2020/10/20 04:12:51
degenerate
Wow that price is bat****.
2020/10/20 04:21:04
Huntercyril
Almost half the price of the card  That's basically the textbook definition of an early adopter tax for a product. Don't buy, unless you REALLY NEED one right now (because you're that impatient or for more other valid reasons like going on a trip for some time and needing that piece of mind) and can't wait days or weeks to see other blocks available that will cost half if not a third of the price.
2020/10/20 04:21:15
chumeniuk
I'm sure it's much nicer than an EK block but that doesn't mean it will perform twice as good.  
2020/10/20 04:43:26
sparetimepc
Pretty cashy for sure.
2020/10/20 04:56:36
Hillguy
Oh come on $400.00 US for a water block that works out to $527.47 Cdn + shipping + customs +  that's just stupid

I bet you guys Nate could make them cheaper than that
2020/10/20 06:31:57
ehabash1
okay but you have to understand that card is entirely copper plated Nickle and is extremely thick and beefy. They also come with a full size thermal pad, like a massive sheet which can easily cost $100 if you buy that on your own.
If you get the pure copper with thin backplate it will be $308 total with backplate included. The started out with beefy xl backplate and pro XE Nickle (make sure to check out the process on that much better than standard nickle) because they released the max enthusiast version first

You get what you pay for. Gamers nexus got 8 C over ambient even after shunt modding.... To get that kind of thermal performance with such high power consumption is amazing and unheard of.

I already have an optimus cpu block in its own 420mm loop and the temps blow anything and everything out the water (pun intended )

2020/10/20 06:35:48
dragomirc
Any AIO for 3080?
I have NZXT Kraken 62(not in use) and 72 (in use for CPU)
LOL I still do not have a 3080 card.
2020/10/20 06:37:39
irakandjii
Dang sold out lol ... I can't win
2020/10/20 06:52:07
Sixtus23
dragomirc
Any AIO for 3080?
I have NZXT Kraken 62(not in use) and 72 (in use for CPU)
LOL I still do not have a 3080 card.

An Eisbaer-2 3080 version with a 360 rad, quick release AND variable pump speeds is in the works.
Like anybody else they want to bring it out before the big holiday season, if possible.

Oh Eisbaer ...you had me at "variable pump speeds"

2020/10/20 07:32:02
Hillguy
ehabash1
okay but you have to understand that card is entirely copper plated Nickle and is extremely thick and beefy. They also come with a full size thermal pad, like a massive sheet which can easily cost $100 if you buy that on your own.
If you get the pure copper with thin backplate it will be $308 total with backplate included. The started out with beefy xl backplate and pro XE Nickle (make sure to check out the process on that much better than standard nickle) because they released the max enthusiast version first
You get what you pay for. Gamers nexus got 8 C over ambient even after shunt modding.... To get that kind of thermal performance with such high power consumption is amazing and unheard of.
I already have an optimus cpu block in its own 420mm loop and the temps blow anything and everything out the water (pun intended )

I agree .. "you get what you pay for is right , I just don't believe in overpaying" , I like the "Bang for your Buck Approach" Anyhooo .....  With every new series comes NEW designs and Lots of new sales buzzwords , I just hate to see the PRICE GOUGING that's going on these days and people getting ripped off by the hype."

This is just a taste of what EK has in store ( Pun Intended )   They also have Thick Copper and complete coverage for HALF the price , Do you really think it's half the waterblock ??  

Quote : " EK-Quantum Vector RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB water block is compatible with most reference design (not Founders Edition) GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards. It is purpose-designed with a much thicker copper base to clear the tall capacitors on most reference design graphics cards. This gives the water block the advantage of having a wider compatibility list, without sacrificing any coolant flow restriction.
The Vector water block directly cools the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as a cooling liquid is channeled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with MOSFETs and chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine.
These newly developed water blocks feature optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. Additionally, this new design allows the terminal to be screwed directly onto the copper cold plate of the GPU block, making it more rigid and reducing the chances of damaging the water block. "

Source : see below.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-acetal $169.99 ( in stock )

https://www.ekwb.com/shop...090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi $174.99 ( in stock )

https://www.ekwb.com/shop...3080-3090-copper-plexi $159.99 ( in Stock )

Probably sold out by now

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account