2020/10/17 06:47:54
nycx360
liud21
Imagine, dropping $1400 for a card on ebay only to be meet with this problem.... Lol

Been on ebay for 13 years. That would automatically be a sellers problem. Ebay buyer return fraud is rampant. Regardless of seller return policy, or ebay policies. 

Per topic. For all of those thinking this is going to be a widespread issue, slow your roll. People with issues are the loudest. It's not representative of the whole. 

Well, it definitely starting to look like "whole". You have several people with exactly the same issue, considering only few cards were sold.
2020/10/17 06:52:52
nycx360
AWK16
nycx360
liud21
Imagine, dropping $1400 for a card on ebay only to be meet with this problem.... Lol

Been on ebay for 13 years. That would automatically be a sellers problem. Ebay buyer return fraud is rampant. Regardless of seller return policy, or ebay policies. 

Per topic. For all of those thinking this is going to be a widespread issue, slow your roll. People with issues are the loudest. It's not representative of the whole. 

Well, it definitely starting to look like "whole". You don't have several people with exactly the same issue, considering only few cards were sold and we see this already 

I am willing to say there are quite a bit of 3080 Ultras out there. The que sold is representative of a small fraction of what's out there. They have shipped from newegg, amazon, best buy, microcenter instore just in the US. Heck its actually easier to get a ftw3 80 and 90 waiting outside a microcenter than it is on que. I know of a few that were sold yesterday at a one MC locally out of the 5 around me. 
2020/10/17 06:54:33
Its a bit alarming, that's all. I am actually glad I'm far in queue, we'll see how this will progress.
2020/10/17 08:01:06
riku98523
I've had my ftw3 for a few weeks now and everything was fine until this morning when I had two pc crashes and windows said it wasn't allowed to access graphics hardware. Not too be alarmist though as there is no way for me to know for sure if it's a problem with the gpu, some other hardware or software.

I will say though both crashes happened while in Destiny 2. First one the game froze about 2 minutes in during a cutscene giving me that loud noise of the audio stuck that I'm sure we are all aware of. Second crash I went to the rr and then heard the windows alert sound followed by the destiny around turning off. When I got back to the room I had no video signal and had to do a hard shutdown. It looked like my pc was still on though just no signal which makes me think it's something with the gpu. Hopefully software.

Currently stress testing my gpu and it's doing fine so who knows.

*Edit* forgot to add that after the second crash I noticed all my precision x settings were gone like it was a fresh install. Startup settings gone and profiles gone.
2020/10/17 08:06:53
This can't be coincident with others having issues. Honestly my thought is, they OC these 3xx cards to max and beyond, unlike 2080s you had room, this is the cup for 3xx and causing issues, even on a long run this might fry your GPU. I could be whey off, but that's my though
2020/10/17 08:13:37
riku98523
AWK16
This can't be coincident with others having issues. Honestly my thought is, they OC these 3xx cards to max and beyond, unlike 2080s you had room, this is the cup for 3xx and causing issues, even on a long run this might fry your GPU 

It absolutely can be a coincidence. It is almost certainly confirmation bias. There is an expected fail rate of any product and the people who fall in that % are the ones far more likely to post about the issue. The majority of people who aren't having issues have no reason to go to a forum and make posts about how they aren't having issues.

My issues are most likely unrelated to OPs btw. I was just adding what happened to me today because I had an issue. You won't find posts from me for the last few weeks saying "my card is great" and I'm on the forum daily to keep up on the news.
2020/10/17 08:21:39
You right about complainers, so lets hope this is not link to one specific issue and there is nothing to worry about in near future.

2020/10/17 08:26:46
arestavo
AWK16
You right about complainers, so lets hope this is not link to one specific issue and there is nothing to worry about in near future.

FWIW, I troll these forums obsessively and have seen only 3 or 4 posts about red lights (one of which still worked). I've seen way more posts about people actually being able to buy the cards and how fast they are.
2020/10/17 08:29:38
arestavo
AWK16

FWIW, I troll these forums obsessively and have seen only 3 or 4 posts about red lights (one of which still worked). I've seen way more posts about people actually being able to buy the cards and how fast they are.

You right about that as well. I guess I'm so exited to get one and hearing anything negative, you can't help yourself but  to be effected, despite your age and experience
2020/10/24 01:04:02
blastokid
Just happened to me with my 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 hours after receiving it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account