2020/10/06 04:13:42
Ayibogan
Hello all. As you see from the title my problem is having random black screens while playing games. First of all i ve been having this problem for quite a while like you can say a year. This black screen crash is so incossistent that it may happen in the first minutes of the gameplay or i wont have any crashes for hours. It s just like a Russian roulette... So these are my system specs, Evga FTW3 1080Ti, ryzen 2700X, G Skill 3000 mhz ram 8gb x2, asus rog strix x-470F gaming.

So let me right down the things that i ve tried to solve this problem. I used ddu to uninstall my current driver in safe mode and installed an old one 425 but problem was still there. My temperatures are in between 65-75 both cpu and gpu. I deleted the graphics card from device manager. I was overclocking my cpu and tuned it back down to 4.00 from 4.3 (also tried increasing and decreasing the voltage of it from 1.3 to 1.45 and the opposite). I tried out different rams both in low speed and only one ram slot (2133, 2400) but still no change. I pretty much unistalled everything expect my games and gpu driver. I deleted geforce experience and discord and other stuff to like in the forum there was a guy he said that he fixed his problem by deleting the old games he played and did the same but no change again. With msi afterburner i downclocked the core speed and ram speed of my gpu but still got the same crash. Updated my motherboard. Let me note that i have two monitors one is 240 Hz 1080P g sync and other is 4K g sync and i have same errors in both. Tried out 2.0 and 1.6 HDMI cables but guess what... still crash happened. Let me note that i formatted my pc several times too. And in an another forum i shared my problem (overwatch) and they said me that to send dxdiag note see the crash better and i sended it from pastebin link and they said that theres something causing my gpu drivers to restart and at that time deleting nvidia geforce ezxperience solved my problem for a while like a week but than it started happening again... And it is important to note that in benchmark programs like heaven benchmark i didn t have any crashes so far (old one with one with village and deagon 1080p) and aproximately i run the program like 3 hours at least by now. Things that i havent tried are, buying windows originally and buying a new psu its 750w the one i use now.

I m so desperate and a bit scared that i started to believe that theres a problem with my gpu :/. Thanks for reading if you reached this far :) and i m open to your advices.

***EDIT***: Now i know the issue a bit more clear. It s about the core speed of my gpu. In the site and also on the box of the card it says that base speed is 1569 Mhz and Boost speed is 1683. But its running at 1950- 1900 scale and with heaven benchmark (latest one) i get crash in the same point every time at 4K resolution but if i lower my gpus core clock speed like 150 or 200 is the safest one with no crash i m good. Do i need to do something else like i tried oc the gpu(didnt increase the mhz just increased the voltage and power limit) to see if it could run at the speed that it meant to be but again i got crashes. I m really started to think about my psu this time cause psus cables cant reach the gpu safely Because cables are short thus i extended the cables with connectors. Let me note again that i get the crashes when i push my gpus limit. At 4K gaming it crashed if i dont lower the core speed at least 200 and at 1080p 240 fps or more gaming, i randomly get crashes like every one hour or two i get the crash. With the last edit i made what paths should i follow? Is opening and cleaning the gpu might fix things? Cause it stays unopened for since 2018 i just dont wanna mess up the warranty since the warranty still goes on. But temps are always lower than 75 at highes it goes to 79. Thanks for the replies :)
2020/10/06 12:06:32
Sajin
Do the fans on your gpu spin up to max speed when the black screen occurs? If yes, then the issue is power related. You may need to run two separate pci-e power cables if you aren’t already. Get rid of the extensions you’re using too as those could be leading to the issue.
2020/10/06 19:02:40
Ayibogan
Sajin
Do the fans on your gpu spin up to max speed when the black screen occurs? If yes, then the issue is power related. You may need to run two separate pci-e power cables if you aren’t already. Get rid of the extensions you’re using too as those could be leading to the issue.

So i made the fans run at max speed with msi afterburner and when the crash happened fans were still at max speed. But if you are saying that without any touch to the fans after the crash happens i guess they run at normal speed they dont go up to full use after the crash happens but at 100% fan use that i set with mai afterburner yeah fans still go on working with the same usage.
2020/10/06 20:16:19
Sajin
In that case I’d say your gpu is the problem. I’d recommend testing your video card in another known good working system like a friends pc, or at a local pc shop to see if the heaven benchmark crash @ 4k issue is reproducible in another rig other than yours. If the issue occurs in another pc I would rma the card if still under warranty.
2020/10/07 03:10:17
Ayibogan
Sajin
In that case I’d say your gpu is the problem. I’d recommend testing your video card in another known good working system like a friends pc, or at a local pc shop to see if the heaven benchmark crash @ 4k issue is reproducible in another rig other than yours. If the issue occurs in another pc I would rma the card if still under warranty.

I have a friend and will test it on his pc as soon as i can and at past i played a lot of games in the first year of my gpu and i didnt have ant crashes at all at 4K in witcher 3, a plague tale:innocence, tomb raider series and many more no crashes at 4K. This crash thing started to happen recently and i ve been away for a while in summer but i see that it s something getting more common in months.

*A quick question, so back in the day i bought this gpu when i was in US but now i m in another country, Turkey. I preferred EVGA because of its global warranty thing and i guess i need to ship card to Europe, Germany for the warranty.(which i have 320 days left that i can track from my products)
And thx for the replies.
2020/10/07 11:16:35
Sajin
Yep, you can send it to the nearest evga rma department near you.
2020/10/07 11:19:55
Ayibogan
Thats perfect after i try my gpu on my friends setup ill reply here again it might take about a week thanks again :)
2020/10/07 11:22:40
Sajin
No problem.
2020/10/24 05:40:08
Ayibogan
Hi again. I solved my problem!!! My problem was my cables... As i said i was using 6+2 cables and in GPU-Z program when i logged in and checked the W and V usage they were bit unstable. Sometimes 6pin V drops to 10 and power consumption was never beyond 90% in GPU-Z. But i changed them with 2x8pin and it did the magic. Every V become more stable and W consumption increased at every degree... So if some having this problem and tried every single thing, first download GPU-Z and track your V and W usage see if it  ups and downs too much which like my case. After changing the cables my power usage went up to 98% easily. ( not in game gpu usage V or W usage )

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account