2021/02/01 11:59:16
CptT95
Hey dabadger, you see my question about cryptomining?
2021/02/01 12:01:33
1evgaagve1
Ya, I'm only 20 seconds away for the 3888. Highly disappointing there hasn't' been another drop.

*edit - changed 2 to 20
2021/02/01 12:03:51
s.karkav
BovineGamer
s.karkav
still no movement on those 3080s, damn
Also I'm really confused as to where the 'european' lists are. I signed in through the eu site, have my ticket since oct or something, nto sure if i'll even be able to order it if my ticket comes up, or if I'm somehow in the NA queue. Nyeh

Hello.
You can find the pertinent threads on my signature, I usually post updates there.
Please do note that some 3080 SKUs are not moving, particularly the Black and Gaming variants.

Having your notifications listed in  means you are safe. When your turn comes up EVGA will send you an email with a secure link to make your purchase, so not much you can do at this point but wait.

If you have notifications showing up in the US site you should contact EVGA support to sort that out. I do believe some people were migrated when the queues opened, are you one of the earlier sign ups?

Many thanks!
Now I'm just kinda bummed I re-applied for some cards last month thinking my notifs weren't on EU, meaning i overwrote my older tickets with newer ones. Now my best bet is the 3885, listed in early november. Still months out, but at least there's hope.
2021/02/01 12:09:01
enewt
s.karkav

Many thanks!
Now I'm just kinda bummed I re-applied for some cards last month thinking my notifs weren't on EU, meaning i overwrote my older tickets with newer ones. Now my best bet is the 3885, listed in early november. Still months out, but at least there's hope.

They shouldn't have overwritten. When you try to sign-up for a sku to which you have already signed-up, it tells you that you are already on the list (at least in North America).  You can try to check this out with a psu (they are usually out of stock).  Sign up.  Wait five minutes.  Try to sign up again.  
2021/02/01 12:09:58
Surfdudeboy
1evgaagve1
Ya, I'm only 2 seconds away for the 3888. Highly disappointing there hasn't' been another drop.

There hasn't been a 3888 drop since the day it was released. :(
I'm 1m29s away myself.
2021/02/01 12:13:42
drewski989
Surfdudeboy
1evgaagve1
Ya, I'm only 2 seconds away for the 3888. Highly disappointing there hasn't' been another drop.

There hasn't been a 3888 drop since the day it was released. :(
I'm 1m29s away myself.

I think I am like 28 secs away on this card too.  Hopefully sometime in the near future it moves, even slightly.
2021/02/01 12:14:29
CptT95
CptT95
Have an idea to repurpose my old case and mobo/cpu which will eventually be upgraded this year I hope
What is needed for cryptomining? I have an i5-8600k atm on an Asus maximus x hero wifi loaded with 4 8 gb corsair 2400mhz ram
Could I have 3x 3060 ti on that for mining 24/7 or is there minimum requirements for mining outside of the gpu itself
This is plan for later this year of course since just getting one card for myself for gaming is being a pain, just an idea I had since I have this corsair 750d case which will be collecting dust now that I have the lian li o11d xl 😆

Pretty sure everyone missed this 😑
2021/02/01 12:19:45
enewt
CptT95
CptT95
Have an idea to repurpose my old case and mobo/cpu which will eventually be upgraded this year I hope
What is needed for cryptomining? I have an i5-8600k atm on an Asus maximus x hero wifi loaded with 4 8 gb corsair 2400mhz ram
Could I have 3x 3060 ti on that for mining 24/7 or is there minimum requirements for mining outside of the gpu itself
This is plan for later this year of course since just getting one card for myself for gaming is being a pain, just an idea I had since I have this corsair 750d case which will be collecting dust now that I have the lian li o11d xl 😆

My limited understanding is that it depends on which crypto coin you want to farm.  Ethereum mining, by way of example, is GPU based.  Others are CPU based.  It varies.  Nothing about that set up strikes me as off for a gpu-based mining effort, but, again...pretty limited knowledge on my part.
2021/02/01 12:20:09
philipma1957
CptT95
CptT95

the cpu is more then good the mobo is fine.  you may need a 850 watt psu.
the cards can be set to 130 watts each on msi afterburner.  which is 390/450 the cpu and mobo are 50-60 more. so a constant 510 watts.  but cooling may be an issue. and once in a while afterburner drops watt setting and cards go to full tcp of 250 watts.
If I built a 2x 3060ti rig I would be more confidant than a 3 card rig. for 24/7/365 mining.

this is and enclosed rig in a case. which can do mining or gaming or both if you only mine with a card.

it is the type of rig I build for many people. I like a lower power card like the 3060ti as I know the watt settings space out and go to full tdp. so in a magical world of phil gets the gear he wants I would have built 5 to 10 of these 2 card 3060ti rigs already.
2021/02/01 12:21:43
__Grig__
jesus......we're still on 9/18.....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account