2020/10/24 02:49:14
Dabadger84
Yikes.  Seems there's a quality control issue with the 3090 eh?  Maybe it's like one batch was bad or something.  Hopefully it's not a truly widespread issue because that would mean people waiting to get one are going to have to wait even longer, if it's not an issue they can "fix" in a hurry & return the card to you... and if said users have Advanced RMA... how will that even work right now when 3090s are so scarce? lol
I feel bad for anyone that spent this much on GPU just to have a power-plug issue so soon... especially if their PSU is not to blame, which it's sounding like that's not the issue.  Hopefully it is something as simple as a power plug on the GPU being bad, that should be an easy fix.  If it's a power circuitry issue RIP supply for a while.

As an aside to the original poster: what is the PSU this happened with & have you tried a different, more powerful one, to insure the PSU isn't the issue?  Even if it's a quality unit, depending on it's age, parts do degrade over time, especially PSU components.

One of the reasons I buy eVGA whenever I can is their customer service & ease of the RMA service.  I've never had an RMA with another company go as smooth as they do with eVGA, save the occasional return I do with Amazon, which is about as easy.
2020/10/24 04:50:59
DCowdery
My 3090 FTW3 had the same issue. I had to RMA it, my new card took over a week to be shipped (my new card arrives Monday, October 27th), after the bad card arrived at EVGA. The Customer Service people at EVGA were fantastic, I told them what happened (card shut off, then a red led light on the card on the far right power connector) and EVGA immediately RMA'd the card. I did let know know I troubleshooted, and I had an adequate Power Supply (Corsair 850i Platinum).

This shut down/red light does appear to be an issue with a small amount of 3090 cards. EVGA is doing everything possible to fix the issue by RMA'ing the Cards and shipping out replacements. It does take awhile to get the replacement due to the shortage of cards however.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my new card works and does not have the same issue happen again.
2020/10/24 06:13:32
IanJay
Same exact issue happened to my 3090 XC3 ULTRA... Currently in the RMA process. They are set to receive my dead card on Monday. I'm a little bummed to hear the replacement could take long to be shipped out to me.. 😔
2020/10/24 06:24:23
DCowdery
IanJay
Same exact issue happened to my 3090 XC3 ULTRA... Currently in the RMA process. They are set to receive my dead card on Monday. I'm a little bummed to hear the replacement could take long to be shipped out to me.. 😔

Sorry you got bit by the 3090 Red Light "Bug"... They may have more cards in, that is why they were able to ship to me on Friday, Oct 23. I had to wait a total of 9 days from the date they got my card, until they shipped the new one. I am hoping you get your card ASAP... you may get lucky. Take care and good luck!
2020/10/24 06:28:02
I'm  glad I am far on the list, hopefully by the time I'm ready this what ever is will be sort it out. I wouldn't want to a receive card that brakes all of the sudden, I know there is no guaranty with  any given card, but this seem more of similar issue among few people and potentially receiving someone else's defect that was repaired..not good

I'm wondering if other board partners e.g. asus, msi, facing similar issue, if this is something EVGA overlooked while putting this card together, or its among all 3000 cards
2020/10/24 06:35:49
IanJay
Thanks bro 🤞
2020/10/25 04:33:41
a3britton
Was playing games and this has also just happened to me. Within the last hour. Everything shut off all at once, rebooted to a black screen. I immediately noticed the red light on the 8 pin closest to the GPU die itself.

Shut the PC down. Reseated cable. No go.
Switched around 8 pins from. Mid to the left. Still have a red light on the same 8 pin.
Pull all 8 pins, reseat all in different places, still same red light lit.
Remove card entirely, reseat everything. No go.

Test old 2080. Its fine works no problem. 1000w PSU btw.

Card bricked? Burned up? I can't say what's wrong. But it's not my system.
2020/10/25 04:41:32
IanJay
It's most likely bricked..i had the same issue as you. Card was working perfectly for a week and out of nowhere pc shuts down and when I try to reboot I get a red light on the card with no image on the monitor. I tried everything you did including testing my old 1080ti and it worked perfectly..i even bought a new 1000 watt platinum psu thinking my older 850 watt gold psu that was the issue and it still wouldn't post.. Call evga and start the RMA process. Sorry man, I know this sucks.
2020/10/25 05:20:47
a3britton
Indeed. This does suck. Well I painted the red accents on my shroud already so I guess I'll know if they send me a new card or fix this one!

Hope it all goes smooth. Thanks to everyone in the forum helping out. This eases my mind after spending 1799 on this thing.
2020/10/25 05:27:17
IanJay
Good luck man! Evga customer service has been great so far so you shouldn't run into any problems starting the RMA process.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account