to help their launch , at least.
 We will see if it does anything.... but at least it was a good P.R. move ahead of time.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account