2020/10/12 06:07:17
0zapftis
Hey there

I bought the EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING a week ago and experienced the same Fan behaviour as other people on the forum mentioned
(fans turning on and off again at 37 degrees idle)

i contacted the EVGA support and explained the problem and asked for a new Bios to solve the problem.
They just send me a new Bios and the Fans now idle at 38-40% at 26 degrees (depends on the temperature).

i just wanna share the Bios for all other people who don't wanna set a custom curve on MSI Afterburner.

The update worked like a charm, just run the included file, let the bios update and do a reboot.
(Use at your own risk)

I added a screenshot to show you the new bios version.

Greetings from Germany

PS:
Can't Post Links with the First Post, you can DM me or a Mod can allow the links
If a Mod will allow the Links, just DM me too, i'll can send the file and a virustotal link if needed

PPS:
You can Download the Bios now at Techpowerup -> /vgabios/225420/225420

Attached Image(s)

2020/10/16 15:38:41
Cool GTX
Yes, new & low post count users have limits ... including sending PM
Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Not saying it wont work - just saying EVGA usually asks for serial number & BIOS sticker info for your card - to make sure any BIOS EVGA sends people should do no harm (work)
2020/10/18 11:37:32
0zapftis
Thanks for your reply @Cool GTX
EVGA didn't ask for a serial number or bios sticker, i just told them the name "EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING" and they send me the new bios
2021/01/07 01:36:04
crecr3
Hey,

Great, I have the same card and interested in having this bios also. Did they send you an .exe file or the rom to be used with nvidia firmware update utility?

Thanks

2021/01/07 05:29:58
0zapftis
Hey crecr3.
Yes they gave me a Exe File with the Rom already included, it's an all in one File named "2068V90046340BF_upgrade.exe". 
Just Email them, i don't know if i'm able to send you a direct link via PM, but in can try. (just tried it, doesn't work, sorry)
But remember, it's only for the "EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING"  so use at your own risk ;)

//EDIT
If you are a more experienced user in flashing a GPU Bios, you can grab my Bios at Techpowerup.
the Link is in the first post, just add it to techpowerup url

//EDIT 2
i just uploaded the whole exe file to pixeldrain, but i can't post a complete link, so you have to add the rest of the url by urself.
just add this "/u/hchhFvjU" to the pixeldrain url (if you don't know the url, google it^^), without the ""
Good Luck
2021/01/07 06:08:11
crecr3
Hey 0zapftis,

Got it! thank you very much.

I'm in contact with the support also, they will confirm me the bios to apply ("EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING") 
2021/01/07 06:16:24
0zapftis
You're Welcome, the all in one exe file is really simple to use, just run it and follow the instructions.
But just to be save, save your original bios before with GPU-Z

I'm pretty happy with this Bios, fans idle at 38-40% and i can't hear them at all

Have Fun  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account