2020/10/19 12:16:40
jawalbert77
Since the que system started the only emails going out have been for the top FTW# ultra card and now this week its the xc3 ultra emails and ftw32 ultras still going out all the lower end cards going to retailers? i dont know the FTW3 gaming has had no emails and no sight of emails to come there have been tons of people tweeting about it i dont know the process the cards get made in but seeing evga cards out in the wild bought from other sites they are mostly lower cards i could just be overthinking things since i have waited years to upgrade gpu still on a 1070ti i upgraded everything but it preparing for the 30 series and i love evga period just hope those of us who qued for the lower spec cards to save money will get a card soon i should have just auto notified for every card but just did it to the cards i really wanted then weeks later added the top end cards when noticed they were only emails going out and everyone else did it as well go look at the graph of sign ups for cards the FTW3 ultra jumped after only that sku getting sent out. im not writing this to throw shade because others are already saying it im just hoping it helps get more lower end cards made for everyone its all love trust me  
2020/10/19 13:38:38
MunneY
Well

There is a price premium for the top tier cards which more than likely means, they are making more per card.

With that information... why do you think they are producing them?
2020/10/19 14:01:59
justin_43
I wonder /s
2020/10/19 14:05:53
jawalbert77
like i said i love evga and will wait for my email regardless just feels like what i typed and read on twitter and stuff 
2020/10/19 14:22:58
riku98523
Thing is if like all of their silicon can hit ftw3 clocks it only makes sense to produce those first. Not just from a profit standpoint, but from a waste standpoint. It would be a huge waste to build lower end cards if all the silicon they are getting from Nvidia is coming in at high quality. Especially with the GPU demand right now.

If we assume most are hitting 1800 then they may only be producing 1 lower end per 4, 5 or maybe even 20 high end cards.

Evga can't guarantee they'll get 1800 clocking silicon forever so they have to put it in the high end cards or next year they might not be able to produce the high end ones.

Maybe they'll add another sku between the two eventually if they are finding it hard to produce the lower end ones.
2020/10/19 14:31:29
jawalbert77
i kinda understand the binning process from watching a msi tour of there gpu facility. i guess for me its just i waited for the 30 series launch to upgrade and have saved the money to do it and cant get a damn card anywhere i have resigned to waiting on an email from evga cause i believe in there customer service for all they have done since this launch i just want a card so i can get back to gaming and streaming 
2020/10/19 15:16:14
justin_43
jawalbert77
i kinda understand the binning process from watching a msi tour of there gpu facility. i guess for me its just i waited for the 30 series launch to upgrade and have saved the money to do it and cant get a damn card anywhere i have resigned to waiting on an email from evga cause i believe in there customer service for all they have done since this launch i just want a card so i can get back to gaming and streaming 

It's just that most chips will hit the clocks for FTW3 cards so it makes sense for them to sell those cards in higher quantity at first. People are desperate for any card so they are more willing to pay more right now. We are all in the same boat as you. Not many people can get a card. I sold my 2080 Ti and cannot wait to get back to gaming too. My main system has no card at all right now. It's just that they don't have enough cards at all let alone enough to satisfy every SKU. Quite frankly I cannot believe how few cards they actually have shipped so far. I thought they would have shipments of hundreds of cards every few days but I guess my assumptions were way off. It's Nvidia trying to beat AMD to the punch with marketing so they announced the cards way before they should have to do a proper launch.
2020/10/19 15:25:49
Nereus

Looks like nothing has gone out today except a few cards that were possibly unclaimed from Friday and were reassigned today to the next on the notify list. That is a far cry from the supposed ramping up of production we were led to believe was happening this week. Getting a little difficult to try to stay positive... 

I'm also a little concerned about the increasing issues people appear to be having with these cards when they received them. Are NVidia rushing past QC in order to just get cards out the door to meet even a small percentage of the demand?

Thanks NVidia.

2020/10/19 15:31:35
fofal
Nvidia lie so much i hope they get sued some how lol
2020/10/19 15:43:25
jawalbert77
i just dont understand the little amount of inventory actually getting to customers with all the AIB partners and last year msi was making 1 million cards a month of different sku's i know each year is different but it doesnt seem as if there are even hundreds of cards getting sold monthly even if the data we see from the google doc is only 25% reporting its still such a low quantity of sku's going out and only top end for each kind of card 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account