2020/10/22 11:49:11
Sanctuary
3D Mark hates this driver.
Anyway, I don't know if it's specifically a driver issue, but with the driver before this one, as soon as I installed it, my screen went black and no amount of restarting the PC would fix it.  I had to use another PC that was connected to it to get to the desktop, and then switch inputs to the other PC with the 3080 to actually hit the desktop, as though there was some kind of handshaking issue.  I also had an issue where after restarting the PC with the 3080, my monitor had a bunch of oscillating green lines in the middle of the screen (which was new), and then after installing the drivers with the hotfix, instead of green lines, I would get a bunch of segmented red lines.  Only had this monitor for about six months, but I've never had any issues like that until swapping to a new card.
2020/10/27 21:07:23
Nasbor5
Sanctuary
Anyway, I don't know if it's specifically a driver issue, but with the driver before this one, as soon as I installed it, my screen went black and no amount of restarting the PC would fix it.  I had to use another PC that was connected to it to get to the desktop, and then switch inputs to the other PC with the 3080 to actually hit the desktop, as though there was some kind of handshaking issue.  I also had an issue where after restarting the PC with the 3080, my monitor had a bunch of oscillating green lines in the middle of the screen (which was new), and then after installing the drivers with the hotfix, instead of green lines, I would get a bunch of segmented red lines.  Only had this monitor for about six months, but I've never had any issues like that until swapping to a new card.

i have big problems with my new EVGA card as well. ive hooked it up to an LG Oled and a 144hz 1440p monitor and sometimes the screens go out completely (green lines appearing briefly on the OLED) and then 2 seconds later they switch back on. and sometimes my mouse freezes and the screens go out and dont come back on - only restarting the PC helps.
2020/10/28 02:28:02
Sixtus23
That issue is already known.
LG has made a statement for short term and long term fixes.

short term: run 4k/60 fps
2020/10/28 09:15:43
jankerson
Sanctuary

Yeah, we need new drivers so solve various issues.

Still getting black screens every now and then, driver reloading, goes black and the driver reloads then back to normal.

That's just using the machine, not when gaming, doesn't happen when gaming etc.

So yeah they still have some glitches to work out.

2020/10/28 14:49:27
DarkTAO
My system was at idle. Black Screen and 1 display never recovered. I'm at stock clocks. My EVGA Supernova 850 T2 PSU is a year old...

Waiting on the world's slowest nvidia downloads to go through. I really hope I didn't smell what I think I did.. the smell that my old rig with that bad 1080 had before the GPU died. No, neither system shared any parts with this system before anyone asks. 4770k DDR3 build vs this. All new internals that can handle this without issue. 
2020/11/21 20:25:12
mindsignals
Jankerson, did you ever find a fix? This is the exact problem we are seeing. Hasn't happened in games, but at the desktop, it randomly keeps occurring...don't even have to be in a video or anything. 
2020/11/21 20:26:33
jankerson
mindsignals
Jankerson, did you ever find a fix? This is the exact problem we are seeing. Hasn't happened in games, but at the desktop, it randomly keeps occurring...don't even have to be in a video or anything. 

Disabled hardware acceleration in the browser.
2020/11/21 20:27:03
arestavo
mindsignals

Try setting the Nvidia Control Panel's 3D Setting's power management to "Prefer Maximum Performance" instead of "Optimal Power." It's just a work around, but it should help at the cost of the card not downclocking when idle.
2020/11/22 01:45:39
mindsignals
arestavo
mindsignals

Try setting the Nvidia Control Panel's 3D Setting's power management to "Prefer Maximum Performance" instead of "Optimal Power." It's just a work around, but it should help at the cost of the card not downclocking when idle.

It still black screened even after i tried that setting, I think the card itself is bad and may be from the bunch of bad capacitors I've heard about. I've created a support ticket and hopefully they will get in touch for a exchange, unless you got any other ideas.
2020/11/22 01:47:32
mindsignals
jankerson
mindsignals

Disabled hardware acceleration in the browser.

What browser are you talking about?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account