2020/10/07 16:38:59
flyinion
Sajin
Seriously? You shouldn’t have to do that.

Yeah but I'll try it anyway I guess to push it along, no idea what values to try though since all they said was to try changing from the default of 2 and raise it.
2020/10/07 16:49:09
Sajin
Just change it from 2 to 8.
2020/10/07 17:25:10
flyinion
Sajin
Just change it from 2 to 8.

I tried 3 and 8.  No change really.  Randomly turned Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling back off for a second attempt with 3 (and later 8) and the only difference was somehow it ran for a 2 minute test on 3, but only one time.  The rest all still crashed within 20-30 seconds or less.  I didn't expect HAGS to fix it anyway since I only turned that on since late August as a possible tip for performance in the new MS Flightsim but had had these errors folding well before that.  Just never caught one live until recently to actually understand what was going on.  That screen corruption really put me on edge since I'd expect a Windows/driver error to just be a standard bluescreen.  The two bugcheck dumps I got this evening, obviously a "blue screen" event were captured while there was no display though so yeah. 

Anyway, I sent them a reply so I guess we'll see what happens next.
2020/10/15 11:19:16
flyinion
So the latest update is they wanted me to run DDU and reinstall drivers.  Finally got a chance to try it, as expected, no change, updated request sent.  I'm assuming the OCCT VRAM test actually works for people and I'm not just chasing a false issue with it cause corruption in the displays.  I haven't tried any Folding since the end of the month when this all started.
2020/10/15 11:43:37
Cool GTX
thanks for the update

every Folding WU is a different load ... max OC is usually no longer possible ... some WU are power hungry, watch your temps

New WU launched last month that will push your GPU ... some posts in Folding section of Forums
2020/10/15 14:03:03
flyinion
Cool GTX
thanks for the update

every Folding WU is a different load ... max OC is usually no longer possible ... some WU are power hungry, watch your temps

New WU launched last month that will push your GPU ... some posts in Folding section of Forums

Yeah I had an increase in GPU issues towards the end of last month.  Anyone want to test out that OCCT VRAM test for me on their system just to verify it works for them?  I don't want to start up folding if I really do have a VRAM issue and pull down a WU that I might not be able to complete.
2020/10/15 15:56:51
Sajin
Was able to run the vram test for 5 minutes on my card. No issues.
2020/10/15 16:49:53
flyinion
Sajin
Was able to run the vram test for 5 minutes on my card. No issues.

Thanks, can you do me a favor and try a 10 minute run?  I've had it run up to 6 minutes or so on mine, with underclocking, but that's it.
2020/10/15 17:13:46
Sajin
Ran it for 18 minutes. No issues.
2020/10/15 17:21:25
flyinion
Sajin
Ran it for 18 minutes. No issues.

Thanks :) Gives me extra leverage if needed for the RMA process then.  Seems like I definitely have something going on.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account