2020/10/16 14:42:01
ebonmark

I use a Tiamat 7.1 headphone and I really need the Crossover function or I get very little bass. Is it too much to ask for this option to be available? I really need this, am I the only one?!
2020/10/16 15:31:30
Cool GTX
2020/10/20 19:44:58
saberwoulf
I have a similar problem, running 5.1 analog out to a Yamaha Receiver and get almost no bass on a 350 Klipsch 10" Sub. Had to crank the sub to hardly get anything out of it. My old Creative labs cards did not have any problem with Bass management on the exact same setup and I was really hoping that this would be a Better card with EVGA quality. Also its certainly sad that on a $300 piece of equipment the best responses for a missing basic feature is either make a request and hope we put it in, or uninstall the software designed to make it work to actually make it work.... I think mine is getting returned.
2020/10/23 12:50:33
Phileosophos
I posted essentially the same request back in March. They haven't updated the driver since. I'm done with EVGA and their incompetence.
2020/10/23 13:24:52
ebonmark
I just read your post in March Phileosophos and my heart sinks knowing that 7 months later and there's no word that anything will be done about it. On a side note, that ty_ger07 person was so off point it was incredibly frustrating to read!
2020/10/24 00:01:13
Phileosophos
ebonmark
I just read your post in March Phileosophos and my heart sinks knowing that 7 months later and there's no word that anything will be done about it. On a side note, that ty_ger07 person was so off point it was incredibly frustrating to read!

LOL! On the one hand I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad tidings. Yet on the other hand, I surely appreciate the empathy. It's always tiring when somebody who clearly has no idea what they're talking about just keeps telling you how wrong you are.
2020/10/24 11:41:14
ty_ger07
ebonmark

Lol.
Ok, whatever.
I was completely accurate from a technical standpoint. Center channel is monotone and that is where bass exists. It's fundamental.

Now, if EVGA's implementation is messed up and doesn't work as it should, that is not tested by me and is totally out of my control.

Don't call me off point when I am completely technically correct about the way it is supposed to work.

When I made those replies, I was under the assumption that there wasn't anything technically wrong with EVGA's implementation. Since then, I have become convinced that there is either a software or hardware issue. When I read how people had to tweak things in a completely ludicrous way just to get 3.1 to work, I knew that there is a problem.

I haven't posted much here since, because it is pointless for me to give advice based on a technically flawed product which doesn't behave as it should in the first place.

Instead or asking for crossover control, perhaps you should ask for proper center channel implementation in the first place. If the center channel worked properly, I am certain that you wouldn't need crossover control. Crossover control is a bandaid for a bigger root problem.

I now agree with you that it is messed up. But I still disagree about why it is messed up and how it should best be corrected.
2020/10/24 12:47:45
Phileosophos
ty_ger07
ebonmark

Lol.
Ok, whatever.
I was completely accurate from a technical standpoint. Center channel is monotone and that is where bass exists. It's fundamental.

Now, if EVGA's implementation is messed up and doesn't work as it should, that is not tested by me and is totally out of my control.

Don't call me off point when I am completely technically correct about the way it is supposed to work.

When I made those replies, I was under the assumption that there wasn't anything technically wrong with EVGA's implementation. Since then, I have become convinced that there is either a software or hardware issue. When I read how people had to tweak things in a completely ludicrous way just to get 3.1 to work, I knew that there is a problem.

I haven't posted much here since, because it is pointless for me to give advice based on a technically flawed product which doesn't behave as it should in the first place.

Instead or asking for crossover control, perhaps you should ask for proper center channel implementation in the first place. If the center channel worked properly, I am certain that you wouldn't need crossover control. Crossover control is a bandaid for a bigger root problem.

I now agree with you that it is messed up. But I still disagree about why it is messed up and how it should best be corrected.

You weren't "completely accurate from a technical standpoint" by a long shot. I've already explained where you were correct and where you were dead wrong. But I'm glad you've at least come around to another piece of the truth: that EVGA has bungled the sub content badly. It's a pity too; the card is so nice in so many ways, but the sub content problem is horrible and the drivers are worse. And apparently they can't be bothered to fix any of it in 6+ months, so now I'm done with them.
2020/10/26 12:26:10
ebonmark
ty_ger07
ebonmark

Lol.
Ok, whatever.

Off point, as the option of having the CROSSOVER function regardless if EVGA consider their product flawed or not, should be there. Just being able to have the option of using CROSSOVER even if they consider their product faultless or they fix their implementation or whatever they want to do as I still may not be satisfied with what they think is "fixed".
2021/01/22 19:04:15
MhzManiac
I have a trouble ticket in for this same problem. a few days after the initial install, I noticed no bass signal to the sub unless I was playing a surround track via dvd or blueray disc. EVGA thought I received a bad set of cards and replaced them. With the new cards, I discovered all mp4 videos would channel everything to the front 2 speakers only using Window's Grove Music player. However, Power DVD Ultra program would channel it to 7.1 with tons of bass to the sub. Mp3's are not so lucky. Always 2 channel no matter the player. Would be nice to have the ability to convert 2 channel audio to at least 2.1 like a cheap pair of speakers from Best Buy.  The ability to select crossover frequencies would really be nice (like my Onkyo 7.1 home theater) but that might be asking a lot. Any good alternate software out there to run this card?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account