2020/10/20 01:09:17
Drwaffles
I've been hanging out for this for weeks now!
2020/10/20 01:28:24
notarjy
Interesting results, no gaming numbers. We will have to see if hardware unboxed will compare how the increased power and more stable clocks effects in game performance
2020/10/20 01:43:54
Drwaffles
notarjy
Interesting results, no gaming numbers. We will have to see if hardware unboxed will compare how the increased power and more stable clocks effects in game performance

Tech power up did include numbers as well as the OC settings, so at least there's that.
2020/10/20 01:45:26
Zone15
I wonder why the FTW3 drops to lower clocks with the same temps and a high power target?
2020/10/20 01:50:21
bee144
Let's face it, we buy a GPU to play games. Why didn't Steve include real world data from games? Let us see if the extra couple of hundred for the FTW3 is actually worth it.
2020/10/20 02:12:21
Huntercyril
Finally a Jesus review !! Yaaay ! As for games FPS, that doesn't really matter as custom cards should be within range with one or two more FPS unless you unleash power limit and all. I'm more interested in temperature, noise, fan speed, comparison with MSI Gaming X Trio / TUF / Strix (later maybe ?) in all those aspects. Going to watch now then I'll come back to give my 2 cents.

PS : While buying a custom was worth it for more FPS in the previous generations, GamersNexus told already in multiple videos when speaking of the 3080 that you don't really buy a 3080 custom for more FPS but for ease of life (lower temperature, better cooling system, RGB, design, etc) as they'll be within range from one to each other. The 3080 is already very limited in power and increasing the power limit will not yield that much more results in gaming (some more FPS but probably not that much worth talking about).

Edit : Ok. Seems I'm going to go for a TUF then if I can. It might be a lower power consumption so a couples of FPS less maybe but the cooler just destroys the FTW3 when  power consumption is relatively the same with noise normalized, so there's no possible error there. Can't believe the FTW3 cooler isn't better... Come on guys that's the TUF ! These guys had trouble with their latest previous cards... 
2020/10/20 02:41:45
Lokius81
I kinda feel bad now that i canceld a TUF that i could have gotten by now for a FTW3 that i might not get till 2021 here in Europe.
The noise/thermals are really unimpressive compared to a much cheaper card.
2020/10/20 02:58:34
jilljill2002
interesting.

according to the review, in normal situation (not OC),
my 3080ftw3 ultra is more expensive, use more power, hotter,
but with lower clock frequency when compare with TUF and Eagle

Yet I have to admit that it is the easiest 3080 we can get in manufacturer retail price
and its excellent warranty in the market.
2020/10/20 03:24:35
jamexr
Zone15
I wonder why the FTW3 drops to lower clocks with the same temps and a high power target?

Lower but more stable. The other ones have higher but those are spikes and are all over the place. If you want steady good FPS you need steady clocks.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account