2020/10/01 13:01:40
chumeniuk
If you think that this won't happen with the AMD launch, they you are mistaken.  Guess you will have to wait for Intel to launch their dedicated cards as I'm sure even the bots will skip those.
2020/10/01 13:11:27
Baasha
how do people buy it so fast? I understand bots will alert them to the product being in stock but do the bots also purchase the cards instantly? How is that even possible?
2020/10/01 13:14:40
galvin
China golden week going to make this worse. It started today

2020/10/01 13:16:21
GNielson
Baasha
how do people buy it so fast? I understand bots will alert them to the product being in stock but do the bots also purchase the cards instantly? How is that even possible?

I think the bots do it all.

ETA: Plus I'm sure they have multiple copies of the bot doing it, to increase the odds of a few completing the purchase.
2020/10/01 13:18:42
Mithrandir8
This is going to be a painful few months. If you're getting frustrated take a step away for a week. I'm probably just going to sit back until I hear reports of stock lasting for more than 5 minutes before trying to snag one of my own.
2020/10/01 13:19:07
javelina1
HeavyHemi
AngryAce
HeavyHemi
No offense but other than a need to vent, why do folks post the 'I did not get my XXX' threads?  It was utterly predictable that initial supply would never meet demand. I'm surprised, given Covid, it is going as well as it has.

No reason other than to vent and to share experiences in trying to get cards. You're under no obligation to click on and read these posts if you are tired of seeing them. 

Thank you for agreeing with me there is really no useful purpose other than to vent and repeat  frustrations as we see with every release. I just wonder when folks will stop repeating the pattern. They depend upon it.

for the spirit of community?  wanting to commiserate with folks having common interests?  would be easier if we had a virtual pub... but alas, here we are... 
2020/10/01 13:21:01
MrMichaelJames
I got a notice and added to cart just to see how long it would take and it was instant, I didn't want a FE card though so I didn't purchase but the site was very responsive while I was on it.
2020/10/01 13:57:38
KingTroy
the story of all our lives
2020/10/01 14:23:19
majorjoey
wanted to ask if anyone else is seeing this , I have the newegg page up with the 3090 and 3080 filter applied and I check the stock couple times a day and nite too  but anyway I noted that if I apply the filter "in stock" It shows me sometimes a few GPU's even though they list as out of stock under their picture  ?  just wondering why the in stock filter would show any if they are out of stock , ?
2020/10/01 14:30:18
UnusualAttitude
I'll keep checking. Interestingly bestbuy.com has a "release date" for several of the cards set at the end of October.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account