2020/10/20 12:54:01
wmarples
Through the queue system, unless a large influx of cards hits soon, it's not likely.  Your best bet would be to go ahead and jump in but also keep an eye on retailers.  Multiple sources have stated that there is no significant difference in FPS between the different models, so unless you are wanting a specific one for aesthetics or extreme overclocking grab the first thing you can get ahold of. 
2020/10/20 15:28:49
R3L3NTL3SS
elios
depends word is slow boats should be here this week or next and flood gates will open. right now seems whats been going it whats coming over via air shipping.

I reallly wish someone at EVGA would confirm if this is true or a rumor that's getting a lot of people's hopes up for nothing.
2020/10/21 17:11:14
Sm0key72
elios
depends word is slow boats should be here this week or next and flood gates will open. right now seems whats been going it whats coming over via air shipping.

I've ever the same rumors.  Over 300,000 NVIDIA cards will be flooding the market just in time to make sure AMD doesn't take any market share.  That's good news for all of us wanting one before CP2077 releases.
2020/10/21 17:23:27
R3L3NTL3SS
Sm0key72
elios

I've ever the same rumors.  Over 300,000 NVIDIA cards will be flooding the market just in time to make sure AMD doesn't take any market share.  That's good news for all of us wanting one before CP2077 releases.

If its actually true.
2020/10/21 17:42:27
Cableguy696969
If thats true, imagine how the people who bought 3080 for $1500 on ebay will feel...yikes
2020/10/22 01:47:31
Gogod2020
Hoggle
At least EVGA has the queue system so it's worth seeing. If not Christmas it would be pretty soon after I would think.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think that we are going to sit and wait for when EVGA decides to make a queue system for EU which will ultimately be used to justify absurd delays. The whole failure started with the poscaps and deviating from the FE (which is unheard of for a company whose name equals N V I D I A) and then they must have really loved the scalper cash flowing in because we all know how hard it is to add a damn captcha.

We have prepaid and preordered from retailers and this company doesn't even seem to care to address the fact that many people can't or don't want to use PAYPAL or whatever.

As soon as I find a TUF/MSI/Gigabyte I'm done trying besides Im not the kind of guy who will sit and watch their tower all day long I just need to do stuff with the machinery.
2020/10/22 04:11:06
sirputput
Honestly it's worth a shot. No harm in giving it a go and hopefully supply starts to improve soon
2020/10/22 06:12:58
Dabadger84
Unfortunately, due to NVidia moving at the speed of slug production wise, it's pretty unlikely if you entered queue today that you'd get a card by Christmas in my opinion.  From what I understand the first day of the notify queue was huge, just like the Step Up queue is.  I would assume they're going to start pushing out the step up queue once they start getting more caught up on the Notify Me queue, but who knows.
They also have to start to allocate at least some of the incoming binned GPUs for the upcoming FTW3 Hybrid & HydroCopper cards (not to mention the K|ngp|n ones), since those are set to higher default clocks, and it's possible that will result in even less FTW3 Ultras per-batch, because of the lack of overall supply from NVidia to begin with.

I mean, it's worth a shot to enter the queue & see what happens, it's possible some people will cancel their notify me when the RX6000-series is released/reviewed (unlikely, but possible) and that would push you up in queue.

I'm just hoping they do the queue for the FTW3 Hybrid as well, I really want to get one of those & ditch this air cooled card... it runs great, but the whole "venting hot air right at me" thing is something I'm not used to, haven't had an AIB air cooled card in waaaaaaay too long.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, most indications via leaks etc are that production is going to continue to be at a crawl until well in to 2021, both because of rona & other reasons.
2020/10/25 15:38:14
NewValaric
racer76916
My son and I are building his first gaming/streaming computer. I’m holding out for any 3080 and was hoping to get one before Christmas to finish it. Does anyone think that’s possible?

Thanks for any replies

It's always worth a shot to enter the queue. My point of view is to never lose hope. BUT do not bet your house on it. Look at any NVIDIA card right now like a surprise, if you receive it, then you won; if not, it was par with the course.

As for assembling the PC, I would put it off for a while yet. Only schedule it after you know your card is on the way.
2020/10/28 19:14:23
racer76916
Thank you guys, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for any 3080. I’m going to set up auto notify during the launch of any 3070 tomorrow.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account